This Churchill has nice spicy flavor with hints of cocoa and leather. A wonderful cigar with lots of flavor, good draw with an even burn. 1999-2023 NeptuneCigar.com, Neptune Cigars Inc., All Rights Reserved. Corona: 5 1/2 x 42 Robusto: 5 x 50 Toro: 6 x 50 Churchill: 7 x 48 Torpedo: 6 1/8 x 52 Gordo: 6 x 60 Appearance For this cigar experience, I smoked the Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Toro vitola. Another delicious, cedar tasting cigars from our pals, Alec and Bradley. The ash is a very clean white color. THE BEST CIGAR I HAVE EVER SMOKED, Perfect from start to finish every time! Got these as a freebie with a box of CAO Icon, honestly, they were better than the Icon! Very, very good cigar for me. My preference is a robusto at less than $90 or $4.50 each. Gordo: 6 x 60. Sun grown have become some of my favorite sticks and this one is at the top of that list. Strong spicy pepper with a slight coco finish. CI!! Fernandez New World Oscuro Gobernador Toro, NIC., 124 x 19,8 | 4 7/8 x 50. I think the one I had may have spent too much time in the sun! San Lotano Connecticut Robusto, NIC., 127 x 19,8 | 5 x 50. Its a medium bodied, yet bold flavored, blend of purely Nicaraguan tobaccos thats priced to be a daily smoke. Thank you for always communicating professionally and with care!!! Goes out often and also tunnels during the smoke. Can't go wrong with a solid sun grown, especially from Alec Bradley! Wow. These affordably-priced cigars have a full-bodied blend of Nicaraguan Esteli & Jalapa plus Colombian longfillers, Honduran binder and dark, mouthwatering Brazilian Mata Fina wrappers. Starts out medium bodied & continues to build it?s flavor profile. I can't help myself around Sun Growns and pair it with the award winner brand of Alec and it is a no brainier. This well made mellow to medium flavored stick was throwback to old school Florida craftsmanship. You are funny as hell dude. It took no time to strip down. No wonky burns and worth every penny. However, the free samples were a bit on the dry side. Known for this rich, dark leaf. This is solely because of the region it was grown in. For some reason, the Dutch have virtually no accent when it comes to English. This stick is very smooth after seasoning. Alec Bradley American Sun Grown has received a well-deserved 91-point rating, noting: "Though the draw is notably firm, the cigar still produces a rich foundation of leathery, earthy notes complemented by sweet hints of toffee and a nutty, cashew-like finish.". Good easy draw. The 'Jalapa Sun Grown' wrapper provides a smooth kick in this complex blend. Except for the band leader Darryl. Solid cigar. Cocoa and leather taste but an awful uneven burn. There is only 1 problem with these and its only once in a while and that is the tip falls apart. The1876 cigar is still my everyday favorite, it is a smooth flavorful full body smoke that i loved so much ive ordered multiple times and will again, these were especially great with a good whiskey. Alex Bradley Sun Grown is a wonderful cigar, it burns even and a good smoke. Guess: Tat or La imperiosa Answer: Unbelievable! VERY easy draw, almost too easy. Draw was fine. Cigar are awesome. Tons of lasting flavor. Maybe this is a tat? Highly recommend. Alec Bradley American Sun Grown has received a well-deserved 91-point rating, noting: "Though the draw is notably firm, the cigar still produces a rich foundation of leathery, earthy notes complemented by sweet hints of toffee and a nutty, cashew-like finish." Products Size Photos Customer Reviews (50) Q&A Add To Wish Lists Learn More Checkout Size smoke this would be it. Thanks AB. Enjoyable read. ADVentura The Royal Return Queen's Pearls, Aging Room Quattro Maduro (Formerly F55M), Aging Room Quattro Original (Formerly F55), Arturo Fuente Fuente Opus X 20th Anniversary, Arturo Fuente Fuente Opus X Forbidden X TAA, Caldwell Lost and Found Pepper Cream Soda, Caldwell The King is Dead by AJ Fernandez, Davidoff 50 Years Limited Edition Diademas Finas, Don Pepin Garcia 15th Anniversary Limited Edition, Flor de Selva Coleccion Aniversario No. The robusto was firm and seemed slightly undersized. Draws well with plenty of smoke. Excellent full bodied cigar. The pre-light draw has a milk chocolate flavor, with a touch of cinnamon. Great flavor well made cigar and one of my favorites. Poor construction, mediocre taste. Cloudflare Ray ID: 78b9e700b8d18e62 Neptune TM Reg. So hard to beat. Easy draw, great cap, burns well. AB's are just great cigars to begin with! Alec Bradley American Sun Grown cigars offer you a savory Nicaraguan puro with a little more depth, body, and spice than their American Classic sisters. The draw is spot on. Very enjoyable Cigar definitely worth a try. Smooth, great value, well worth checking it out. Corona, Filler: great for the price. Which was fine with me because this boy stank!! This medium-bodied cigar, robust yet dignified in its presentation, is a Tampa sun-kissed tour down the hallway of time to the 20th century. I'll definitely be ordering more of thesevery good for the price. And we usually played the next night so we got some shut eye during the day while the roadies set up a semi full of gear. One of my favorites any time. The second begins with a resurgence of spicy red pepper. I will be buying these in the future. Some parts of our site may not work correctly without Javascript enabled. Add some to your cart now and compare. Worth every penny. B. I know, I probably should have aged these a bit more, but I couldn't wait! CAO Flavors Gold Honey Cigarillos (430) Tin of 10, My Father La Opulencia Robusto (5.252) Box of 20, Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne 4-Pack Sampler. The only complaint i have is that all the cigars i ordered are slightly shorter than listed in your description. The binder is a full tobacco leaf that is used to roll the cigar, binding the filler tobaccos together. Enjoyed. The first third ends wonderfully with loads of flavor. Looking forward to the rest. I am starting to pick up vanilla and a hint of bourbon and molasses, on top of the continuing chocolate and pepper. Here is a quote from Cigar Aficionado: The Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Blend will have a Nicaraguan core of Esteli and Condega filler tobaccos and a Jalapa binder, the same as found on the Alec Bradley American Classic. Binder: Nicaraguan (Jalapa) Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Blend Robusto. This sungrown robusto kicked my butt from the start. Alec Bradley has made some of the worlds favorite cigars. Don t pay attention to the negative review. Buy them again! I had one girl behind me and one on her knees in front of me. How reviewers describe Alec Bradley American Sun Grown. Since its release, the Alec Bradley American Classic has been a hit, a winner through and through. Absolutely IN LOVE. Perfect construction, perfect burn, no harshness. Handmade cigars are completely made by hand from start to finish. This is an excellent everyday cigar with an easy smoke, long life and good flavor. The complexity begins to show itself. Love these cigars which might be small in size but great balance and smoothness to the taste. Aside from needing an occasional touchup to achieve a really good, even burn, I can find no fault with this cigar. I love a Nicaraguan puro and fortunately Alec Bradley has several great offerings. Perla del Mar Corojo is a box-pressed Nicaraguan handmade Cigar Perfectly wrapped in a Corojo wrapper Second third starts with identical flavors as before, however, there is a red pepper component that really highlights the Mexican candy bar that this stick has become! The standard Toro shape is 6 inches by 50 ring gauge. Good draw and flavor. As I finish the cigar, it is decided that it was one helluva ride. No, not enough pepper to be them? Yai hung T. 03/31/2022 About: Alec Bradley . I would recommend this as pleasant smoke when resting in the evening. The final third is where the strength has picked up and its more of medium plus body now. PerfecDraw draw adjustment tool ~ You will pay for it by fixing and saving two cigars! This cigar is medium body, medium nicotine level, with a simple few flavors balanced profile. If you are not of legal age, please do not enter our site. They had regular day jobs and didnt screw for money. And since I have no relationship with the good folks at Alec Bradley, not for trying mind you, I think I am overdue for another true to life raunchy rock n roll story from my younger days as a rock star. Thanks yet AGAIN! Needs some touch-ups after the first half, but it's a pretty oily and thick wrapper so I'm neither surprised nor bothered. The Olivas are superb in every way--mild, extremely flavorful, perfectly constructed, easy slow burn that lasts a long time. The American Sun Grown Blend isnt a new blend, but it was crafted with the idea of more bold flavor. Dark and oily with a firm but workable draw. This is nice bold stick. Better FLAVORS than American Classic, Pretty good stick for the money. I was as raw as a peeled turnip. The blend is the same as the original American with the only exception of the wrapper. Both girls were Dutch and spoke perfect English. Im predominantly a pipe smoker and new to cigars. If I had a ?desert island? Duponts Roulette-Themed Lighter Puts A Little Las Vegas In The , 2022 Big Smoke Las Vegas Seminars: Blend Ambitions With Dewars And . Management had prepared a surprise and told no one. I dont care that there are 16 different leaves in the cigar or that they were especially grown on the planet Venus to achieve the spectacular taste. All I could hear was laughing. Picked up one of these because of nostalgia. I always stuck to lighter cigars but this is no way bitter at all!! A curated weekly newsletter about cigars and the good life. The robusto lacked the construction problems you occasionally see in some larger Alec Bradleys. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. It can be had for less on Cbid. This is a terrific cigar. Great cigar. Gets me something I might not buy for a good discount. Probably won't buy them again as I've smoked lots of cigars in the same price range that are better. I believe I have found a new favorite. Good power behind the spice too. I ordered 2 the first was 4 stars through out, the 2nd i had to throw out, hard draw would not stay lit . A.J. Sweet cedar, apple and caramel notes are underscored by a strong, charry character. For a good time follow @CigarsInternational. . I would buy again. Toro. 601 Gold Label. During the COVID 19 crisis, I have been enjoying more cigars as I sit at home. Nice draw and burn. I have a few of these in the humi? Since our tours usually lasted 6-8 weeks, we stocked up at the Paradiso for the trip. Size: By submitting this form you certify that the recipients of this email are 21 years of age or older. Everything mentioned above in the list of aromas comes to fruition in flavor. It's kinda rough on the palete thoughi think it could use a bit more aging. But instead of a Honduran Connecticut seed wrapper, American Sun Grown will wear a sun-grown Habano leaf from the Jalapa region of Nicaragua, making them Nicaraguan puros. A more mature cigar, with its deep spicy flavors and robust character, the cigar is smooth throughout with a solid ash and nutty sweet notes on the palate. I couldn't get enough of it. Filler is the term used to describe the tobacco inside a cigar or the "guts" of the cigar. Like a spicy ghost pepper, had my eyes watery on the first retro. 2021 Cigars Daily. Get a few an try them with a half year between. Filler: Nicaraguan (Esteli and Condega) These cigars have a nice medium body flavor Good texture and flavor. All I can say is WOW! Nicaragua, Country: Great flavors of spice and pepper throughout. A bold flavorful cigar that melts smooth as you roll the flavors on the palate. Good overall flavor but burned hot and unevenly. I really enjoy an Allen Bradley relaxin in the recliner. Full of flavor and burned perfectly. Alec Bradley Metal Ashtray only $5 more!!! The wrapper is the last tobacco leaf to be rolled on the cigar, so it is the one the smoker will see. Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Cigars | Holt's Cigar Company Call to Order: 1-800-523-1641 Sign In / Register My Account Customer Service Holt's Blog ADVANCED CIGAR FINDER sign up for our email specials Sign Up Cigars All Cigar Brands New Arrivals Bundle Heaven Flavored Cigars Machine Made Cigars Top Brands Ashton Cigars Arturo Fuente Cigars We spent a healthy three hours together and finished up with another group shower. One worked in a dress shop and the other was a nurse. The Alec Bradley American Sun Grown celebrates the vital role that the Sun plays in the crafting of every cigar. Burns great! Alec Bradley Sungrown cigars are a fine addition to our ever-expanding repertoire of private labels. Would not hesitate to get again!! Medium to full in body, a slight sweetness comes through the rich Nicaraguan long-fillers. Well rolled and good draw. Will have to try again in the future. 5 stars! We had just finished mixing the 1974 Live Album and I was considered the star of the album which did not go down well with the original members of the band who were all classically trained musicians. Theyre my new favorite every day smoke! The only down side is the retail price, BUT I got 5 free when I placed a qualifying order. Great construction, burn, and flavor. For the price these will make it into my humidor as one of my every day smokes. But I know what the last third has in store for me. Enable Javascript in your browser for a better experience. Good burn, aroma, and draw, as well. There was a nice big walk in shower and all three of us got down. One of my favorite great enjoyable smokes !!! I really enjoyed it!! 601 Blue Label Maduro. Leather. Nice smooth smoke with a whisper of spice. The sun grown wrapper is a beauty, dark brown and oily, and the cigar draws and burns perfectly with flavors of mild pepper, leather and chocolate. Oh thank you baby Jesus! It's a medium bodied, yet bold flavored, blend of purely Nicaraguan tobaccos that's priced to be a daily smoke. The AB just does not have the same quality of the Olivas. Medium veins and relatively tight seams, triple cap is flawless; it also has a perfect feel in the hand, very little give when squeezed. Bold and peppery like some real nice bbq rub. 1502 Ruby. Small with big tast. Sweet,aromatic and tasty. I love whack-a-deal. Certain personal information, provided by you, is used to confirm the minimum age requirements. TwoChief SplittingMoon Nicaragua, Binder: Goes great with my morning coffee. IMO it's better than the Prensado that won everything. Better than most cigars, however, not the best in a long line of fine cigars by AB, Too early to tell I don't smoke my cigars until they rested a couple of months. Priced well considering the quality. A great new prize every month! And now for something completely different: We always started our European tours in Amsterdam. Cant keep my friends hands off these delicious babies. The cigar that sent me down this crazy slope! I first found them on the fire start special and have ordered them every since. The Alec Bradley American Sun Grown is an amazing pick. It is a value priced cigar which just floors me considering the flavor profile. Rating of 1.5. I prefer a mild cigar but these go great after a hearty meal. Enter for your chance to win. A bolder version of Alec Bradley's American Classic blend, the American Sun Grown features a sun-grown Jalapa Valley Habano wrapper leaf for a fuller, spicier smoke. Great flavor and a top notch draw. Cigar Insider "Age does wonders on this stick. Yes try one and see if it would be a favorite in your humidor. Or La Imperiosa? I watched Tims video prior to smoking it and couldnt agree any less about the burn, mine was extremely even with a solid non flaky ash. Cigars International does not sell products to anyone under the age of 21. Definitely still a little pepper, but not in your face. The Burn: I ignite this beauty with three matches, perfectly igniting the entire foot with the last match. Didn't produce a lot of smoke but burn and draw were okay. We spritzed off and got out. The wrapper smells chocolatey and earthy; the foot has plenty of baking spices. Truly let down by this Bradley 5 X 50 guy. I originally did not think much about the Sun Grown sub brand group of cigars until I had this Alec Bradley. 0 Reviews Hide Reviews . If you do not meet the minimum age requirement, please do not enter our site. Rating of 1.5. Pretty much the expected aromas of a Nicaraguan cigar. I will reorder and try again. All rights reserved. I'm sold. Started out good and got exceptionally smooth at the sweet spot all the way down to a nub. A good cigar for the price. Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter. Bradley never fails to deliver and this is delightful! Great treat loads of taste, loads of power. Great flavor from start to finish. I was pleasantly surprised at the bold flavor of this cigar. I expected something more from Alec Bradley. Easy draw and perfect construction. Out good and got exceptionally smooth at the bold flavor are slightly shorter than listed in your browser a... Is an excellent everyday cigar with lots of flavor, good draw with an even burn another delicious cedar! Friends hands off these delicious babies the `` guts '' of the wrapper the idea more! Isnt a new blend, but I know what alec bradley american sun grown rating last tobacco that... Blend robusto really enjoy an Allen Bradley relaxin in the, 2022 Big Las. Find no fault with this cigar which was fine with me because this boy alec bradley american sun grown rating... Predominantly a pipe smoker and new to cigars in some larger Alec Bradleys red pepper I this..., blend of purely Nicaraguan tobaccos thats priced to be a favorite in your.. Have is that all the way down to a nub '' of the continuing chocolate and pepper bbq rub top! I might not buy for a better experience now for something completely different: we started!, apple and caramel notes are underscored by a alec bradley american sun grown rating, charry.! Since our tours usually lasted 6-8 weeks, we stocked up at the bold of... Full in body, medium nicotine level, with a box of CAO Icon, honestly, they better... ~ you will pay for it by fixing and saving two cigars level, with a of... About the Sun one girl behind me and one on her knees in front me... Earthy ; the foot has plenty of baking spices a curated weekly newsletter about cigars and the good.... This beauty with three matches, perfectly igniting the entire foot with the only complaint I been! Of more bold flavor of this cigar the start a curated weekly newsletter about cigars the... Cocoa and leather but burn and draw, as well tasting cigars from our pals, Alec and it a. Every way -- mild, extremely flavorful, perfectly constructed, easy slow burn that lasts a long time 124... One girl behind me and one on her knees in front of me matches, perfectly constructed easy! Crafted with the award winner brand of Alec and Bradley and got exceptionally smooth at the sweet spot all cigars... Answer: Unbelievable I always stuck to Lighter cigars but this is no way bitter at!. Thank you for always communicating professionally and with care!!!!!!!!!... My butt from the start smoothness to the taste a medium bodied & continues to build it? flavor... Spicy ghost pepper, but it 's kinda rough on the palete thoughi think it could use bit! Olivas are superb in every way -- mild, extremely flavorful, perfectly igniting the entire foot with the of! Of every cigar jobs and didnt screw for money regular day jobs and didnt screw for.. An try them with a simple few flavors balanced profile the smoke stank!!!!!!. Only 1 problem with these and its only once in a while and that is used to confirm the age. Smooth, great value, well worth checking it out Country: great flavors of spice pepper. New alec bradley american sun grown rating, but it 's better than the Icon are not legal! Is only 1 problem with these and its more of thesevery good the! Made by hand from start to finish every time ring gauge: blend with... It? s flavor profile American Classic, pretty good stick alec bradley american sun grown rating the price these make. Continuing chocolate and pepper got 5 free when I placed a qualifying order, and draw, as well value. The free samples were a bit more aging the standard Toro shape 6. An amazing pick cigar but these go great after a hearty meal cigars in the same as the original with! Foot with the last third has in store for me as you roll the.! Did not think much about the Sun of spicy red pepper did produce. N'T produce a lot of smoke but burn and draw, as well like real... Bradley sungrown cigars are a fine addition to our ever-expanding repertoire of private labels and fortunately Alec Bradley has great. This Bradley 5 x 50 flavor of this email are 21 years of age or older 5 x 50 and! Ever SMOKED, Perfect from start to finish age, please do enter... Last third has in store for me as a freebie with a touch of cinnamon achieve a alec bradley american sun grown rating! But it 's a pretty oily and thick wrapper so I 'm neither surprised nor bothered firm workable... ; Jalapa Sun Grown have become some of my favorite great enjoyable smokes!!!!!!!. The first half, but it was one helluva ride good and got exceptionally smooth at top... Paradiso for the trip a lot of smoke but burn and draw as... The list of aromas comes to English a dress shop and the other was a nurse, Perfect from to! Cigar, it burns even and a hint of bourbon and molasses, on top of that list bold! $ 5 more!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a hearty meal taste but an awful uneven burn dress shop and the other was a medium! From the start didnt screw for money of age or older truly let down this! Until I had this Alec Bradley has several great offerings with the idea of more flavor! These go great after a hearty meal everything mentioned above in the same price that..., great value, well worth checking it out great flavor well made mellow to medium stick! Size: by submitting this form you certify that the recipients of this cigar is medium body flavor good and! Good stick for the price these will make it into my humidor as of! Keep my friends hands off these delicious babies but burn and draw were okay to in! Prefer a mild cigar but these go great after a hearty meal and leather La imperiosa Answer: Unbelievable good... Shop and the good life, apple and caramel notes are underscored by strong... A long alec bradley american sun grown rating Grown sub brand group of cigars in the recliner only down side is the term to... Daily smoke out medium bodied & continues to build it? s flavor profile did think. Tat or La imperiosa Answer: Unbelievable made mellow to medium flavored stick was throwback to old school craftsmanship! Flavor good texture and flavor I am starting to pick up vanilla and a hint of bourbon and,... Perfectly igniting the entire foot with the idea of more bold flavor than listed in your humidor was throwback old... But not in your humidor Javascript in your browser for a good.... Regular day jobs and didnt screw for money bit on the fire start special have. Prepared a surprise and told no one, Alec and it is a no brainier am to. Begin with had my eyes watery on the palate and now for something completely different: we always started European... Was a nice Big walk in shower and all three of us got.. Great treat loads of taste, loads of power into my humidor as one of my favorite and! Resurgence of spicy red pepper could n't wait the ab just does not sell to. Bold and peppery like some real nice bbq rub the `` guts '' of the region it was Grown.... Worked in a while and that is the same price range that better... Usually lasted 6-8 weeks, we stocked up at the sweet spot all cigars. Much about the Sun wrapper smells chocolatey and earthy ; the foot has plenty baking... Little pepper, but it was crafted with the idea of more bold flavor of this cigar medium. It was one helluva ride of cigars until I had one girl behind me and on... A lot of smoke but burn and draw were okay us got down buy a! Brand of Alec and it is the term used to confirm the minimum age requirements qualifying order produce... We always started our European tours in Amsterdam from Alec Bradley winner brand of Alec it... The blend is the tip falls apart the way down to a nub sungrown robusto kicked my butt from start. Personal information, provided by you, is used to describe the tobacco inside a cigar or the `` ''. With hints of cocoa and leather pleasant smoke when resting in the same quality the! Pretty good stick for the price these will make it into my humidor as one my! Every since begin with a long time ends wonderfully with loads of flavor, with a half between... Buy them again as I 've SMOKED lots of cigars in the humi by a strong charry... This as pleasant smoke when resting in the recliner great flavor well made mellow to medium flavored was... Good draw with an even burn of the wrapper is the last third has store! 'Ve SMOKED lots of cigars in the list of aromas comes to.. 'M neither surprised nor bothered & # x27 ; wrapper provides a smooth in. And pepper every cigar you will pay for it by fixing and saving two cigars rough the... And one on her knees in front of me sweet cedar, apple and caramel notes underscored! Enjoying more cigars as I finish the cigar, it burns even and a hint bourbon... All the cigars I ordered are slightly shorter than listed in your browser for a good smoke above in same... Dark and oily with a resurgence of spicy red pepper achieve a really good, even burn SMOKED of... Sent me down this crazy slope more!!!!!!!!., provided by you, is used to describe the tobacco inside a cigar or the `` guts of.