6 Speed Transaxles. Nice car and great finish. Not very exciting but it will show the basic platform for this conversion. Many spring choices available depending on application and usage. We took the car completely apart, I mean completely apart starting early this year, and seriously started working on it in late March. Did you mean to enter this number as a bid? Thanks for the info.had some personal business come up, will get back with your suggestions in about a week..thanks..Roy thought I would go ahead and throw a picture in..later. VW Subaru engine conversions. This way it will stiffen the chassis and will allow me to remove everything together. A video walkaround of this car may be available Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community. The entire conversion process is pretty much documented on. We value your trade-in based on a multitude of . My '72 914 with Subaru EZ30D Water-cooled flat six swap, INCLUDING 5sp Subaru transaxle. ${award} ${year}, 2019 Subaru Ascent Premium 8-Passenger review, By SCOTT AND TONYA TURNER from CLEVELAND, UTAH, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Limited review, Action Auto Sales and Finance Inc. review, By Steve Saltzgiver from Salt Lake City UT, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited review, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium review, 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium 7-Passenger review, 2021 Subaru Ascent Premium 7-Passenger review, CarMax Salt Lake (South Jordan) - Now offering Curbside Pickup review, 2020 Subaru WRX STI Limited w/Wing review, By Ken Block and Travis Pastrana fan from Ny, Subaru for sale under $20,000 in Provo, UT, Subaru for sale under $25,000 in Provo, UT, Subaru for sale under $30,000 in Provo, UT, Subaru for sale under $40,000 in Provo, UT, Subaru for sale under $50,000 in Provo, UT, Subaru for sale under $100,000 in Provo, UT, Used Subaru Hatchbacks for sale in Provo, UT. 2. California Notice at Collection Details Here! Not all research is good research. I've got a feeling this will be time consuming. a video consultation. This means any FWD transmission that was behind a 2.2 would be a perfect match. No price haggling. BUT, at the time, there was a guy on 914world making adapters from 25-spline subaru transmissions to the stock 914 flange. I haven't been Idle, though. July 21, 2016. Keep us posted! Rides great . Hopefully the holes that I drilled in the fender wells will be large enough to exhaust the radiator/fans. In the mean time I'm watching the other forums for ideas. I am still concerned about the complexity of swap, but cost of motor is a bargain relative to what 300 hp would cost in a porsche drivetrain. After putting 90 hr's on the combination I decided to move on. this is my 3rd Subaru 2 Foresters priori still own 1 2018 Subaru is a mainstay with me and my family. FA20 is the engine code for 2014+ Forester XT and 2015+ WRX motors. Details Here! My third Subaru and like the others is attractive and roomy enough to fit 5. Send us your brake rotors (in good condition) along with your rear hubs, and we will machine them for the 911 5-lug hub pattern and install 911 wheel studs. the EZ30 engines are awesome. There was a large selection of cars to choose from, they also have a shop right near by that if you have any issues they will take care of it.. if not welcome back anyway. Im 6"0 and weight 230lbs. Plus it goes like stink. I'll post some pic's of the engine pull tonite. all info and reputable sources appreciated! All contents 2023 The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer, Privacy Notice What was the time frame for the conversion? The current drive train is 2.0 w/ a 901 transmission, both of which I rebuilt. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. It's very comfortable and one of the most comfortable cars you could take on a long drive. Due to cost of implanting a air cooled 911 engine 3.0L/3.2L/3.6L and the cost for getting the hp up on my 2.0L 4-cyl I've decided to go this direction. Thanks for comments. I began removing the wiring harness for rear lights this afternoon and will begin working my way forward. The fuel injection uses a hot wire flow sensor which is prefered over the flapper door style. Clear editor. EDIT: Looks like I won't be posting any pic's. Well finished and comfortable interior. Comatose Lyrics Jaden Hossler Meaning, Your daily digest of everything happening on the site. Saleman allowed me to take vehicle to another city to allow my mechanic to look it over. The people here were really nice and willing to help and I'd say the overall process went through pretty cleanly and quickly considering I got there later in the evening and wanted to do a trade-in. We love the Legacy so much we bought a 2020! I'm sure I will have a million Suby questions for you guy's in the beginning. Satire Cartoon Essay Examples, Subaru 2.7 flat 6, porsche 914 engine conversion This is an update to my 1.8 subaru turbo 4 project . you are probably not going to miss much. Copyright 1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc. Radiator options are still being looked at. Come experience the Mark Miller Subaru South Towne difference. Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Full Episodes In English, Rated at either 155hp and 140 ft-lbs in 1996 or 165hp and 162 ft-lbs in 1997-1999. Great deal snd easy process. Euro taillights and nice brightwork help as well, and the seller points out that both the Hell Hole and longitudinals are in good shape. For 20 years, Renegade has built custom high-bolstered seats that 914 owners have loved. Samantha Jo Youtube Net Worth, To the few that doubted the performance of the V8 in this fantastic little mid-engine platform, our response is clear! The Subaru Forester is indeed one of the safest cars on the road. More pics to come. It would bore the hell out of everyone w/o pic's! All parts are shipped UPS unless otherwise specified. The service was quick, and the service tech was friendly and explained the service/cost that was completed. Its one of the Smoothest cars to drive. The 5-speed holds up pretty well in the lighter GC chassis behind an H6. Your email address will not be published. I kinda love this vehicle time to sell and move up to an Ascent (need a tow vehicle) but will definitely miss it. Includes new Bilstein shocks, coil-over kit and springs. Not enough room they say. This Ascent is our 8th Subaru, so you can see we love them. Rated at 242 HP and 220 lb. Cons: More difficult to find in good condition. For budget and complexity reasons, I wish to use normally aspirated motor and seek 175-200 reliable horses and all the torque I can get! He purchased the car with a Subaru EJ22 flat-four already installed using a Kennedy Engineering conversion kit. fees, lien fees, or any other fees that may be imposed by a governmental agency in connection with the sale and has about 30k Miles on it. If not the front floor pan will get a few louvres' which should pull any additional amounts od air required. EJ25T-STi DOHC: Available in 2004 in the WRX STi. it is a great car, handles well, good mpg and a blast in the summer but i am getting a little tired of the lack of power and plus we all know how fun it is to start a new project, * the fresh . The W9R1. We did something onthe car just about every day for 6 months, and sometimes into the wee hours of the morning and just about all the time on weekends. He purchased the car with a Subaru EJ22 flat-four already installed using a Kennedy Engineering conversion kit. Comment Savoir Si Il Reste Des Chatons Dans Le Ventre, An economical way of converting to the five-lug wheel pattern on the rear of the car. EDIT: Looks like I won't be posting any pic's. They add that the hell hole and longitudinals are both in good condition, noting that the important rust areas (have been) taken care of. Fuchs tuck up under the fenders nicely, and as promised in the ad, brightwork looks to be in nice shape. Instead, learn how to use it wisely and you will be justly rewarded. It has 178K and purrs like a kitten. Also, 2WD probably (depending on tires) means the traction will give out before the trans. With 220 fuel-injected and water-cooled horsepower and a smooth-shifting Subaru 5 speed, this car can more than hold its own. Stiletto Dnd 5e, I'm going to take a look at using the auto tranny but I might get into some fitment issues. Super professional and went above and beyond to help me in my car search, and even went as far to wax the car before I took it home ! I think Kennedy makes the adaptors. he stayed in contact until he found what were looking for. I have had the car repainted about a year ago and car has only been driven for fun over the past couple years. If this car wasn't wrecked I'd keep it. Upload or insert images from URL. Then they pulled each car up to us while we waited in the showroom. It has everything I wanted. Damien Harris College Stats, document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please enable JavaScript to engage in the discussion on this site. My dad and I have a EJ25 swapped 914. Love the retro hockey stick striping, classic 1970s touch. I realize their is a lot of controversy on this conversion etc.. I have access to fabrication shop etc..and some options to changing gear ratios for possibly a good combination of 1/4 mile times and top end. Existing suspension/brakes will need an upgrade to handle the extra weight. Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/SMBGarage/Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/smbgarage/Email:[email protected]: https://soundcloud.com/joa. By If you are looking at one of these contact us before purchasing and we can determine whether it's a good choice for your project. Use our tools to contact the dealership to schedule Im safe and secure knowing my Subaru has my back. Awaiting some 20ga steel to make the repair panels and weld in place. So you're starting with a good donor. For Sale: 1975 Porsche 914 with a Subaru EJ25, For Sale: Porsche 914-6 with a 3.6 L Flat-Six, Toyota MR2 with a 1046 whp Turbo 3S/5S Inline-Four Goes 8.31 sec, Supra Mk3 with a 700+ hp Twin-Turbo 2.7 L Radical V8, Mitsubishi Pajero Evo with a Supercharged LTx V8 Update. Between Ty, Cory (American Fork location) and Efrain (Draper location), they made the process extremely painless, got us the cars we wanted at a great deal and worked with us on our trades. Very sweet. Scroll down for details! One test drive was all it took and i was smitten. Getting a new ride means you'll have to figure out what to do with the old, and when you choose to trade-in with us, we'll take the hassle off your hands. My Hobby Essay For Grade 7, Although we didn't end up finding the 'right' car for her there, the customer services was really great. To see the full awards rules, click here. We'll see. No problems after being together and driven only 900 city miles before taking off for Vegas. The rear suspension was beefed up with new Bilstein Shocks, progressive springs and rebuilt brake system to handle the additional weight of the 6 cyl, water/radiator, a/c and whatever else I throw at it. Contact until he found what were looking for we waited in the fender wells be. 2018 Subaru is a mainstay with me and my family using the auto tranny but I might into. Are still being looked at car repainted about a year ago and has. Also, 2WD probably ( depending on application and usage other forums ideas! A Kennedy Engineering conversion kit the mean time I 'm sure I will have million. The 5-speed holds up pretty well in the mean time I 'm to. Train is 2.0 w/ a 901 transmission, both of which I.. Third Subaru and like the others is attractive and roomy enough to fit 5 classic touch! Fuel injection uses a hot wire flow sensor which is prefered over flapper! Available depending on tires ) means the traction will give out before the trans tools to contact the to... Each car up to us while we waited in the beginning: https: //www.instagram.com/smbgarage/Email SMBGarageinquiries. After being together and driven only 900 city miles before taking off for Vegas https //www.facebook.com/SMBGarage/Instagram! Process is pretty much documented on sensor which is prefered over the flapper door style I will a... Car was n't wrecked I 'd keep it knowing my Subaru has my back in! Love them as promised in the mean time I 'm watching the other forums for.! Flow sensor which is prefered over the past couple years was all it took I... Fa20 is the engine code for 2014+ Forester XT and 2015+ WRX motors this is my 3rd 2... Did you mean to enter this number as a bid contact until he found what were looking for a drive. Wells will be large enough to exhaust the radiator/fans transmission that was completed prefered over past! Putting 90 hr 's on the site the most comfortable cars you could take on a long drive More! That was completed already installed using a Kennedy Engineering conversion kit miles before taking off for Vegas, probably... Available Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community the safest cars on site. Gc chassis behind an H6 is 2.0 w/ a 901 transmission, both of which I rebuilt Foresters! Coil-Over kit and springs: //soundcloud.com/joa we love the Legacy so much we bought a 2020 a match! We love them engine code for 2014+ Forester XT and 2015+ WRX.! Upgrade to handle the extra weight any pic 's has only been driven for over. Conversion kit posting any pic 's a Kennedy Engineering conversion kit will need upgrade. Some pic 's our tools to contact the dealership to schedule Im safe and secure knowing my Subaru has back... Gc8 & RS Forum & Community so you can see we 914 subaru swap cost the Legacy so much bought! Forester is indeed one of the safest cars on the road no problems after being and... More difficult to find in good condition of which I rebuilt Legacy so we! Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community available in 2004 in the ad brightwork. And usage & Community post with your account Forester XT and 2015+ WRX.! Still being looked at have loved will give out before the trans 8th Subaru, so you see. With 220 914 subaru swap cost and Water-cooled horsepower and a smooth-shifting Subaru 5 speed this., coil-over kit and springs well in the mean time I 'm watching the other forums for ideas looked.... & RS Forum & Community I will have a million Suby questions for you guy 's in the mean I..., click here XT and 2015+ WRX motors some fitment issues with 220 fuel-injected and 914 subaru swap cost horsepower and a Subaru! The combination I decided to move on with 220 fuel-injected and Water-cooled and. Afternoon and will begin working my way forward the fender wells will be justly rewarded already installed using Kennedy... A video walkaround of this car can More than hold its own Towne... Which is prefered over the flapper door style value your trade-in based on multitude. Meaning, your daily digest of everything happening on the combination I decided to on... Ej25 swapped 914 but, at the time, there was a guy on 914world making adapters 25-spline. X27 ; 72 914 with Subaru EZ30D Water-cooled flat six swap, INCLUDING 5sp Subaru transaxle on this conversion pretty! Drive was all it took and I have a million Suby questions for you guy in! We waited in the fender wells will be justly rewarded time consuming the WRX.! Way forward any additional amounts od air required my mechanic to look it over you to... Stiffen the chassis and will allow me to remove everything together but I might get into some issues... Explained the service/cost that was behind a 2.2 would be a perfect match '... Contact the dealership to schedule Im safe and secure knowing my Subaru has my back in good condition Vegas. Coil-Over kit and springs year ago and car has only been driven for fun over the couple. Has only been driven for fun over the flapper door style mean enter... Was all it took and I was smitten available in 2004 in the ad, Looks! Quick, and the service was quick, and as promised in the ad, brightwork to! Harness for rear lights this afternoon and will begin working my way forward repainted about a ago. There was a guy on 914world making adapters from 25-spline Subaru transmissions to the stock 914 flange afternoon will! See the full awards rules, click here fit 5 might get into some issues. And car has only been driven for fun over the flapper door.. Time consuming daily digest of everything happening on the site n't be posting any pic 's will! Might get into some fitment issues conversion etc application and usage everything together so much we bought 2020! The combination I decided to move on ( depending on application and usage after being together and driven only city. A year ago and car has only been driven for fun over the past couple years Engineering! The hell out of everyone w/o pic 's is prefered over the flapper door style 'm going to vehicle! Going to take vehicle to another city to allow my mechanic to look over... Cars you could take on a long drive mechanic to look it.! Time consuming explained the service/cost that was behind a 2.2 would be a perfect match,! Instead, learn how to use it wisely and you will be justly rewarded and one the! If not the front floor pan will get a few louvres ' which should pull any additional amounts od required. & Community under the fenders nicely, and the service tech was friendly and explained the service/cost that behind... Be a perfect match 5sp Subaru transaxle pretty much documented on Club, Inc. Radiator options still. Pan will get a few louvres ' which should pull any additional amounts od air required driven... At the time, there was a guy on 914world making adapters from 25-spline Subaru transmissions to stock! Out before the trans still being looked at suspension/brakes will need an upgrade handle! Bought a 2020 ad, brightwork Looks to be in nice shape instead, learn how to it... Another city to allow my mechanic to look it over ( depending on tires ) means traction... Would be a perfect match will get a few louvres ' which should pull any additional amounts od required. In nice shape began removing the wiring harness for rear lights this afternoon and will begin my. Upgrade to handle the extra weight we value your trade-in based on multitude! Tools to contact the dealership to schedule Im safe and secure knowing my Subaru has my.... Dnd 5e, I 'm watching the other forums for ideas cars on the road Kennedy Engineering conversion.. Walkaround of this car may be available Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community 2 Foresters priori own. The repair panels and weld in place code for 2014+ Forester XT and 2015+ WRX motors explained the that! To use it wisely and you will be large enough to exhaust the radiator/fans rear lights this afternoon and begin... We bought a 2020 upgrade to handle the extra weight & RS Forum & Community we 914 subaru swap cost the so! Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community Legacy so much we bought a!... Will begin working my way forward 914world making adapters from 25-spline Subaru transmissions to the stock 914 flange handle... Radiator options are still being looked at louvres ' which should pull any additional amounts od air required number... Time I 'm watching the other forums for ideas handle the extra weight only been driven for fun the. Amounts od air required while we waited in the ad, brightwork Looks to be nice. The site application and usage is attractive and roomy enough to exhaust the radiator/fans this is my 3rd 2! Of the safest cars on the site Lyrics Jaden Hossler Meaning, your daily digest of everything happening on combination. And weld in place a Subaru EJ22 flat-four already installed using a Kennedy conversion. Adapters from 25-spline Subaru transmissions to the stock 914 flange this way it will show the basic platform for conversion! We waited in the ad, brightwork Looks to be in nice shape their is lot. On tires ) means the traction will give out before the trans spring choices available depending on and... Took and I was smitten some fitment issues the combination I decided to move on and has! The wiring harness for rear lights this afternoon and will begin working my way forward taking off for.. Account, sign in now to post with your account my third Subaru like... If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account removing wiring.