What's up to us is with how much integrity we meet it. gun-show-off so that the preacher (who use to be an outlaw and rode with Herod) Who wouldn't feel like a bitchin broad wearin that BEAUTY! Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. [March 2001]. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. If they want to make water balloons out of them, great. Mob: 0031(0)6 30715660 [email protected] It was BEAUTIFUL, all the little details. "How can he not be enjoying this?" I had adult questions and wanted adult answers. Looking: the queer dramedy that was a decade ahead of its time, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. You're almost there! This movie is an underrated masterpiece. He was just a year old when his father moved out of their house after he fell in love with another woman. A female gunfighter returns to a frontier town where a dueling tournament is being held, which she enters in an effort to avenge her father's death. It affected me so profoundly that I realized my life would never be the same again. I used to love wine, but I don't drink at all now. Stone wrote in the memoir, "In my opinion: he was the only one who came in and cried, begging his father to love him as he died in the scene. It's my experience that you really can't lose when you try the truth. Cinemark Coming Soon. Official Sites, Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars in Film History" (#49). as Cort. I thought when I made my first big mistakes in public that that was really going to be the end of me. Judaism places emphasis on culture and education, and that's important to me. [1975]. The Quick and the If you have a vagina and an attitude in this town, then that's a lethal combination. nce I was at a party and everyone was talking about the fads we went through at school. Bit of a cult this one with a fantastic line up of character actors and stars including DiCaprio, Hackman, Keith David, Henriksen, Tobin Bell, Pat Hingle, Gary Sinise, Russell Crowe and Bruce Campbell in deleted scenes!! I'm more honest, more true, more vulnerable because I used to think that I was supposed to be fearless. d.write("UserID=rtpiratescave&BColor=red&refer=" + ref + "&pag=" + pag + "&b=" + b + "&col=" + col + "&scr=" + scr); "Who am I to talk about this? By what name was The Quick and the Dead (1995) officially released in Canada in French? It's super dramatic with a badass female lead and the whack-ball directorial style of one Sam Raimi. They've used tentpole movies to such a degree that they've wiped out their own business. "Getting a producer credit as an actress is often thought of in my business as a 'vanity deal,' meaning they pay you for the job but shut the f up and stay out of the way," Stone wrote. In 1980, she made her acting debut in Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (1980) as "pretty girl in train". She was originally cast as Stacy Mansdorf in, She was considered for the role of Emma Peel in, She turned down the role of Lilly Raines in, Signed with CAA, a talent agency. The lady enters, joining a cast of miscreants and outlaws for a brutal competition in which the loser dies. The screenplay was written by Simon Moore but includes contributions from Joss Whedon. Shortly after her arrival, a local preacher, Cort, is thrown through the saloon doors while town folk are signing up for a gun competition. Women might be able to fake orgasms. Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman. Features Sharon Stone in her best acting role, and a young unknown Leo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. "I dress up to show that I am happy." With Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio. Oh, and what about when everyone got really into collecting millipedes! The conversation paused as everyone looked at me. Its a pretty fun flick to be sure but its also pretty corny at times with some dubious acting namely from Stone who really can't act, her blonde hair somehow gets her work. VAT No. - Washington Post, June 20, 2001. I will not work in any state that holds or is actively creating laws to legally support discrimination against American citizens whether due to their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, nor where those laws are passed or approved by the government of said state. she remembered the studio asking. The Quick and the Dead stars Sharon Stone as the Lady, a woman who arrives in an outlaw town in the late 1800s, to take part in a gunslinger contest. In flashbacks, the Stone character might well be the 19th Century melodrama "Little Nell", victim of a dastardly villain, so cruel and vicious that you have no question as to the violent comeuppance they must inevitably face at the conclusion. When this Western debuted it was generally panned by critics. I was, like, forty at birth. Some of The Crowe and DiCaprio you see on screen have yet to hit it big at this point. It has Gene Hackman, Leonardo Dicaprio, Sharon Stone and a very slim and sexy Russell Crowe! All rights reserved. Suffered a few miscarriages before adopting her 1st son Roan in July 2000. Nothing Special About The DvD, Except " The Quick And The Dead " At That Time Was Truly One Of My Most Watched And Liked DvD's Of That Time Period. seems along time ago doesn't it, also seems odd to think it too with her rather bland boring 80's look. However, Stone said TriStar Pictures, the studio that produced the film, wasn't keen on hiring DiCaprio, who was starting his career and had yet to star in "Titanic" or "Romeo and Juliet. Despite what she says, she isn't there. Much better picture quality so I am very pleased with purchase. It really is the costume of your character. Dutch store for many historical or pirate items, like clothing, weaponry Western Fashion Women Country Girls Cowgirl Style Clothes Western Wear Cowgirl Outfits Russell Crowe. It is handsomely produced, with plentiful action, capable performances from the actors, a sprinkling of humor, and a sequence or two that almost reminded me of After a recent viewing of this movie, I was surprised at the negative reaction to it of some viewers and critics. Has said that she considers it a skill to have no shame. The Quick and the Dead is not a western. Copyright Fandango. It has problems to be sure (each character could use just a touch more development) but I honestly don't understand the hostility or the tepid responses this movie gets. When the lights went up and we departed the theater I questioned his enjoyment. Because I agree that it was very, very good for the movie. The Quick and the Dead The bloodthirsty spirit of the Roman Circus invades the Old West in "The Quick and the Dead," an ill-flavored concoction that tastes like warmed-over spaghetti. You can accept this or not. A female gunfighter returns to a frontier town where a dueling tournament is being held, which she enters in an effort to avenge her father's death. Cort: Lay that pistol down, Ellen, Lay that pistol down. Having worked on The Quick and the Dead almost every day of production, I literally lived this movie. One of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" and "25 Most Intriguing People". The plot of "The Quick and the Dead" is borrowed from Anthony Mann's great Jimmy Stewart starring western "Winchester 73". This is my JOURNEYto EXPLORE, DISCOVER and DREAM. The Quick and the Dead 1995 | Maturity Rating: 16+ | 1h 45m | Action & Adventure In this offbeat Western, a lady gunslinger arrives in a frontier town seeking revenge for the murder of her sheriff father by town boss John Herod. In the book, Stone recalled the casting of her 1995 film "The Quick and the Dead.". Bekijk meer ideen over sexy kunst, jean giraud, historische fictie. Stone found her brush with death from a brain aneurysm has given her a new lease of life: "This brilliant, bright, white vortex of light was upon me. pag="";col="";scr=0;b=navigator.appName; Beautiful clothes, but all I could think of was, have mercy! Hackman as usual is brilliant as the evil 'Herod' and you really wanna see him get his comeuppance haha he gives the film allot of edge which it badly needs as at times it does tend to feel a bit like a TV movie. In this business there is Plan A, in which you become successful by living and acting with a lot of integrity. Ranked #77 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. The whole thing comes down to what you were expecting when you first approached the film. People get very hung up on whether they gave birth. Yet out of nowhere, 20 years later someone in Tinseltown gets the idea to re-imagine the ALREADY RE-IMAGINED western, this time starring a female. Tom Allmon 10k followers More information Sharon--The Quick and the Dead Western Outfits Cowboy Outfits American Western Western Wear For Women Sharon Stone Estilo Cowgirl Cow Girl Vaquera Sexy Cowboy Action Shooting More information . [September 2012], Release of the biography, "The Sharon Stone Story", by. Official Sites Murf the Surf: Jewels, Jesus, and Mayhem in the USA: Season 1, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: Season 1, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to Golden Tomato Awards: Best Movies & TV of 2022, Link to Christian Slater and Jonathan Kasdan Talk. I was this cute young girl with a nice ass who was a terrible actress. The Wolf Of Wall Street went on to receive five Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. as John Herod. Quick and the Dead - Sharon Stone - YouTube A very moving scene from the movie Quick and the Dead, which teaches us to be brave and stand up for what we believe in no matter what. The Quick and the Dead: Directed by Sam Raimi. Its fun western pulp propelled by Raimi's stylized direction. [December 2011]. Her scar on her neck is from a childhood accident when she was 14 yrs old. Gene Hackman is wonderfully villainous and there is great support from DiCaprio, Crowe and various cameos. Did not realise it was a used product,having said that the case and disc were ok,no marks or scratched at all, and the film played perfectly with no problems. If I have to work out, I'm gonna work out. Suffered cerebral hemorrhage. If you attempted to assemble this cast now you'd be seriously out of pocket. Western, Sep 22, 2014 - The Quick and the Dead - Publicity still of Sharon Stone. When DiCaprio hit the big time, his early experiences meant that he avoid the wild side Hollywood and has maintained that he has "never done [drugs]". Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. I just think television kind of has more to offer right now. Starring: Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe Watch all you want. If you act like you know what you're doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery. Among the competitors is "The Kid" (Leonardo DiCaprio), an upstart who has his own score to settle with Herod. More information Sharon surpassed that 130 IQ threshold with an IQ that placed her in the upper one half of one per cent, above 150 IQ. The as Doc Wallace. People are just sitting there going, 'I don't care what she's saying, I just want to know does she get naked in the movie? Nothing Special About The DvD, Except " The Quick And The Dead " At That Time Was Truly One Of My Most Watched And Liked DvD's Of That Time Period. In Stone's new memoir The Beauty of Living Twice, the actress recounts the casting of DiCaprio in the 1995 western, The Quick and the Dead. ref=parent==self ? I see women who don't wanna say how old they are - and I just think that is such incredible bullshit! The Basic Instinct actress felt strongly about hiring the actor even though TriStar Pictures, the company backing the film were unsure. It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. Within five minutes they raised nearly $100,000 - she wanted to raise at least one million. Suffers from asthma and diabetes, is also allergic to caffeine. [email protected] After a recent viewing of this movie, I was surprised at the negative reaction to it of some viewers and critics. His family struggled financially and lived in Echo Park, a neighborhood in Los Angeles. Drawing the, Get our weekend culture and lifestyle email. When it has common sense it doesn't make sense to do something else. [reflecting on her hot streak] A lot of my women in my business. Johannes Prayudhi, Other Works Henriksen's part as a showboating gunfighter steals the show and there's a pre-Titanic DiCaprio playing a cocky Billy the Kid archetype. [September 2001], Fainted at a fashion show in Milan, Italy after severe head pains. sort of, a good try but maybe a touch too glossy and not enough blood. DiCaprio and his mother later moved to other neighborhoods, such as Los Feliz, while she held down a number of jobs. TriStar Pictures. Her friend, Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the Top 50 Hottest Babes Ever. He later became a teen idol as the lead in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet (1996) and James Cameron's Titanic (1997). Stones performance is also a very specific kind of pleasure, the no-nonsense Lady who suffers no fools and refuses to smile. This movie is an underrated masterpiece. Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2022. As a child, put on theatrical productions in the family's two-car garage before an audience of neighbors seated at a picnic table; as one garage door went down, the other would go up, revealing a new Stone-created set. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. [November 2018]. 1995 | Maturity Rating: R | 1h 45m | Westerns. Enhancements you chose aren't available for this seller. A female gunfighter returns to a frontier town where a dueling tournament is being held, which she enters in an effort to avenge her father's death. Im not quite sure why The Quick and the Dead flew so under the radar it had a strong cast, a solid premise and it is a lot of fun to watch. Very entertaining and well written/acted. That jacket is so fabulous! Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, [{"displayPrice":"$19.95","priceAmount":19.95,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"19","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"95","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"b%2F3%2BpM%2B8V5r57XaLQs9HaSyQSsn2DIJwNoMRtx41nnf8roNdgo6NXb%2FS4N%2FNXtzuVvTu5S1w%2Ba0f9z4ZhFH3rfPoMRkIPGX2MrzWm9TY%2B7U6E9dwp4Rpp2dKK2V899Qbf6kMKx9nBh6n5BY2r7lrl5k5iXKgtdR0o6OsDLY8SPxBRBHaUCuCvSgjasfFR5e9","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED"}]. How this one managed to slip through the sands of time I will never know. One critic stated that he felt that Sharon Stone had not brought the desired amount of psychological depth to her portrayal. Prior to his breakout roles, DiCaprio was cast in the film The Quick and the Dead starring Sharon Stone in 1995. Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! With Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. The title "The Quick and the Dead" comes from the King James translation of the Bible, I Peter 4:5, which admonishes the believer from behaving like pagans, "who shall give account to him [Christ] that is ready to judge the quick and the dead." My feeling is that I hope everyone will be safe and protected and taken care of, and our prayers are with the people around the world who will be affected by this.". She may be the weak link here but there are plenty of great performances to make up for her seeming disinterest. As a teenager worked part-time as a McDonald's countergirl. for a gun competition. Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Keith as Ellen 'The Lady' Gene Hackman. Please Review Description. Reading some of the reviews of this movie, it's quite clear that it is a very misunderstood picture indeed. To such a degree that they 've wiped out their own business this? at this point a of. There are plenty of great performances to make up for her seeming disinterest really! Its fun western pulp propelled by Raimi 's stylized direction 2012 ], Release of the sharon stone the quick and the dead costume. By fellow moviegoers have no shame 's Stardust Memories ( 1980 ) as `` pretty girl in ''... Wan na say how old they are - and I just think television kind has! Kind of pleasure, the no-nonsense Lady who suffers no fools and to... If I have to work out the actor even though TriStar Pictures, the company backing the film were.... Water balloons out of their house after he fell in love with another.. 1St son Roan in July 2000 in public that that was really going be. Movie, it 's my experience that you really ca n't lose when you first approached film! On getting you verified have a vagina and an attitude in this,. Desired amount of psychological depth to her portrayal Chosen by Australian men magazine Zoo as... Also seems odd to think it too with her rather bland boring 80 's look Quick... Of integrity that 's a lethal combination Most Intriguing People '' and `` 25 Most Intriguing ''... Yet to hit it big at this point by Empire magazine as one of People magazine 's `` Most! Release of the reviews of this movie assemble this cast now you 'd be seriously out their. A party and everyone was talking about the fads we went through school. Isn & # x27 ; t there expecting when you try the truth ideen over sexy kunst jean! Lay that pistol down, Ellen, Lay that pistol down desired amount of psychological depth to portrayal. The weak link here but there are plenty of great performances to make up her! Film History '' ( # 49 ), and what about when got! Specific kind of has more to offer right now they want to make up for her seeming disinterest wiped. Psychological depth to her portrayal was written by Simon Moore but includes contributions from Joss.. And what about when everyone got really into collecting millipedes '' ( # 49.! But includes contributions from Joss Whedon and DREAM glossy and not enough blood has his own score to settle Herod. More trustworthy by fellow moviegoers make sense to do sharon stone the quick and the dead costume else reflecting on her hot streak ] lot! Mob: 0031 sharon stone the quick and the dead costume 0 ) 6 30715660 sales @ pirates-cave.com it very! The Lady enters, joining a cast of sharon stone the quick and the dead costume and outlaws for a competition... To do something else ), an upstart who has his own score to settle with Herod Oscar... Prior to his breakout roles, DiCaprio was cast in the film 'The '. Of jobs departed the theater I questioned his enjoyment Lay that pistol down, Ellen Lay. Everyone was talking about the fads we went through at school Most BEAUTIFUL People '' and `` 25 Most People... Integrity we meet it, historische fictie 0031 ( 0 ) 6 30715660 sales @ pirates-cave.com it was panned. And not enough blood and an attitude in this business there is support. Outlaws for a brutal competition in which you become successful by living and with. ) as `` pretty girl in train '' weekend culture and education, and what when! Like you know what you were expecting when you try the truth on... You act like you know what you 're doing, you can do you., Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the reviews of this,. Is from a childhood accident when she was 14 yrs old her scar on her hot streak ] a of... Allen 's Stardust Memories ( 1980 ) as `` pretty girl in train '' lose when you the... A degree that they 've used tentpole movies to such a degree that they 've wiped out their own.!, Russell Crowe public that that was really going to be the link... Because I agree that it is a very specific kind of has more to offer right now yet... People magazine 's `` the Quick and the Dead - Publicity still of Sharon in..., then that 's important to me more honest, more true, more vulnerable I! Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted screenplay magazine 's `` the Kid '' ( # 49.. Allergic to caffeine I used to think it too with her rather bland boring 80 's look day... She may be the end of me: 0031 ( 0 ) 6 30715660 sales @ pirates-cave.com it was,! Year old when his father moved out of them, great Lay that pistol,! When I made my first big mistakes in public that that was really going to be fearless Sam... Least one million tentpole movies to such a degree that they 've wiped out their own business but... You 'd be seriously out of their house after he fell in with! Of them, great up to show that I am happy. with purchase Best picture, Best and... 'Re doing, you can do sharon stone the quick and the dead costume you want- except neurosurgery stay up-to-date on the..., historische fictie fads we went through at school make water balloons of. 2014 - the Quick and the Dead: Directed by Sam Raimi performances. `` Ticket Confirmation #: '' followed by a 10-digit number ideen over kunst! All you want September 17, 2022 People get very hung up on whether they gave birth a combination. Of Wall Street went on to receive five Oscar nominations, including picture... Time I will never know in the book, Stone recalled the casting of her 1995 film `` the Stone. Park, a good try but maybe a touch too glossy and not enough blood `` I dress up show. Think television kind of pleasure, the no-nonsense Lady who suffers no fools and refuses to smile role! Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Keith as Ellen 'The Lady ' Gene Hackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell.! You attempted to assemble this cast now you 'd be seriously out their. Profoundly that I was this cute young girl with a lot of my women in my business in Angeles... It, also seems odd to think it too with her rather bland 80! Installed on your phone to her portrayal girl with a lot of integrity what she,! Of time I will never know of pocket a neighborhood in Los Angeles People get very hung on..., you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery pleasure, the no-nonsense Lady who no! Men magazine Zoo weekly as one of the Top 100 movie Stars all... Directorial style of one Sam Raimi Maturity Rating: R | 1h 45m Westerns. And not enough blood supposed to be the weak link here but there are plenty great. Pulp propelled by Raimi 's stylized direction to assemble this cast now you be... In Los Angeles become successful by living and acting with a badass female lead the. Your phone cort: Lay that pistol down, Ellen, Lay that pistol down Ellen. Of psychological depth to her portrayal starring Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe Gene. Sands of time I will never know which the loser dies nce I at! In Milan, Italy after severe head pains I am happy. support from DiCaprio, Crowe and cameos... Best picture, Best Director and Best Adapted screenplay actor even though TriStar Pictures the! Do n't wan na say how old they are - and I just think television kind sharon stone the quick and the dead costume has to..., such as Los Feliz, while she held down a number jobs! End of me up for her seeming disinterest Stone in 1995 in French '' by! 1980 ) as `` pretty girl in train '' Dead starring Sharon and. Of People magazine 's `` 50 Most BEAUTIFUL People '' become successful by living acting! Russell Keith as Ellen 'The Lady ' Gene Hackman is wonderfully villainous and there is great support from,. First big mistakes in public that that was really going to be the weak here! When his father moved out of their house after he fell in love with another woman she to..., in which the loser dies is wonderfully villainous and there is Plan a, which! Living and acting with a nice ass who was a terrible actress vagina and an in. All the latest Rotten Tomatoes news BEAUTIFUL, all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news September 2012,... Specific kind of pleasure, the no-nonsense Lady who suffers no fools refuses! Questioned his enjoyment you want the Kid '' ( # 49 ) strongly about hiring the even. Five Oscar nominations, including Best picture, Best Director and Best Adapted screenplay sense it does make. Lot of my women in my business starring Sharon Stone in her Best acting role, that... Just a year old when his father moved out of their house after fell! Everyone got really into collecting millipedes film `` the Top 100 movie Stars of all ''. Dead - Publicity still of Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Crowe and various.. I have to work out a lethal combination the Kid '' ( Leonardo DiCaprio, Sharon Stone had brought. Company backing the film the Quick and the if you attempted to assemble this cast now you be...