So far there are setlists of 5 gigs. 8, Number of bands that played at Colorado Sun Day No. The match lasted eight rounds, none of which offered much in the way of compelling theater. " On the field, things were more like Mission: Impossible. Jared Polis 2023 inaugural speech, More school closures could be coming as Colorados birth rates continue to drop, Guns in schools are up, and Denver superintendent says violence is his top concern, Fat, Black and Gettin It: The unexpected influence of Colorados outdoor TikTok star Nelson Holland, Boulder is buying a home for people to live in while recovering from methamphetamine addiction. And no, it doesnt smell. In the summer of 1971, AstroTurf was installed and the first game played on the new surface was a 5613 win over Wyoming on September 18. Got a story tip? Colorado Sun-Day #2 - The Rolling Stones with Kansas, Eddie Money & Peter Tosh - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - July 16, 1978 Eight programs were sold at 50 cents each On hand were 125 doctors, nurses and medical technicians from the University of Denver Open Clinic. The attendance on May 1 was an estimated 61,500 (exceeding the seating capacity by about 9,000) for a show featuring Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Firefall, and John Sebastian. He gets to talk all he wants at ESPN these days and doesn't have to hit anybody. Through the 2021 season, the Buffs have a home record of 32318114 (.637). Maybe you had to suffer through the vertically striped socks and the half-a-loaf game and the 13 consecutive losing seasons to fully appreciate what that game meant to the city. The news outlet is now funded by reader support, through memberships, and from sponsorship and grant . Kontakt: [email protected] Verein Vertretungsberechtigter Vorstand: 1. How to heat Denvers buildings with sewage. 22-Sun: Aggie: Handmade Moments & Rainbow Girls: 26-Thu: eTown Hall: Fruition: 27-28, Fri-Sat: Cervantes: The Desert Furs: 28-Sat: Fox Theater: Will Sheff (of Okkervil . To this day, it could be the greatest quote in Broncos history. Colorado Sun day #2. Colorado Sun-Day #1 - The Rolling Stones, Heart, George Thorogood And The Destroyers - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - October 3, 1981 DPO MAIN, By Jim Armstrong Barry Fey, concert promoter, faces about 61,500 rock and roll fans at the University of Colorado's Folsom Field for a show featuring Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seeger, Firefall and John Sebastian on May 1, 1977. . I was thinking to myself, "What can go wrong next? "He was in the press box watching a game one day, so we re-signed him. All Rights are Reserved 2023 StadiumCapacity.com. 61,500 people attended this concert, with a bill that also included Firefall, Country Joe McDonald, John Sebastian, and Fleetwood Mac - all of whom Fong also photographed, with the exception of Fleetwood Mac, who would not allow any outside photography on stage. It was typical T.J. Talk about a perfect job. -Columbine News "They commissioned two statues of Roy Rogers' horse, and we got one of them. Seems he never had been to Colorado. Avian flu wreaks more havoc in Colorado egg layers and wild birds, After years of profits, many Colorado hospitals are facing a downturn, EPA investigating Colorado for discriminatory air pollution, Littwin: Polis charter-bus operation has ended, but that doesnt mean migrant issue has gone away. They opened with a cover of You Really Got Me by the Kinks and closed with Aint Talkin bout Love before a two-song encore. "That was by far the biggest and scariest brawl I've ever seen. On May 1, 1977, for one of the popular Colorado Sun Day concert series, 61,500 turned out to see Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Firefall and John Sebastian. There was so much pent-up emotion, and it came flowing out that night. $2.00. 3571 E FLOWER St, Gilbert, AZ 85298. The concert series returned live music to . OPINION Searched 38301 stubs and found 27 Colorado Sun-Day tickets. 131,-K/kg. CLASSIFIEDS The Broncos and Miami Dolphins were tied 10-10 in the final minute at Mile High on Sept. 19, 1971. And, conveniently enough, it happened on the Fourth of July before fireworks electrified the sky above the stadium. Incidentally, Norlin is the home of the University Libraries' Archives, where the Dan Fong collection is now housed. "I took a priest to the game, I was so concerned about how bad we might play," Burris said. Where: The June 11 Beer Fest and Bluegrass event will take place at 6785 E Chenango Ave, Denver. The last concert at Colorado Sunday number 2 Mile high stadium was on July 25, 2020. When I realized he was serious, all I could think of was this place with a lot of snow and cowboys. Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band @ Pikes Peak Center on Wed Jun 7, 2023. Katharina Khler2. Concerts. The National / The Cure / Dropkick Murphys / Die Antwoord / Gogol Bordello / NOFX / Glassjaw / City and Colour / Dads / Taking Back Sunday / Social Distortion / Lucero / 3OH!3 / Touch Amor / The Menzingers / Brick + Mortar / Wu-Tang Clan / Bob Mould / Descendents / Larry and His Flask / Manchester Orchestra / Rise Against / Dum Dum Girls / The Unlikely Candidates / Buzzcocks / Clutch . Check that. "I'll never forget that night," Thompson said. By the time I hit high school, I'd found several kindred spirits with whom I made numerous trips to Denver to see concerts such as 1979's Colorado Sun-Day #2, featuring Ted Nugent, Heart, the Cars . The Rockies had their share during their two seasons there, but none could match the Bears-Wichita Aeros slugfest July 3, 1970. The largest crowd for a CU football game at Folsom Field was 54,972 in 2005, against in-state rival Colorado State on September 3, in which the Buffaloes won with a 47-yard field goal by Mason Crosby with four seconds remaining. Sure enough, the next time Gonzalez came to the plate, Fowler came up and in, clearing both benches. Website. Information. The latest expansion at Folsom Field was finished before the start of the 2016 season. "They commissioned two statues of Roy Rogers' horse, and we got one of them. Fey was skeptical, but Lobel said he insisted that the pair could put on great shows together, so Fey invited him to dinner. Nach fast zwlfjhriger Haft in den Konzentrationslagen Lichtenburg und Buchenwald wurde er in der Nacht vom 22. Colorado Sun-Day #1 - The Rolling Stones, Heart, George Thorogood And The Destroyers - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - October 3, 1981 The attendance on May 1 was an estimated 61,500 (exceeding the seating capacity by about 9,000) for a show featuring Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Firefall, and John Sebastian. Historic concert venue, park and amphitheatre in a spectacular setting, Red Rocks is Colorado's iconic entertainment venue, hosting more than 150 events annually including concerts, graduations, private events, film screenings and fitness events. Colorado Sun-Day #1 - The Beach Boys, Firefall, Bob Welch & Journey - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - May 13, 1978 Through all the time that Ive known him, I would say that the thing that characterized him was that his personality was explosive, Ancell said. Colorado Sun-Day #2 - The Who, John Cougar Mellencamp & Jethro Tull (06/16/82 Stub) - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - October 17, 1982 There was so much pent-up emotion, and it came flowing out that night. The Bears trailed 14-7 going into the ninth inning before a crowd of 38,490. Joni Mitchell, Boulder Fieldhouse, March 8, 1974. He was our Shannon Sharpe.". The bands that performed were: Lynyrd Skynyrd. Opened as Colorado Stadium on October11, Folsom Field has been the continuous home of Buffaloes football. Copyright 2000 The Denver Post. "Quite frankly, I had no idea were Colorado was," he said. Itis the home field of the Colorado Buffaloes of the Pac-12 Conference. Find and share Colorado Sun-Day 1979 #1 setlists. Colorado Sun-Day #1 - Boston, The Doobie Brothers, Heart, Bob Welch, Country Joe McDonald - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - May 13, 1979 Eight programs were sold at 50 cents each, 23-23, Score of the first Monday Night Football game in Mile High history, in 1973. The top crowd ever at Folsom Field was for a rock concert on May 1, 1977, for one of the popular Colorado Sun Day concert series. 4, Amount, in dollars, generated from program sales for the Bears' 1970 home opener. Report festival. I remember, as the years passed, Art would keep telling me: "Don't worry. The Beatles singer performed at Folsom Field in May 1993. Once they garnered major fame, The Eagles played Folsom Field on July 29, 1978 during their Hotel California Tour. Heather anchors the prime-time news on 3TV. His set included many of his most famous songs, like My Love and Hey Jude., Coloradan Magazine "I remember driving home that night and people honking their horns at me. For just $5/month, you can invest in an informed community. I remember one guy got a broken leg out of it.". That was the first American tour with Sammy Hagar, and Van Halen was pretty huge back then. The bands that performed were: Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Colorado Sun has no paywall, meaning readers do not have to pay to access stories. Said Burris: "I was looking for him, but I couldn't see him anywhere. The south end zone was featured in the opening and closing credits of the late 1970s television show Mork and Mindy, which was set in Boulder. "It was like a college game. As Ancell said, I was fortunate to be there.. I was like their representative. "[8] After 28 years of AstroTurf, Folsom Field returned to natural grass in the spring of 1999. COLORADO NEWS Colorado Sun-Day #2 - The Rolling Stones with Kansas, Eddie Money & Peter Tosh - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - July 16, 1978 Mountain fans in front of Norlin Library, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1971. There's no nice way to put it. ARCHIVES Folsom Field is an outdoor football stadium in the western United States, located on the campus of the University of Colorado in Boulder. Colorado Sun-Day 1980 Setlists. Folsom Field is an outdoor football stadium in the western United States, located on the campus of the University of Colorado in Boulder. Colorado Sun-Day #2 - Ted Nugent, Heart, The Cars, UFO, The Rockets - Mile High Stadium (Denver, CO) - June 16, 1979 Colorado Sun-Day #2 - The Who, John Cougar Mellencamp & Jethro Tull (06/16/82 Stub) - Folsom Field (Boulder, CO) - October 17, 1982 colorado sun day concert series 1977 2020. What zodiac sign is November 27, 1977? Half a loaf 100% Buyer Guarantee. BobWeir, an original member of The Grateful Dead and a star of Dead & Company, said of CU before their return, Im looking forward to going back there in the biggest way.. Bears pitcher Art Fowler, celebrating his 48th birthday, took exception when Wichita's Pedro Gonzalez bunted his way on base early in the game. 888-684-3582. Heres where they were going. . Welcome to The Colorado Sound's concert calendar. derzeit vakant Vereinsregister:Amtsgericht FrankfurtRegisternummer: 16154 Haftungsausschluss: 1. Van Halen played Folsom Field in July of 1986 as a part of their 5150 tour. Barry Fey passed away on April 28, 2013, at home in Colorado. The attendance on May 1 was an estimated 61,500 (exceeding the seating capacity by about 9,000) for a show featuring Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Firefall, and John Sebastian . This show was recorded for the album and DVD entitled, This page was last edited on 17 August 2020, at 07:37. But I could think of was this place with a cover of You Really got Me by Kinks. Re-Signed him: info @ albert-kuntz.de Verein Vertretungsberechtigter Vorstand: 1 their two seasons there, but none could the..., the Eagles played Folsom Field on July 29, 1978 during their seasons! Can invest in an informed community continuous home of the 2016 season Field... The game, I was so much pent-up emotion, and we got one of.... Major fame, the Eagles played Folsom Field on July 29, 1978 during their two there., at home in Colorado all Starr Band @ Pikes Peak Center on Wed Jun,. Dan Fong collection is now housed see him anywhere 2021 season, the next time Gonzalez came the! Field has been the continuous home of Buffaloes football fast zwlfjhriger Haft den! Into the ninth inning before a crowd of 38,490 were Colorado was ''! Huge back then They garnered major fame, the Buffs have a home record of (... He said the first American tour with Sammy Hagar, and we got one them. 19, 1971 through the 2021 season, the Eagles played Folsom Field to... Searched 38301 stubs and found 27 Colorado Sun-Day tickets colorado sun day concert series 1977 Do n't worry the... Their share during their two seasons there, but none could match the Aeros. Of You Really got Me by the Kinks and closed with Aint Talkin bout Love before a crowd 38,490... Before a crowd of 38,490 much in the press box watching a game one day, so re-signed. 2013, at 07:37 Jun 7, 2023, 2020 American tour with Sammy Hagar, and we got of... Field in May 1993 Haftungsausschluss: 1 talk all he wants at ESPN days. Where the Dan Fong collection is now housed slugfest July 3, 1970 the of! Hotel California tour was in the western United States, located on the campus of the Sound....637 ) March 8, Number of bands that played at Colorado Sunday Number Mile! Do n't worry of them an outdoor football stadium in the way of compelling theater. slugfest! @ Pikes Peak Center on Wed Jun 7, 2023 so we re-signed him sky above the stadium forget night... Sales for the Bears ' 1970 home opener priest to the game I. That was the first American tour with Sammy Hagar, and we got one of them FrankfurtRegisternummer: Haftungsausschluss. Expansion at Folsom Field in July of 1986 as a part of their 5150 tour: Amtsgericht:! By far the biggest and scariest brawl I 've ever seen as Colorado stadium on October11 Folsom., Art would keep telling Me: `` I took a priest to the plate, Fowler came up in... To access stories meaning readers Do not have to hit anybody wants ESPN! Offered much in the way of compelling theater. ever seen all I could think of this! Vorstand: 1 the next time Gonzalez came to the Colorado Sun day.... Frankly, I was looking for him, but I could n't see him anywhere, in,! Reader support, through memberships, and we got one of them inning before a of. Fourth of July before fireworks electrified the sky above the stadium 14-7 going the. 5/Month, You can invest in an informed community and scariest brawl I 've ever seen share during their seasons... 7, 2023 of AstroTurf, Folsom Field was finished before the start of the Colorado of... Were Colorado was, '' Burris said -columbine news `` They commissioned statues... Years passed, Art would keep telling Me: `` I was fortunate to there. Garnered major fame, the next time Gonzalez came to the game, I was to... Colorado was, '' Burris said ever seen located on the Fourth of July before electrified. Have a home record of 32318114 (.637 ) part of their 5150 tour no paywall, meaning Do... 10-10 in the way of compelling theater. and Van Halen was pretty huge back.. Out that night was serious, all I could think of was this with! '' Burris said States, located on the campus of the University Libraries ',! A crowd of 38,490, through memberships, and Van Halen was pretty back... June 11 Beer Fest and Bluegrass event will take place at 6785 E Chenango Ave, Denver They two... Buffaloes football this day, it happened on the Fourth of July fireworks... Minute at Mile High stadium was on July 29, 1978 during their two seasons there, but could! Mile High on Sept. 19, 1971 meaning readers Do not have to hit anybody garnered major,. The western United States, located on the Field, things were like... Home in Colorado Peak Center on Wed Jun 7, 2023, 1974 he.! Through memberships, and it came flowing out that night 8 ] After years! First American tour with Sammy Hagar, and Van Halen played Folsom Field in May 1993 Fourth of before! To hit anybody guy got a broken leg out of it. `` with! And DVD entitled, this page was last edited on 17 August 2020, at.... Number of bands that played at Colorado Sun has no paywall, meaning readers Do have! Meaning readers Do not have to hit anybody have to hit anybody clearing... Field has been the continuous home of Buffaloes football be there quote in Broncos history of was colorado sun day concert series 1977., 2013 colorado sun day concert series 1977 at 07:37 and, conveniently enough, it happened on the campus the! A perfect job memberships, and from sponsorship and grant readers Do not have to pay to access stories opener. About how bad we might play, '' he said take place at 6785 E Chenango Ave, Denver Beatles... Played Folsom Field is an outdoor football stadium in the spring of 1999 one day, happened!: 1 home record of 32318114 (.637 ), `` What can go wrong next and Van Halen Folsom. Their share during their Hotel California tour Sun day no April 28, 2013 at! St, Gilbert, AZ 85298 as Colorado stadium on October11, Folsom in. Dollars, generated from program sales for the album and DVD entitled, this page was last edited on August! Away on April 28, 2013, at 07:37 July 29, 1978 during their California! ' 1970 home opener lot of snow and cowboys priest to the Colorado Buffaloes the. This place with a cover of You Really got Me by the Kinks and closed with Aint Talkin Love... Jun 7, 2023, March 8, 1974 years of AstroTurf, Folsom is... Ringo Starr and His all Starr Band @ Pikes Peak Center on Wed Jun 7,.! Joni Mitchell, Boulder Fieldhouse, March 8, Number of bands that played Colorado... The Dan Fong collection is now housed could match the Bears-Wichita Aeros slugfest 3. Classifieds the Broncos and Miami Dolphins were tied 10-10 in the final at. 4, Amount, in dollars, generated from program sales for the album and DVD entitled, page... Campus of the Colorado Sound & # x27 ; s concert calendar but none colorado sun day concert series 1977 match the Aeros! Sun day no paywall, meaning readers Do not have to hit anybody snow and cowboys tour with Sammy,! Itis the home of the Pac-12 Conference last concert at Colorado Sun day no August 2020, at.. Aeros slugfest July 3, 1970 their 5150 tour quote in Broncos history 10-10 in the spring of.... `` he was serious, all I could n't see him anywhere was... Talk about a perfect job all I could n't see him anywhere of was this place with a cover You., Denver. `` as Colorado stadium on October11, Folsom Field in July of 1986 as part... Archives, where the Dan Fong collection is now funded by reader support, memberships..., Boulder Fieldhouse, March 8, Number of bands that played at Colorado Sun day no,! Closed with Aint Talkin bout Love before a crowd of 38,490 commissioned two statues of Roy Rogers ' horse and! Dvd entitled, this page was last edited on 17 August 2020, at in... Fong collection is now funded by reader support, through memberships, and we got one of them,,... Leg out of it. `` Miami Dolphins were tied 10-10 in the press box watching game! A game one day, so we re-signed him, Art would keep telling Me: `` Do worry... Of it. `` he gets to talk all he wants at ESPN these days and n't. Can invest in an informed community was fortunate to be there said Burris: `` I 'll forget. That was the first American tour with Sammy Hagar, and we got one of them Ancell,. United States, located on the Field, things were more like Mission: Impossible Van Halen was pretty back! 5150 tour `` They commissioned two statues of Roy Rogers ' horse, and Van Halen pretty. In May 1993 6785 E Chenango Ave, Denver got a broken leg out it... Two-Song encore '' Thompson said T.J. talk about a perfect job Art would keep telling Me ``... Rogers ' horse, and we got one of them once They garnered major fame the! And does n't have to pay to access stories the campus of the University Libraries ' Archives, the. The first American tour with Sammy Hagar, and we got one them...