You need a valid eye test in order to apply for renewal. margin: 0 auto; You may only have to pay a fine. How long can your license be expired in Alberta? The GDL program ensures new drivers, regardless of age, get the support, skills and experience they need to handle the complex task of driving. If your licence expired more than six months ago, you will need to provide your expired licence (or other government issued photo ID if your licence is expired) plus proof of residency and legal entitlement to be and remain in Canada. The fee for the reclass is $28.00. How do I renew my Fujairah driving Licence? Can I work while on income support Alberta? To learn driving, you must first get a learners licence specific to the class of the vehicle you are learning to drive or ride. cursor: pointer; a Class 5 or Class 6 vehicle with someone over 18 who has a full Class 5 drivers licence, You cannot drive during the hours between 12:00am and 5:00am, You must have 0% alcohol levels when driving at all times, You cannot drive with more people than there are seat belts in your vehicle, You are allowed 8 demerit points before receiving a suspension of your licence. If it expired more than 3 years ago, you will need to pass the written and road tests before a new drivers licence will be issued. Home Alberta Can I renew my Alberta driver license after it expires? All fields are required unless otherwise indicated. In Alberta, one has to pass a basic road test after having a learner's permit for at least a year and at or over the age of 16, then can apply for a Class 5 GDL license, which carries some of the same restrictions, but no longer requires a fully licensed Class 5 non-GDL driver in the passenger seat. If it hasnt arrived in 21 days, call the number on the back of your temporary licence and youll be given instructions on what to do. A learner licence (also referred to as a Class 7 licence) is the first stage in becoming a driver in Alberta. !function(e,a,t){var n,r,o,i=a.createElement("canvas"),p=i.getContext&&i.getContext("2d");function s(e,t){var a=String.fromCharCode,e=(p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,e),0,0),i.toDataURL());return p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,t),0,0),e===i.toDataURL()}function c(e){var t=a.createElement("script");t.src=e,t.defer=t.type="text/javascript",a.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(t)}for(o=Array("flag","emoji"),t.supports={everything:!0,everythingExceptFlag:!0},r=0;r