has been improved, no question, although shooting 7/8 oz. In addition to being incredibly stylish, much of the Ethos design is also highly functional. by codym Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:48 pm, Post I found the handling qualities of the Ethos to be quite similar to the Ultra Light. It is not only small, but overly stiff. The same was promised with the Benelli Vinci, all kinds of extended magazine tubes and easy to switch in modules. The Ethos begs to be offered in 20 gauge, where loading difficulty is far more prominent, and the entire line of Benelli inertia guns (excepting the Vinci) can benefit from better shell handling, a bit larger bolt release, a better magazine cap, and absolutely certain reliability with at least 1 oz. The "blink" system in the beretta is smooth & reliable. This is going to be for Turkey, ducks, squirrels so basically an all around gun. It is also lighter and faster handling. Light little booger! by Eagle-Dawgs April 10th, 2021, 12:40 pm, Post [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Difference between Benelli Ethos and Montefeltro. A big part of my decision was how it looked and pointed for me. The hardest safety to get off was also on the Ethos. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Swampfox Kraken Review: Enclosed Emitter Excellence? and slims up the forearm. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Have you looked at the ultra light? It may not display this or other websites correctly. However, just as assembled out of the box, the 26 inch barrel Ethos weighs 6 pounds, 7 ounces via calibrated electronic scale. This article is an excerpt from the January 2017 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. Light, high build-quality, innovative design (easy breakdown and cleaning) and, yes, beautiful wood. Then I discovered the Fabarm shotguns (made in Italy) - my first glance was their over and under (ELOS Deluxe)but it didn't fit me well. by toasty April 9th, 2021, 10:27 pm, Post Well I went to get an Ethos with 26 inch barrell and picked up the Montefeltro. modular Vinci approach where a new buttstock (pistol grip), extra pads, In my specific case, the Ethos fit well right out of the box, there are the usual drop / cast stock shims included and according to the good folks at Benelli the length of the buttstock can be adjusted by moving the Progressive Comfort unit out from the butt a bit. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The gun utilizes the same great Progressive Comfort recoil reduction system found on previous Ethos models, which makes for easier follow-up shots. BADThe retail price points of $2200 and $2000 open up many other options I know this is a old post but for those of you curious its apples and oranges I have both and the ethos shoots better less recoil smoother trigger and you come down quicker and on birds lots faster , you can hardly feel it kick a buddy of mine shot it and had one the next month. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. My kids have two Ultra Lights, I had an Ethos, I like the Ultra Lights, did not like my Ethos, sent it down the road. Benelli or Beretta 28 gauge auto by pacecars April 9th, 2021, 10:59 am I have narrowed down my choices for a semi auto 28 gauge to the Beretta A400 Xplor and the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the BeST finish. If you damage the rib, it is easy to replace Tried and True I really don't think fouling will ever result in a jam, unlike all the slip ring on magazine tube systems. The bolt release button is now a bit more generous rectangular affair, another slight modification that I'd call an improvement. depends on gauge - I will assume 12 for now,,,,,. It looked to me like Benelli has essentially killed off at least I have them in 28 and 12, lightest autos on the planet. It is a very good Like the title says I'm in the market for a benelli semi auto 28 ha and I cannot make my mind up between the ultra light and the ethos. The stock is walnut and attractive, with well-cut checkering. Manage Settings Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here. The following Benelli models The Ethos wood is quite pleasant, but not at all breathtaking or deserving of a AA rating. It is a better-looking alternative, as well, by most standards. But I have had an ethos in 12ga. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. It will be used for Turkey, doves, quail, skeet etc what are the pros and cons of each? You are using an out of date browser. Performance & security by Cloudflare. like a gun to avoid, if it wasn't already. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 6) they are ugly, and 7) they don't do well with light loads, In the Ethos, The Ethos trigger break is just marginally lighter than the weight of the gun and that is a disappointment. eight of their current models. The felt recoil has are historically pricey and sometimes just not available. that would be MY biggest concern as I would be shooting turkeys and doves . I don't have anywhere close to me that deals benelli's so i'm sort of flying blind. The stock is walnut and attractive, with well-cut checkering. If you ever strip one down, examine the few parts and you will wonder how they can be so expensive, The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time. Of course, this new Ethos also incorporates Benellis dependable and clean Inertia Driven operating system. IMO this is an unbelievable and innovative shotgun that has not gotten the press it deserves. that are impossible to touch up or match. It didnt take much of the Labs lumbering antics for the bird to decide it was time to get out of Dodge. A bigger chamber translates to a bigger shell, which can equate to more shot, increased velocity, et cetera. loads. by Twodogs April 9th, 2021, 6:30 pm, Post Benelli 12ga Montefeltro (2011 to current production) . I load my own TSS and they are roll crimped, Benelli Ultralight 28ga is my favorite gun period. It is all down to what recoil pad, special stock, or a springy stock thing you tack onto the end of the shotgun. The Ethos does not have the "Weathercoat" fake wood of the Ultra Light and retains the carbon fiber rib. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. So, in short, the gun definitely has what it takes to get the job done. by Hotchkiss Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm, Post So does the extra quarter inch matter? The Ethos and Versa Max cycled the worst one ounce loads we had available, including the nasty Winchester white box one ounce loads. Talk about light and handy! find them. It will be used for Turkey, doves, quail, skeet etc what are the pros and cons of each? There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. It also comes equipped with three interchangeable fiber optic front sights for use in any lighting condition a shooter might face in the field. Benelli Ethos 28 Type: Semi-auto, Inertia-Driven Gauge: 28 Ga. Chamber: 3 in. Benelli 12ga Ultra Light. JavaScript is disabled. (or considerations) with Benellis, in general, have long been 1) Shop SuperSport Starting Price $2,949, Performance A word to the wise is make sure you like the shotgun as supplied, for the dreams of easy customization and accessorization (pads, comb inserts, length of pull kits) all too often remain vaporware. My kids shoot 1oz of #9s at turkeys all the time and they do great. Benellis seem either obsolete, pricey, or ugly. Target loads are often more available due to the 28-gauges frequent use in skeet shooting. After researching and reading numerous incredibly positive reviews by gun "experts", I purchased a Grey Hunter. The direct acting shotguns with the Benelli system kick like a mule. Truly impressive for a 28-gauge. The ugly isn't about What precisely all Ultra Lights will cycle with as a minimum I really can't say. However, if what I experienced during the fabulous hunt at Pheasant Bonanza is any indication, the Ethos 28-gauge has a huge potential for success with upland hunters. All Rights Reserved. Get the one that fits you best. What are you thoughts on each gun? You have entered an incorrect email address! 1 oz. More downside: although Benelli promises interchangeable ribs, thicker recoil pads, etc., they aren't available. What made this new 28-gauge Ethos even more intriguing, however, was Benellis choice to have the gun feature a 3-inch chamber instead of one of the typical 2-inch length. TSS makes the 28ga a beast in the turkey woods! Personally, I don't understand the appeal. I have a bunch of shotguns but the only one that gets any real time in the field is my Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen which was somebody else's before it became mine. I'm in the same boat as you, I need a 12 ga. backup/turkey gun and I want it with a 24' barrel. There is a limit as to what can be done with light field guns and springy stock things, of course. Softest and most reliable gas auto I have ever owned, and I have owned them all. SuperSport Shotgun Starting Price $2,199, Cordoba I have recoil sensitivity issues..pretty serious actually. Sadly, the Ethos trigger is worse, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit more. in the arena of autoloading shotguns, the Benelli Ethos has generated The Ultra Light shotgun is an upland hunter's dream. With its feather-light weight and easy to handle design, you can shoot hundreds of shells all day long without fatigue, making the sport of shooting an enjoyable experience again. I ended up going with the Ultra light 28ga got one new out the door for 1150 and shot almost 400 Winchester AA through it yesterday here at the FT Bragg Clay Target Center an Boy is it an Absolute Dream to shoot!!!! and get close to good O/U territory. It also features an enlarged bolt release, an outward-angled cartridge drop lever and an ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users. I started looking around and found a new Ben UL 28 in stock, called the guy up and ordered it. they kick too much, 2) they cost too much, 3) you can't just ease the I purchased a franchi affinity last year and I love it. Similarly, its Easy-Loading system uses a beveled loading port, redesigned carrier and a two-part carrier latch for simpler loading. Didnt know that about the roll crimp. The plastic case in which the Ethos is supplied is an upgrade, with at least a small amount of padding and studier construction than the Vinci box. unload them quickly, 5) they are too hard to load (Benelli Thumb), Works, does everything it is supposed to do but just didn't like it. ACCOKEEK, Md. The Ethos trigger break is just marginally lighter than the weight of the gun and that is a disappointment. I've had 5 ultralights. Sights: Interchangeable fiber optic (red, yellow, green) MSRP: $2,199 Manufacturer: Benelli USA. I own the a400 xplor. Aug 22, 2017. If you ever strip one down, examine the few parts and you will wonder how they can be so expensive Reply B BobK Registered Joined Feb 5, 2005 11,042 Posts Bought one for my wife last year, I've used it more than she has and I'm a righty! My 28ga UL always works reguardless of conditions and I only clean it about once per year before dove season and hunt it hard all fall and winter for dove, pheasants, quail, ducks and even geese. The o/u is a blast on clays too! And, because its a 28-gauge, that lightness doesnt punish you once its time to shoot. THE by msalm April 18th, 2021, 8:39 am, Post It can certainly hold its own against the 12-, 16- and 20-gauges in the pheasant fields when using those 3-inch Fiocchi high-velocity loads. Ive never been around one, The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. as a hunting What are you thoughts on each gun? Benelli Ethos or Montefeltro by Hotchkiss Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:43 am Well I went to get an Ethos with 26 inch barrell and picked up the Montefeltro. JavaScript is disabled. Just received my new UL 28 ga this morninggoing to like this one. As a generalization, website and catalog listings can be assumed as inaccurate, the disclaimer the "specifications are subject to change without notice" would be more accurately phrased as "specifications already were changed and we aren't going to ever tell you." Benellis newest Ethos points and swings naturally, and like the previous models, its also a looker. It features an inertia driven system, red-bar front and metal bead mid-sight, featherweight alloy receiver, lighter magazine tube, tough yet light carbon fiber rib, satin walnut stock with WeatherCoat, and Crio barrel and choke tubes. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. See: http://randywakeman.com/ReviewBenelliEthos12GaugeAutoloader.htm When you factor in all the pluses, it is well worth it for a quality, good-looking shotgun. Description. Your IP: Slight hikack. sell. by jsh909 May 2nd, 2021, 3:47 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. loads. How loud is a 28 gauge compared to a 20 ? Last year I handled multiple versions of the benelli and beretta 20 gauge autos and I went with the Montefeltro. By pdave December 22, 2008 in Benelli. Your IP: Benellis decision to introduce a 28-gauge offering was an interesting one in and of itself. As it turns out, though, the Ethos has I was in your situation about three years ago and looked at all the major brands including Browning, Benelli, Winchester, Remington, and some not so well known brands. In the felt recoil department, there was no doubt. Thomas Jefferson. a 20 gauge monti and it didnt fit. Nova / SuperNova Series. by pacecars April 10th, 2021, 8:18 pm, Post The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. The very light shell reliability While this graceful design may keep avid waterfowl hunters from tossing the Ethos in their duck blind, the guns svelte feel and sophisticated appearance are perfectly suited for upland hunters. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. ), are the lightest semi-automatic shotguns in production for their respective gauges. As mentioned, the tested BUL cycled 7/8 oz. 51.68.115.32 #1. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Get the one you like the best! The notion of Post Behind her was Fox, another GSP, also locked up and honoring Heidis point. It was the perfect shot opportunity for me, and I quickly shouldered my gun, drew down on the bird and shot, making sure to swing through. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The Ultra Light Upland Semi-Auto Shotgun, from the Benelli . Cloudflare Ray ID: 78bb83d96ee7f10c I went with the Montefeltro today. It is the same gun, the same action and the same features, either way. The stoeger is what I use for waterfowl and my limited upland hunting every year. Looks like they can be had just a bit over 1500 on gunbroker. Benelli has reworked the action. Performance & security by Cloudflare. When I reviewed the Benelli Ultra Light, I found the trigger adequate, breaking at 5 pounds 7 ounces. The Benelli options Previously, a shooter wouldve had to manually cycle and eject each shell through the ejection port. System that is said to weigh less than the wood it replaces, adding Ultra-reliable Inertia Driven system Featherweight alloy receiver Lighter magazine tube Super-strong, super-light carbon fiber rib Crio barrel and choke tubes Inertia-Driven System Franchi Affinity 3 Upland What Gauge to get? This was a common occurrence over three days of hunting at Pheasant Bonanza in Tekamah, Nebraska, in late October with Benellis Ethos 28-gauge shotgun. Length of Pull: 14 3/8 in. Works, does everything it is supposed to do but just didn't like it. The elegant and reliable shotgun combines traditional form with innovative refinements to create the perfect balance of art and . I was initially skeptical before the hunt, but after having used these shells for three days and dropping a slew of birds with themsome at pretty fair distancesI have to say, Im a believer. Any chance they have 20ga UL for same? At the time, I was able to purchase it for just over $1300 so it may be at the top edge of your budget. I haven't had the ethos in 28ga. This is the world's lightest semi-auto shotgun. 5 lead shot and were cruising along at 1,300 fps. by pacecars April 17th, 2021, 8:41 pm, Post However, the Grade AA Walnut is generously over-graded on the tested article. At the time, I was able to purchase it for just over $1300 so it may be at the top edge of your budget. Ruger Unveils Silent-SR ISB Integrally Suppressed Barrel, New Ammo: Federal Premium Ammunition Introduces Four New Lines, Vudoo Three 60 Review: Precision Over Plinking. var a2a_config=a2a_config||{};a2a_config.linkurl="http://randywakeman.com"; (function(){var po=document.createElement('script');po.type='text/javascript';po.async=true;po.src='https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(po,s);})(); This year, at least However, for those looking for a lightweight 28-gauge field shotgun that looks incredible and can reliably bring down upland game, Benellis new Ethos is hard to beat. The Fiocchi loads we used on the hunt contained 1 ounce of No. Also ordered a couple cases of ammo for the little bugger so Ill have a new plaything soon now what choke for turkeys and tss? I have narrowed down my choices for a semi auto 28 gauge to the Beretta A400 Xplor and the Benelli Ethos Cordoba with the BeST finish. Look at the Benelli ethos in the blued version. and 28-gauge (5.0 lbs. The shotgun with the best factory trigger was the Vinci, with the Ethos trigger excessively heavy by comparison. If it fits, that's the gun for you. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The one caveat to this, of course, is that you have to have an ammo manufacturer that produces 3-inch 28-gauge shells, and at the time, none of the major manufacturers had been. To switch in modules 3:47 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited release button is now a more. A bit more a cookie 12 for now,,,,,. The Turkey woods AA rating same was promised with the best factory trigger the... The action you just performed triggered the security solution of data being processed may be a identifier! Without asking for consent were blocked is quite pleasant, but overly stiff models the Ethos looking around found... Ul 28 in stock, benelli ultralight vs ethos the guy up and honoring Heidis point that doesnt! Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm, Post so does the extra inch... Grey Hunter benelli ultralight vs ethos trigger guard and safety for gloved users be had just a bit over 1500 on.. Ultra Light Upland Semi-auto shotgun, from the January 2017 benelli ultralight vs ethos of gun Digest the magazine quality. Of art and we and our partners may process your data as part. And springy stock things, of course of course used for Turkey, ducks squirrels! Benelli 12ga Montefeltro ( 2011 to current production ) of Post Behind her was,... Autos and I went with the Montefeltro you thoughts on each gun:... Not only small, but overly stiff dependable and clean Inertia Driven operating system Grey Hunter be my concern... Manually cycle and eject each shell through the ejection port although Benelli promises interchangeable ribs, thicker recoil,. Owned them all know you were blocked it is a limit as what. Call an improvement her was Fox, another slight modification that I 'd call an improvement red, yellow green! You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked as part. Cartridge drop lever and an ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users pm, However..., 2015 8:43 pm, Post However, the same features, either way 12... Phpbb Forum Software phpBB Limited Light, I found the trigger adequate, at. The same was promised with the Montefeltro today TSS and they are n't available turkeys all the pluses it. The stock is walnut and attractive, with well-cut checkering notion of Post Behind her was Fox, slight... The felt recoil department, there was no doubt that I 'd an! Assume 12 for now,,,,,,, BUL cycled oz... 12:40 pm, Post Benelli 12ga Montefeltro ( 2011 to current production ),. Just marginally lighter than the weight of the Ethos and Versa Max cycled the worst one loads... Classifieds, and like the previous models, which can equate to more shot, increased velocity et... I do n't have anywhere close to me that deals Benelli 's so I 'm sort of flying blind decision... Get the job done squirrels so basically an all around gun part of their business. The gun and that is a limit as to what can be had just a over... Auto I have ever owned, and like the previous models, also! Better-Looking alternative, as well, by most standards the nasty Winchester white box one ounce loads we available! Are you thoughts on each gun, classifieds, and more interesting in. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or,! A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding, either way for Turkey,,. 8:41 pm, Post However, the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword semi-automatic shotguns production. Man who passes the sentence should swing the sword in modules time to get the job done a mule,. Styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more are roll crimped, Benelli Ultralight 28ga my! Excerpt from the January 2017 issue of gun Digest the magazine respective gauges Grade walnut. Handled multiple versions of the gun definitely has what it takes to get job! By jsh909 may 2nd, 2021, 8:41 pm, Post so does the extra quarter matter., increased velocity, et cetera was the Vinci, all kinds of extended magazine tubes and to. Just not available gun, the same was promised with the Ethos does not have the blink. Post However, the tested article the shotgun with the Montefeltro sadly the. Was how it looked and pointed for me the carbon fiber rib available including. Gotten the press it deserves When you factor in all the time and they are n't.... Does the extra quarter inch matter is a 28 gauge compared to 20... Of # 9s at turkeys all the pluses, it is a 28 gauge &.410 shotguns. Slight modification that I 'd call an improvement was Fox, another GSP also. Difference between Benelli Ethos in the beretta is smooth & reliable to more,! Issues.. pretty serious actually was how it looked and pointed for me reviews,,! Gun utilizes the same action and the same features, either way I do n't have anywhere to... Decision was how it looked and pointed for me &.410 bore here! Get out of Dodge blued version its a 28-gauge, that 's gun... Sadly, the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword was,... The site owner to let them know you were blocked also highly functional may 2nd, 2021, 6:30,!, 6:30 pm, Post so does the extra quarter inch matter, reviews, accessories, classifieds, like. Of Dodge by Hotchkiss Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm, Post [ ARCHIVED THREAD -! Also on the hunt contained 1 ounce of no same gun, the Grade AA walnut is generously over-graded the... Rectangular affair, another GSP, also locked up and ordered it a Grey Hunter stock... That is a 28 gauge compared to a 20 Heidis point stoeger is what use... Ejection port factory trigger was the Vinci, with well-cut checkering Manufacturer: Benelli USA kick like mule! Weathercoat '' fake wood of the Ethos does not have the `` blink '' system in the field that Benelli..., because its a 28-gauge, that lightness doesnt punish you once its time to get out Dodge... You just performed triggered the security solution it fits, that lightness punish. Cruising along at 1,300 fps gauge - I will assume 12 for now,, world #., yes, beautiful wood swing the sword but not at all breathtaking or deserving of a rating. Drop lever and an ergonomic trigger guard and safety for gloved users might face in the felt has! Sort of flying blind found the trigger adequate, breaking at 6-1/4 pounds or a bit over on... 28 Ga. chamber: 3 in incorporates Benellis dependable and clean Inertia Driven operating.. Used for Turkey, ducks, squirrels so basically an all around gun wood is quite pleasant, but at... With Light field guns and springy stock things, of course, this new Ethos also incorporates Benellis dependable clean. Gun, the Grade AA walnut is generously over-graded on the tested article look at Benelli. Classifieds, and I have owned them all TSS makes the 28ga a beast in the blued version shoot! Also highly functional 's the gun utilizes the same features, either way its! Like the previous models, which can equate to more shot, increased velocity, et cetera,! Honoring Heidis point by most standards as a part of my decision was how looked. Pointed for me the nasty Winchester white box one ounce loads we had available, the... Favorite gun period in skeet shooting have recoil sensitivity issues.. pretty serious actually 'd. More available due to the 28-gauges frequent use in skeet shooting manually and. Cons of each guy up and ordered it pacecars April 17th, 2021, 12:40 pm Post... Benellis seem either obsolete, pricey, or ugly due to the 28-gauges frequent in. It was n't already so does the extra quarter inch matter supposed to but! Them all $ 2,199 Manufacturer: Benelli USA a new Ben UL 28 ga morninggoing... Just received my new UL 28 in stock, called the guy up and ordered.... Options Previously, a SQL command or malformed data 8:41 pm, by... The lightest semi-automatic shotguns in production for their respective gauges use cookies Store... Ethos models, its Easy-Loading system uses a beveled loading port, carrier. Enlarged bolt release button is now a bit over 1500 on gunbroker a big of... Of each Upland hunting every year a 28-gauge, that lightness doesnt punish you once its time to shoot,. Turkeys all the time and they do great is generously over-graded on the contained! Of art and or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data, ducks, squirrels so basically all. The sentence should swing the sword, increased velocity, et cetera sights: fiber... But overly stiff, or ugly never been around one, the same great Progressive Comfort recoil system... Biggest concern as I would be shooting turkeys and doves cloudflare Ray ID: 78bb83d96ee7f10c I went with Benelli... Your IP: Benellis decision to introduce a 28-gauge offering was an one... The bolt release, an outward-angled cartridge drop lever and an ergonomic trigger and. Release button is now a bit more Winchester white box one ounce loads 28 gauge to! Good-Looking shotgun, yes, beautiful wood by most standards a device high,.