Is it possible to apply it only to one record producer? 1. Im not sure if theres an easier way in the service catalog, but you could get the label element like this and change the innerHTML. Your patients and explaination are both greatly appreciated. Bad Practice: The backend trusts that the client-side has properly validated the user input and calculates the price based on the submitted value. Your Terraform Admin should provide these to you. Thanks Mark! Is there a way to make this work on the RITMs and CTASKs as well as the original request form? Special Interest Groups (SIGs) Leaderboard. The client would like the user to be able to select an Incident Category as well as an Incident . The scripts below are still needed to selectively display the help text but the new field is probably the way to go if youre on Istanbul or later and just want help to always display for a particular variable. As an example, there is a field called Employee Name, and the client wants this to be Contractor Name on a Contract Extension request. Catalog Item Widget Variables in ServiceNow | Share The Wealth GlideFast Consulting 7.58K subscribers 4.4K views 2 years ago Share the Wealth: Overviews & Demos of ServiceNow Features Jeff. Imagine we have a simple Catalog Item with two Variables: Short Description [Single Line Text] Description [HTML] We open the form in the Service Portal and fill it with some random data: We submit and check the Requested Item that the system generates. Another benefit is that RegEx does not only apply on the UI, but also if Catalog Items are requested via the out of the box provided API. I've updated the article. This will install the necessary code and a variable set to add to any catalog item that you . Click "New" to add a Variable Set. Putting a widget within a catalog item really opens up possibilities for your Service Catalog and allows you to build great customizations in the Service Portal without adjusting the base pages. Field Styles for Service Catalog Variables, //Set styles for the 'caller_id' variable, //Set styles for the 'comments' variable label, //Find the label for the textarea variable, //Find the textarea and change its height to match text, //Set the text color of a checkbox option, GlideDialogWindow: Advanced Popups Using UI Pages, Modifying UI14 Bookmark Appearance and Behavior, http://community.service-now.com/forum/5147, Swapping Hardware Assets in ServiceNow with HAM Pro, Thanks! Functionally, a variable set is just a container, so it has only two fields: Name and description. Hi Guys, This series of training will make you expert in Service Catalog.Service Catalog is like my baby as I have worked mostly on Service Catalog and tried to automate lot of workflows. Do you have any other suggestions or new findings? Have you made any updates to this script for Geneva? Geneva Workaround!!! Hopefully my answer will too :). I have a simple script that I want to include on the variable set and Ive checked all of the Applies On boxes for Catalog Client Script. ServiceNow removed this capability several years ago. The list collector variable type in the service catalog is advantageous when it comes to allowing multiple selections on a catalog variable without creating a bank of checkboxes or a bunch of extra variables for users to read through, (but only if . When developing Catalog Items, it therefore crucial to ask yourself: What would happen if this Client Script/ UI Script or field setting was bypassed by a malicious user?. The same of course applies to ServiceNow. Implementation. Here are some access controls to open up the instructions field so that a user can see the image. For example, setting a background color on a field needs to be done with backgroundColor instead of background-color. Looks like Geneva doesnt like setting the width of catalog item variable. g_form.getControl(