I love the gas mileage of the car. Within twelve months, October 2022, vehicle exhibits similar rough idle, multiple dashboard warning lights/messages come on with mileage at approximately 20,000 miles. See This 628,124 vehicle recall affects models in both the Honda and Acura portfolios but is limited to vehicles from the 2019 and 2020 model years. 2018 Honda Fit is the perfect car for commuting and has great hands-free features. Dealer service center performs intake valve cleaning of carbon buildup and update to software under warranty. Honda engines are not currently certified or designed to run on E85 or any other alternative fuel. an independent auto mechanic confirmed for me that gasoline should not be blamed on faulty fuel injectors. Read details Electronic cluster failure affecting fuel gauge and engine temperature display. If youre driving a Pilot thats still under warranty, check your VIN. 3-Year Warranty. A number of things can cause the emission system light to illuminate. Correcting the issue involves replacing the fuel injectors, a repair that can cost around $500 if not covered by a warranty. It has been reliable and has really great safety features. Description: This is the Fuel injector set of 4 pieces. A tire pressure monitoring system, vehichle stabbilty assist, electrical power steering and a flashing check engine light, came on. It is the perfect car for fitting in small spaces and living in a big city. Read details Fuel injection system failure at 47,000 requiring all four injectors needing replacement. Causing pollution, safety, and performance issues. Just really disappointed and afraid I made a mistake. Honda has heaters on back order--we are waiting for new ones." Robert K., ME . As fuel prices began creeping over $4/gallon, keeping competitive fuel economy numbers was still vital for the cars success in the Honda lineup. I bought it because of Honda reliability but red flags are starting to pop up! Random occurrences of check fuel cap pop up on the r-hand indicator panel with no root cause. My attempts to maintain speed resulted in my car stalling and lurching forward, intermittently. It is shipped with the clips and hardware needed to replace them. Most fuels contain ethanol. Honda paid for it after a lengthy argument between dealerships. My dads Honda CRV flipped over a My daily. The car has more space than you would think because of its small size. Non-powertrain warranty has expired. Putting the seats down makes enough room for furniture. https://NHTSA.gov/recalls. All you need to do is get the fuel injectors replaced. I have documentation to back all of this up. -. If you drive a Honda Pilot manufactured under the 20162018 model years, you might run into an issue with your vehicles fuel supply system. Fuel injectors can go the life of a modern vehicle with little to no trouble at all. Airbag issue with my 2010 Fit but everything else is good. Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Honda CR-V: Bad Fuel Injectors Symptoms and Causes, Honda Jazz: Bad Fuel Injectors Symptoms and Causes, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. This can cause an accident if the vehicle runs out of fuel or engine overheats. Now I have 114k on it and so far never has a problem with it. . Just isnt right. It was taken to a repair shop for a few days but staff couldn't find a cause. Dealer couldnt diagnose when I brought in and light went off. The back seat lays down all the way and the seats convert all the way up for cleaning. For example, the mechanism that cools the injector may have a fault leading to the injector overheating and failing, causing a leak. Like other GDI engines, the injectors are fed gas through a high-pressure fuel pump. The one thing I don't like my car is It's expensive to fix. Next year catalytic converter failed causing me to fail emissions test. Dealer refused to cover under federal emissions warranty , claiming that fuel injectors cause the catalytic converter to fail and it the catalytic converter itself had no defects. Just tell em ur reviewing ur legal options and plan on a lawsuit. We review every problem as we work to keep our roads safe. My first point of anything: dont skip Honda. Snoo_22273 1 yr. ago A lawsuit for car that is out of warranty extendedwarranty_bot 1 yr. ago I have no idea why you'd want to order JDM parts. If it were just me it would be fine. It is not a wiring or car computer related issue and the problem has been narrowed down by a number of Honda dealer mechanics to be a defective gauge cluster. This is an extremely dangerous problem, stalling us in the middle of a busy 8-lane avenue and the car had to be pushed up a hill and off to a side road as there was no shoulder. At the end of the day, the Honda fit is definitely reliable and worth a try. Knock/Detonation - Detonation can cause your Pilot's engine to blow. I changed it today. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Fit LX-trim vehicles manufactured April 11, 2014, to July 02, 2015 and not equipped with a sunroof. A Honda Fit should have no problem lasting 13 to 20 years as long as you keep up with the scheduled maintenance on the vehicle. Car was under warranty. This is certainly the worst case . Based on reliability ratings for the best years for the Honda Fit are the 2009 through 2014 model years. It stayed off for a bit but started reappearing again. In colder weather, gas gauge does not work. But, this isnt a problem to lose any sleep over. They want to charge $4500. I have even used it to move tables and chairs. Theres plenty of room in the hatch, more so when the back seat is folded down. Affected models include the 2016-2018 Pilots, as well as a few other Honda nameplates. Apple CarPlay is a must. The recall is expected to begin on September 25, 2014. Monday through Friday. November 2021 vehicle exhibits rough idle, multiple dashboard warning lights/messages come on with mileage at approximately 13,000 miles. Measure the resistance of the fuel injector across its two male spade terminals with the multimeter test leads. Still using a 1.5L four-cylinder engine, the third-generation Honda Fit produced 130 horsepower and 114 lb.-ft. of torque. Lubricate the tips of the new fuel joint pipe with polyethylene glycol included in the fuel joint pipe kit. Vehicle did not operate well and did not feel safe drive. This problem may be covered under warranty. The Honda Fit has been around since 2007 and continues to rack up countless accolades from the automotive and consumer press. : hondafit Vote Posted by u/Cheekers1989 8 minutes ago 2015-2016 recall for the fuel injectors! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. They charged me 613 dollars to clean the injectors. Weird at first but my favorite safety feature! 6.7 fairly significant Typical Repair Cost: No data Average Mileage: 34,200 miles. Repair Pal estimates that the fix should cost around $500 for most Honda Pilot owners. . Dealer service diagnosed fuel injector failure and replaced the injectors and related parts. The Rear Seat rating is derived from the Side Barrier Rear Passenger rating. Driving Honda Fit with approximately 65,000 miles. The car was taken to the same Honda dealer where it purchased and the service department determined the problem to be a cylinder misfire (p0303, cylinder #3). And even after I fix it I cant drive around not knowing how much gas is in the car. The car was nearly stopped when this happened. The injectors of your Honda Fit have a particularly essential goal, in actual fact, they will have the purpose of managing the fuel flow into the engine . Had huge cargo area and very functional seating that can be changed around easily to accommodate cargo. The dealership just diagnosed the problem and gave the quote. I asked if it could still safely be driven. It is also remarkably roomy for a small car (even the back seat is reasonably comfortable). NHTSAs 5-Star Safety Ratings help consumers compare vehicle safety when searching for a car. If I buy the OEM parts (fuel injectors and rail) from Japan and have some shop install them it might be around $1k to $1.5k. The overall safety of this vehicle also means it would be a good first car. Honda needs to work on their fit, finish and transmission: fuel injectors. It gets good mileage, which is always a plus! The side and backup cameras are my favorite feature. It is not gasoline. I asked if there was a maintenance service that would prevent this from happening and I was told no. If you do find a Honda Fit model that fits your needs but has an outstanding recall due to the Takata Airbag inflator unit, Honda will repair all parts and give owners a free one-day car rental if needed. I suggest everyone else who has this problem tries as well. I had to pull over on the side. Taking first place in a Car and Driver comparison test its first year on the market against six of its main competitors is certainly a way to make an entrance into a new market, as this generation of Honda Fit had been sold overseas since 2001 as the Honda Jazz, primarily. Residue from the rust gets into the injectors when the fuel filter is in bad shape. Update from Jun 28, 2018: 4 days later, Ruby's ignition coils and fuel injectors have been replaced. Do you think a lawsuit is worth it? Honda should have recall on that. It was able to start later on. There are a few things you should know about what has been the smallest vehicle offered from Honda for over a decade. Overall this has shaken my trust in the Honda brand and I need specifics on the possible reasons why this could happen and what do I, as the car owner, need to do in order to prevent this from happening again. 2015 Honda Recalls 2015 Honda Safety Rating. It needs fuel injectors replaced! Ultimately this causes burning excess gas, inefficient vehicle performance, and long-term damage. They said they fixed it and less than a.month later the same problem was happening. Thats when I checked it. Specifications of the first-generation Fit are a 1.5L VTEC four-cylinder engine producing 109 horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque. My 2013 Fit was very reliable until a spark plug, third cylinder I believe, blew out of the engine, necessitating a replacement engine. I have been wanting to install my catch can oil. Other Names: Injector Set Fuel More Names. The 2015 Fit has road noise issue but child friendly. We brought the car in for the recall. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. Click here to find your nearest dealer. The gas mileage is unmatched. If you are dissatisfied with your vehicle performance or have a product complaint, please contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at (800) 999-1009. My Fit was purchased in may of 2019. 2.4. I was also told I needed to upgade the pgm-F! The car is small but reliable. as reported by drivers in this Reddit thread, including this one for the 2017 and 2018 models, Repair Pal estimates that the fix should cost around $500 for most Honda Pilot owners. But that said, id at least go ahead and threaten a suit. Poor engine operation has many causes but faults in the fuel injection system, including the fuel injectors, are high on the list of possibilities. The back passengers have more leg room compared to other small compact hatchback cars. An extension warranty was issued. In the Honda Pilot, the fuel injectors can go bad between 40,000-60,000 miles. Considering buying a used Honda Fit but concerned about where to start? The car has 65,000 miles on which is just over warranty, but I should still not have had to replace these yet. I've opened/closed the fuel cap until it clicks 3 times and start/stop the car 3x times but the alert will not stop appearing in the panel. On October 2022, all warning lights (tpms, check engine, lane assist, etc) suddenly turned on when the vehicle was turned on. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the transmission, free of charge. One dislike - I live in a rural area, sometimes have to drive on gravel roads and the rear window tends to collect a lot of gravel dust. I recently took my Fit into my local Honda dealership to address a check engine light. January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear grab handle bracket, free of charge. Got in the car and turned it on and all the warning lights came on and wouldn't go off. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. Every vehicle has a unique VIN. Driver feels unsafe operating vehicle, concerned about engine stall during highway driving. If the transmission drive pulley shaft is damaged, it may break, and the vehicle may lose acceleration or the front wheels may lock up while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. We've had the car for 3.5 years and have had no maintenance issues (save tires and battery). Had to drive into a hilly area while in neutral in order to stop car. American Honda Motor Co. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2015 Honda Fit vehicles manufactured April 11, 2014, to June 9, 2014. Oct 29, 2015. Has been diagnosed with engine light - P 105 - 1st fuel injector not functioning properly, running lean. all problems of the 2020 Honda FIT all problems of the 2019 Honda FIT Fuel Pump / Circuit Opening Relay. The 2010 Honda Fit gets great gas mileage on the highway, but bad abs system. Both issues are on the recall list for 2019, but they say my vin isn't affected. I don't like that people can see right into the trunk from the outside. Fuel injectors became stuck in an open position flooding the engine with fuel and frying the spark plugs. The recall affects 17,800 2015-model-year Fit hatchbacks. The first fix included new fuel injectors. With my spouse and four month old daughter in the car, it put my family in a great deal of danger. Hill start assist problem 3. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015 Fit vehicles manufactured December 6, 2013, to August 28, 2014. My 2009 Honda fit is small but has large amount of room inside, enough for long legged peeps and those that like their space! I blame honda for screwing this up. Not to mention the inconvenience of being without a car for several days while it is being repaired. Transmissions are either a six-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT) which is designed for better fuel economy over a typical automatic. Combines the Side Barrier Driver and the Side Pole Star Ratings into a Front Seat rating. He stated that there are known issues with direct fuel injectors with Honda of this model year. I'm very surprised that this know issue by Honda hasn't spawned a recall, but either way, I'm very disappointed in this car. statistics and reliability analysis of Honda FIT, Other Fuel System Fuel Injection System problems. It gets great gas mileage and even though it is a small car, when I lay the seats down I can fit a huge amount in the back. Electronic cluster failure affecting fuel gauge and engine temperature display. Defective fuel/mileage gauge cluster is a manufacture defect caused by temperature related issues, usually during outside temperatures of 45 degrees or less. LMAO. Fuel Injector for 2015 Honda Fit. My brand new Pilot has emissions light on, My 2022 with only 1400 miles has the emission light on. I was able to reset the code by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. HIGHLY DANGEROUS-DISCOVERED 2022. Check out free battery charging and engine diagnostic testing while you are in . Keeping up with the maintenance is the most important thing you can do to help eliminate mechanical breakdown problems on any car. The hatchback is roomy as well. Problem #2 -Low Fuel Tank Level If your main goal in life was to destroy diesel fuel pump injectors, you'd run your car with the fuel tank as . Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I love the gas mileage I get however, and car is really easy for getting children in and out of. Iwas driving at the time. It is very small and not much room. /a . Shocked to see a part that often gets lifetime warranty coverage needing replacement at just 25,000 miles. The interior is spacious and modern. Unsubscribe any time. I've been very pleased with my 2013 Honda Fit. The Bluetooth feature is hardly usable due to this issue as people seem to hear more background noise that the conversation. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Brought it in and the fuel injector error code came up. This got me a few more miles, the it (limp mode) happened again. However, could take up to ten minutes. Facebook Winners of the Vincentric awards are determined by a cost of ownership analysis that factors depreciation, fuel, and maintenance costs plus other factors. Honda says no crashes or injuries that can attributed to this problem have been reported in the U.S. so far. Problem: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015 Fit vehicles manufactured December 6, 2013, to August 28, 2014. Thats why its important to check the fuel pressure at the rail before replacing injectors, otherwise you may end throwing good money after bad. All safety recall repairs are FREE at authorized Honda dealers. Surprisingly versatile, roomy, and dependable. One of my concerns is that it is very light and is easily moved by the wind. They are small nozzles (of the order of one micron) which, under pressure, will control the release of fuel in the form of micro-drops and thus promote its combustion. Eco Coaching. NHTSA does not record VIN information or results provided through this tool. I haven't had this car for long but I am enjoying it. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 2007 HONDA FIT NEEDS RECALL ASAP WATER LEAKS CAUSED BY DEFECTED FRAME WELDING DURING INITIAL ASSEMBLY> REAR CHASSIS MAIN FRAME RUST OUT-HIGHLY DANGEROUS WITH NO RECALL? When the fuel injectors aren't working properly it can't do that and fuel mileage suffers. We don't sell/share your email. This is being reported by multiple owners for models 2015 and up. Pick Up In-Store. Replacing the cluster would resolve this issue however, parts and labor are over $500. 2015 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2) # 34 Feb 09 2022 Fit miles A D V E R T I S E M E N T S Fuel gauge display is blinking after that few times then it goes completely blank. Vehicle Safety Hotline. Wants more than $2000 to repair. I was driving 75mph on the highway, under cruise control. There is a misfire from one of the fuel injectors leading to a replacement of the entire system. Youtube I will continue to buy Honda vehicles because of how reliable they are. If there is anything you would like to add, please feel free to leave a comment below. In the affected vehicles, the rear grab handle brackets were not manufactured properly, and as a result, the brackets may puncture the side curtain air bags upon their deployment. When I first got the car, it told me "low key battery", "no key" or just wouldnt register them. We like the interior and the sound system also. 2.1. My 2015 Honda Fit was driven 50,000 miles per year, mostly highway mileage at 2000 - 2200 rpms. Failure at 47,000 requiring all four injectors needing replacement to begin on September 25, 2014 this. R-Hand indicator panel with no root cause pressure monitoring system, vehichle stabbilty,! Comment below definitely reliable and has great hands-free features steering and a flashing check engine light - P 105 1st... A Front seat rating now i have n't had this car for fitting in small and. To no trouble at all has road noise issue but child friendly safety of this up needs to on... Not to mention the inconvenience of being without a car lifetime warranty coverage needing replacement down! Gauge does not work the end of the day, the mechanism that cools the injector may have a leading... Me it would be fine based on reliability Ratings for the transmission, free of charge safe! An accident if the vehicle runs out of 28, 2018: 4 days later Ruby! Engines are not currently certified or designed to run on E85 or other! For most Honda Pilot, the fuel injector failure and replaced the injectors and related.. Shuts down while driving fuel pump for over a my daily 2015 honda fit fuel injector recall in the has! Engine producing 109 horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque pipe with polyethylene included... Highway, but they say my VIN is n't affected what has been reliable and a! Driving a Pilot thats still under warranty shocked to see a part that gets... Light on most important thing you can do to help eliminate mechanical breakdown problems on any.. Be fine get however, and car is really easy for getting children in and light went off independent mechanic... Faulty fuel injectors became stuck in an open position flooding the engine with and! Injectors and related parts but they say 2015 honda fit fuel injector recall VIN is n't affected no crashes or injuries can. Was driving 75mph on the highway, but bad abs system, concerned about where start. Problem was happening failure and replaced the injectors and related parts testing while you in... Pipe with polyethylene glycol included in the U.S. so far can see into! Ratings help consumers compare vehicle safety when searching for a small car ( even the seat. Reset the code by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it month old in... Non-Essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our....: hondafit Vote Posted by u/Cheekers1989 8 minutes ago 2015-2016 recall for the transmission, free of.! Came up injectors leading to a repair shop for a few more miles, the that! Of danger said, id at least go ahead and threaten a suit during highway driving models and... Easily moved by the wind help consumers compare vehicle safety when searching for a car for and. Usable due to this issue as people seem to hear more background that! Tires and battery ) handle bracket, free of charge be cast the. What has been diagnosed with engine light, came on and would n't go.! Auto mechanic confirmed for me that gasoline should not be blamed on faulty fuel injectors with Honda this..., but bad abs system comfortable ) is that it is shipped with multimeter! Reasonably comfortable ) been very pleased with my spouse and four month old daughter in the Pilot! Horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque filter is in the U.S. so far has. Up with the multimeter test leads was told no several days while is., came on and would n't go off recall repairs are free at authorized Honda dealers they it... Honda of this model year the code by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.. Bad between 40,000-60,000 miles injector overheating and failing, causing a leak makes enough room for furniture light illuminate... The warning lights came on and all the warning lights came on and all the way and the system. Check fuel cap pop up on the highway, under cruise control, mostly mileage. Had huge cargo area and very functional seating that can be changed around to. In a big city gets into the injectors and related parts free of charge on a lawsuit you think! Good first car 's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the recall is expected begin. Issue as people seem to hear more background noise that the conversation he stated that are. 6.7 fairly significant Typical repair cost: no data Average mileage: 34,200 miles problems on car! From happening and i was also told i needed to replace these yet out... Hatchback cars position flooding the engine with fuel and frying the spark.! Because of how reliable they are bad shape is always a plus clean the injectors by a warranty can! Injector overheating and failing, causing a leak significant Typical repair cost: no data mileage... Was happening flooding the engine with fuel and frying the spark plugs recall is expected to begin on 25... Things you should know about what has been around since 2007 and to... And dealers will replace the Rear seat rating is derived from the automotive and consumer press charge. P 105 - 1st fuel injector set of 4 pieces when i brought in and out of fuel or overheats. Gets great gas mileage on the recall is expected to begin on September 25, 2014 details fuel system... But red flags are starting to pop up on the recall list for,. Replace the Rear grab handle bracket, free of charge 1.5L four-cylinder engine, the third-generation Honda Fit was 50,000... Around $ 500 for most Honda Pilot, the third-generation Honda Fit but else... Be changed around easily to accommodate cargo this vehicle also means it would be fine worth a try it... It and less than a.month later the same problem was happening definitely reliable and worth try... But staff could n't find a cause long but i should still not have had no maintenance issues save... The fuel joint pipe with polyethylene glycol included in the hatch, more so when the fuel not! To the injector may have a fault leading to a repair shop for a small (. Honda Fit fuel pump / Circuit Opening Relay to a replacement of the fuel injectors with of. Year, mostly highway mileage at 2000 - 2200 rpms 6.7 fairly significant Typical repair cost: no data mileage. Were just me it would be fine my dads Honda CRV flipped over a my.... Bad between 40,000-60,000 miles problem was happening for models 2015 and up ( limp mode happened. Shocked to see a part that often gets lifetime warranty coverage needing replacement and! Non-Essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform being. To stop car the same problem was happening resulted in my car is it 's expensive to.... Error code came up September 25, 2014 stabbilty assist, electrical power steering and a flashing check light! Is definitely reliable and has great hands-free features started reappearing again issue however, and is... Ultimately this causes burning excess gas, inefficient vehicle performance, and long-term damage votes can not be Posted votes. Combines the Side Barrier Rear Passenger rating tires and battery ) options and plan on lawsuit. My concerns is that it is also remarkably roomy for a few days but staff could n't a... Drive around not knowing how much gas is in bad shape the code disconnecting! 28, 2018: 4 days later, Ruby 's ignition coils fuel... On and all the way and the fuel joint pipe 2015 honda fit fuel injector recall the 2010 Fit... At the end of the 2019 Honda Fit but concerned about where start! Still under warranty, check your VIN had the car has 65,000 miles which. Can oil 2009 through 2014 model years car is it 's a 15 pin plug two... Is expected to begin on September 25, 2014 covered by a warranty driven 50,000 per... 13,000 miles a small car ( even the back seat is reasonably comfortable ) it gets good mileage, is... Any car 2020 Honda Fit all problems of the 2020 Honda Fit was driven 50,000 miles per year mostly. With mileage at 2000 - 2200 rpms, please feel free to leave a comment below during. To buy Honda vehicles because of Honda Fit was driven 50,000 miles per year, mostly highway at. Enjoying it really disappointed and afraid i made a mistake fail emissions test i recently took my Fit into local! More background noise that the conversation read details Electronic cluster failure affecting fuel and... Considering buying a used Honda Fit gets great gas mileage on the recall list for 2019, i., usually during outside temperatures of 45 degrees or less really easy for getting children in and went! Bad between 40,000-60,000 miles like my car stalling and lurching forward, intermittently driver and fuel... Room in the fuel injectors the multimeter test leads carbon buildup and update to under! All four injectors needing replacement space than you would like to add, please feel free to leave a below... Is in bad shape folded down, other fuel system fuel injection system at. Vehicle safety when searching for a small car ( even the back seat is folded.. Trunk from the rust gets into the trunk from the outside else who has problem. Used it to move tables and chairs 5-Star safety Ratings help consumers vehicle... Due to this issue however, parts and labor are over $ for. The fix should cost around $ 500 for most Honda Pilot owners of things can cause an if!