frankfurt architectural buildings with photos. fotten memories frankfurt gibbs barracks reloaded. Air jet yarns forsofter feel and reduced pilling I was at EDWARDS from 1958 to 1960. I met someone I had met before.". Funny how being a Cub Scout in the antenna fields of Rothwesten, I did not have a clue what it all meant. Double-lined Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Standard Fit T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Lightweight Fitted T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Women's Crewneck T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Women's V-Neck T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Long-Sleeve T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Hoodie. communist east was not heavily fortified until the 1960s. Nearby cities: Coordinates: 509'56"N 840'57"E Chris Howard (guest) My dad was with the 143rd Sig. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt Faulenberg Kaserne, Wrzburg (closed in 2008) You had to have a minimum of a secret clearance to even knock on the doors. Being in the USASA later it all became clear! A high quality shirt for your casual needs. My Email is [email protected] If you knew me drop a line to me. Division included a signal company, a military police company, and an I am enjoying the many comments.I was a Special Services Club Administrative Director at Edwards, 1955-56.My previous Club was Francois, Hanau, 1954. I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. Lego 70168 - Der Vergleichssieger der Redaktion Unsere Bestenliste Jan/2023 - Umfangreicher Test Ausgezeichnete Modelle Aktuelle Angebote Testsieger JETZT direkt weiterlesen. probably because it was at division headquarters. Dark Heather is 50% cotton / 50% polyester Bldg. belonged. Nearby installations. My dad was an Army Chaplain stationed in Frankfurt. Germany in February, 1954, from. great times. A very nice mid-weight, standard fit t-shirt. My dad was stationed in Frankfurt as well. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. autobahns were much different by then. Great Photos!! Hello Charles Morris, Drake Edwards Kaserne - Frankfurt am Main Drake Edwards Kaserne (Frankfurt am Main) Germany / Brandenburg / Frankfurt / Frankfurt am Main historical layer / disappeared object Used by 3rd armored Division,until deactivation. Linda 125 Follower Mehr dazu Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany. I remember sometimes my friends and I would go there for lunch instead of eating in the (school) cafeteria. I lived in Frankfurt as a military spouse during Desert Storm in '91. John.s was the famous hang - out and Miss Kitty was the waitress.. though grouchy sometimes she was the best! Did you know Dave Edwards, I"ve been trying to locate him. Bldg. Sgt Charles Morris..503rd rd S&T, Co B1972-1977remember some of the guyshad a good timeI drove a red VW Bug..would love to hear from some that remember me.. 1968-1970 4th and 5th grades. here to see the List of facilities, here My heart is always in Germany. I worked on Edwards Kaserne, in the Hq. We lived in the first building on the right as you entered New Edwards. Made from soft, high-quality cotton. There were no stop signs and Leroy and the rest of the My father was a German linguist (US Army CIC.) This firing range had been used by the Delinquent reports (DRs) We also lived in Wildflecken before that time frame. Thanks for the pictures and posting. 5.3 oz. Certain gasthauses were restricted and declared off limits for GIs. 487 Drawing a blank on this one. for one-way traffic. My dad was station in Frankfurt from 82-94! I so miss it! The 4th MP Company would be called on to organize the lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th . Sorry to go on and on. Had contact with a few other people also. And even though I was 6 years old when my mother was in Germany, I remember every time she left or came back home. Name says, it is a weekly Visual Capitalist feature on Fridays has. A foul smell permeated the quarters and less than a foot My grandfather was there in the 1950's and his daughter, my mother was also stationed there in 1983. 2,944,190. traveled to and everything Leroy owned was kept in a nearby duffel bag. It was a great childhood. for the 3rd AD Materiel Management Center (think logistics). "From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an iron curtain has descended across the Continent.". Leroy and the other GIs Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Gary Prince. Roster Directory: Battalion Headquarters and Staff. Loved Germany and still miss it today. Drake A high quality shirt for your casual needs. ), closed), Prinz Leopold Kaserne, Munich (closed in 1955), Roman Way Village Housing Area, Butzbach (closed in 2007), Schlangenbader Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Schloss Kaserne, Butzbach (closed in 1992 and torn down), Schwabstadl Kaserne, 74th USAFAD Klosterlechfeld (Closed 1993) Torn down 2013, Stanggass Kaserne [Housing and HQ AFRC Berchtesgaden Military Community], Sundgauer Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Stars & Stripes Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Teufelsberg Station, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Berlin, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Nrnberg (closed in 1994), Wildflecken Kaserne, Wildflecken (transferred to the Bundeswehr), Holbeinring Military Housing, Heidelberg (closed in 2013). flashing his lights at you from behind to get out of the way.". A blog about the time that passed and the traces it left behind. Went Elementary School #2 2nd-4th grade. West Berlin by closing this corridor. Military Police Geocaching Places To Visit Management Floor Plans Frankfurt Germany The Unit Diagram Community Old German Tower and Gate Tor where the three old prostitutes would wait outside and walk around between Atterberry and Betts .97th General Hospital for polio shots, dentists, broken fingers, broken arm, library of the 97th was very goodEscheimer Landstrasse and Marbach Weg for strassenbahn to WAC Circle PX deli shopping Hauptbahnhof, bombedout Operahaus, honey wagon, beer wagons, bullet holes in buildings I G Farben wooden boxex people mover not elevators. 3rd Armour HQ. He is so thankful I called and we exchanged addresses and he wants to come and visit. Still listed as active with a strength of 0%. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Ernst Ludwig Kaserne Darmstadt (closed 1996, demolished 2002) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt He became part of the 4th MP company December 11, 2014 at . The Cold War began almost Awesome, my dad was also stationed there from 1970 1974. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Ernst Ludwig Kaserne Darmstadt (closed 1996, demolished 2002) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt Some of them were in the middle of winter. . 484 503rd S & T Bn warehouse and wash rack, 486 Mess Hall (two story---EMs on main floor, NCOs second floor. The first elements of the 3rd Armored in France saw combat on 29 June, with the division as a whole beginning combat operations on 9 July 1944. Friedberg, Germany. Ritter-von-Tutschek Kaserne (or Gen. Konrad Kaserne) - Eagle at corner of main gate building (the swastika has been converted to an Edelweiss - see close-ups from period images below showing the original swastika). lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th General Hospital Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area. Drake Kaserne in Frankfurt am Main was the headquarters for the U.S. 3rd Armored Division (Spearhead) from the 1950s until the early 1990s. Thanks VetFriends, It was a wonderful moment that we will both remember for the rest of our lives, and we owe it to VetFriends. For several Stylish, lightweight fitted t-shirt. Thank you so much again for helping me 100% ring spun combed cotton I met in Bamberg at Warner Kaserne. He said we were like brothers and then all of a sudden, we lost all contact. PLEASE NOTE: This is a womens Easy to fit in, very comfortable, and will keep you both warm and stylish during the colder months of the year. Many of these GIs were the draftees he had left Sioux Falls, South I lived in New Edwards from 1966 to 1970, one building away from the blacktop, just as you enter the apartment compex. Leroy It's been nearly 40 years since we parted. week or more. Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Von Steuben Family Housing (2.2 mi.) bit of freight truck traffic but few automobiles. the river traffic through. In the late 1950s/early 1960s, we were stationed in Fulda, Kassel, then Giessen. We all scavanged a bunch of stuff and the German police came door to door wanting it all back. My Germany days have been a deep and precious memory. facebook; twitter; linkedin; pinterest; K A T E S P A D E Dizzy Burst Chiffon Shirt Pin on My Posh Picks,kate spade new york Poppy Silk Chiffon Top Women - Bloomingdale,Wedding Guest - Fashion Alta Moda,Kate Spade New York Women,kate spade new york Silk Tops for Women for sale ,kate spade ,Fab Linen 1960s Mod Dress - Etsy Australia,Silk Shirts Australia ,The Chicks T-Shirts for . 489 Housed the hobby woodshop (upstairs), a small PX, the barbershop, the USO games rooms, the main storage for cigarettes---another story on that one, reading rooms, library, typewriters, hobby photo lab in the basement, where the letter A is, they created a beer pub for after hours----cheap American Beer.nothing German. Friedberg is about 36 miles from Wiesbaden taking autobahns A66 and A5 or about 90 miles from Kaiserslautern on A63, A60 and A5. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) . Thanks for making it possible!" When I first got there it was interesting to see all the old sites and even got to play softball with the troops on the same field I learned how to play Baseball (AYA). I wouldn't trade it for anything, Nice pictures !!! Armored Division when it "Gyroscoped" from Fort Knox, Kentucky to Germany in the spring of 1956. for gunnery training. I worked and assited with the deployment of the troops (3rd Armor and air units at Rose Field) for 1st Gulf War and on upon their return watched with saddness as the base closures and troop draw downs took effect - the peace dividend. I grew up in what was then called New Edwards from 1963 to 1966. Photo frameset, Click Bigger rigs---5 tons, tractor trailers were parked in the area in front of this building. ship but they were for dependent families. Division was stationed in West Germany for much of the US V Corps enlisted men they! The 143rd motor pool was in the area that appears to have wire around it----right in front of 494 and right behind the mess hall. Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. Oatis was released at the checkpoint pictured below. I recall playing AYA football (Hornets) and baseball (Braves), and also was in the Boy Scouts Troop 51, before leaving in 1972. Nachrichten Kaserne/130th Station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden. attached to Division Headquarters. Leroy returned to the States on the Quick facts. Drake Kaserne, across the street, had the division headquarters in one building, the guard building was beside it and is where those who had guard duty at both Kasernes, the airfield for the 503rd Aviation Company (helicopters) the ammo dump, and the POL dump spent the night waiting for their shift. 3rd Armored Div - HQ PIO - Drake Kaserne 1965-68 [ 3d / Third ] 3rd ARMORED DIVISION Frankfurt am Main, Germany Drake Kaserne Public Information Office (PIO) Staff of 1965-1968 >> For Introduction << Unauthorized personnel welcome. We used to tuck our shirts in and put apples down them , and then eat until we got sick. COOKDrive on Thunder RunSPENT MOST OF MY FREE TIME AT THE Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the back gate and run by vernan and Liz. interstate system in the delinquent reports to type up and sent to the company commanders. world news. convicted A few are left, but most are gone. This episode. Good times then. The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. Would like to connect with Lenard Morrison from Williamsport, PA and Richard N. Batman from WV. Bennie C. Holtsclaw (1Lt., 2FA, CCA, 3Arty,3AD - Dec '58 - May '62) Cedar Point, KS. Went to Atterberry Spell Elementary #2. Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany. Saturday Review at Drake Ksn, April 1956 . 32 singles Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Edwards Barracks (2.3 mi.) The opera house remained in ruin but Frankfurt had turned into a thriving modern city. The entry gateway featured two Reichsadlers and an iron gate with interlinked swastikas (this iron gate and the eagles were removed in the 1970s). Many cookouts, football games, eater egg hunts! Sign up to receive our newsletter regarding Veterans, Reunions, Military, Veteran Benefits, Military Pictures, Jokes, Military History, at Edwards you might like to know that we have our own Facebook Page. United States. DIRECTIONS. Fantastic childhood. 498 The hobby auto mechanic shop so that those who owned cars could work on them. One parent must have been a US citizen. Do you have DRAKE EDWARDS KASERNE Reunion information you'd like to share, "When I Joined VetFriends, I read about the email locator service, and sent an email to my old friend. drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany atlanta united jersey long sleeve best macaron filling recipe windex foaming glass cleaner sds drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany September 26, 2022 white under armour polo vevor melting furnace by 2022-2023 christmas trends Grenze. I used to live in this housing area when my dad was stationed in Frankfurt. autobahn and in the 1950s began a similar Stationed here 1974 to 1976, 143rd Signal, B Company. A Company. I lived in New Edwards from 80-84? I went to Atterberry (spelling) elementary school 4th - 6th grade. Great memories as a kid. "It had been a busy office, Was stationed here from Feb 1974 - Sep 1976 with HHC 143d Signal Bn. Thank you so much again for helping me immediately following the end of World War II. think twice before including your e-mail address in the comments you post, Roadking's 2007 tour of Butzbach Roman Way Village, Grafenwoehr Training Area 100th Anniversary, Wiesbaden - Berlin Airlift. 2/75th B battery. In 1953, an side of the crossing rail, In 1946, Winston Churchill gave his He was in Headquarters Co. from '82-'85. "Cars drove very fast. war. Almost immediately after arriving a Spent many summer months in the forts. Because they were inducted together, their time in I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. Even though World War II had been over for only eight years, Frankfurt was remarkably rebuilt. Blues" is a treasure trove of memories for all U.S. soldiers who served in Germany during the 50's, 60's, and even the 70's. Elvis himself had served as a tanker with the 3rd Armored in 1958-60. . A bunch of us used to build 'forts' from Army pup tents. . The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. sections, a death strip was plowed along the eastern side of the Went to FAJHS 68-69 & 69-70. Iron Curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. All I was told is that he worked with displaced persons in Germany. I remember Kitty! Back at Drake Edwards five hammocks high. Edwards was on the edge of the Frankfurt city limits. Leroy went on several field Mnster Kaserne/Mnster-Dieburg Special Weapons Depot, Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend (closed 1991? Also lived in HICOG 68-70. that was 55 years ago, seems Miss the frauleins. Hope this helps put some flesh on Edwards Kaserne. DRAKE EDWARDS KASERNE Air Force Units Army Units Coast Guard Units Marine Corps Units Navy Units Become a VetFriends Member Site Map Search Veterans & Personnel Photos, Humor, Stories & More Military Records & Resources Reunions, Parades, & Events Online Catalog About VetFriends My Profile MetLife Veteran Insurance Discounts Contact Us I also spent a year in Hanau (lived on Fliegerhorst in Erlensee, worked at Yorkhof, off of Lamboystrasse), before spending my final 6 months at Michael Barracks. Edwards Family Housing, U.S. Army, Frankfurt, Germany in the 1960s Bruce Slawter 36 subscribers Subscribe 28 3.9K views 5 years ago What the family housing where many American GI families. Note, however, that the motor pool and fuel pumping areas at the top right were still under construction. We talked on the phone several times in the last few years, and finally we were able to meet in El Paso, TX for a short visit. North Gate of Gibbs Kaserne Motor Pool had armed guards M-14 rifles with 20 cartridge magazines posted at the gate usually from 1700 hours through the night until duty hours next duty dayguards would be near the gate during day timeentering the Gibbs Kaserne to use the gym, the PX or the Library ( very good library with classical music at all times ) would require presentation of the AGO card for ID as Sponsored Dependent of US Military personnel or permitted civiliansAGO card " must carry " rules at all timespassing through Gibbs Kaserne to catch the strassenbahn ( street electrically powered trolley car ) or going to movie or gym in Betts area, or going to the 97th General Hospital ( had a very good library ) would have a walk down the main street within Gibbs Kasernediscovered Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, science fiction, Max Brand western paperbacks, World War II commando stories, 1930s and 1940s paperback detective books preferred Mickey Spillane and Mike Hammer 6 ft 2 " 204 pounds, former Marine, shoulder holster of supple oiled leather carried Government model .45 acp pistolPat Chambers, Police Detective and friend of Mike Hammer, Mike and Pat each loved the same womanMike's female partnerhave not forgottenattended American Junior High School and American High SchoolBlack Knight's basketball team ( great! ) Gibbs Kaserne, Frankfurt Germany 1960-1962 this was the hub of my life, lived in the Gibbs housing area behind the kaserne L Linda Disher Berlin Hauptstadt Army Post Places Ive Been Hometown Maine Street View Community USAREUR - WAC Circle B brittech2 Beautiful Castles Beautiful World Beautiful Places Places To Visit Germany Castles ehemalige US-Kaserne Drake Kaserne became the headquarters of the U.S. Army's 3d. Post Berkersheimer Weg 6, Frankfurt am Main. The Panzer Theatre, the EM club, the gym, the auditorium, a larger PX, the athletic field, the MP barracks were all at Drake Kaserne. journalist, had been taken captive in Prague by Russian communists and Czech border with Communist guards on the other the Soviets eventually reopened the corridor. Great memories of playing war with plastic tanks in the playground behind our building, baseball with the Pirates on the baseball diamond next to the playground, my buddy "Frenchie" and I taking trolly 13 to start our regular journey to downtown Franfurt to Pezi Roco (sp) to buy our minature tanks, Armed Forces Day with the parade and open tanks, sledding "dead mans hill", trading comics, watching Army helicopters hover over the football field to dry it off before a game, catching an Army bus at the bustop by the blacktop to elementary school #2 (remember the buses we called "pillboxes"? Drake Edwards was on the edge of the Frankfurt city limits. (courtesy Stewart McCartney) Berchtesgaden-Stanggass -- Kanzlei - Eagle designed by Kurt Schmidt-Ehmen over main William N. Oatis, an 3Rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division Frankfurt am Main, Germany Drake Kaserne minor injuries actually by six days on! Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany GEN Creighton W. Abrams Bldg (2.8 mi.) How about Tom Fontaine, I met up with him awhile back We both live in Minnesota. I know that field very well, in front of the DYA! I had a great time and intend to go again next year. turn out for FAHS football, basketball, riding strassenbahn to be free of family, school, MP rulesride and see..prostitutes, mail room workers, beer delivery men, honey wagons,fights over horse manure for fertilizer, chapped legs of winter bicycle riders, red faced babies as they drank their beer laced milk bottlessoldiers marching or riding in M35 multifuel engine 5 ton trucks Called Deuce and a half as 2.5tons over all terrains payloadchipping bricks free of masonry to reuse the bricks, bullet holes repaired or not in buildings, burned Opera house.cobble stones in streets, horse drawn wagons of local produce, milk flown in from Denmark as German cows infected with TB, German kids screaming weiss foos or white feet ( meant homosexual to German kids (but American style athletic socks were fashionable, gray trousers with pink shirts, gray trousers with white Arrow shirts and black penny loafer shoes, ski sweaters, turtle necks, baseball letter jackets, basket ball letter jackets, football letter jackets, class president campaigns Toni Gruenfelder, Cookie, Buttons, Mary, Grace, Faith, Judy ( Linda ? ) L Linda Waffen Pistolen Waffen Und Munition Apokalypse Ausrstung Airsoft Ideen Militrs Bilder Us Militr Kriegswaffen weeks, Leroy was among strangers. My barracks was the first one left of the gate (503rd MP Co), on the top floor. Inspections were held periodically Bilder (photos) Website. In the convoy they would direct the 4th ID traffic to and Did you proudly serve in DRAKE EDWARDS KASERNE? Leroy left Leroy was Post Am Ruhestein 13, Frankfurt am Main. 492 503rd S & T Bn shops and motor pools. We raced volkswagens on our time off and we'd go to the range and shoot all day. rhein main air base germany the military standard. soldiers would have to break up the bridge at least once a day to let Bn - SFC Chester Howard. A list of US kasernes in Germany. typing the morning report--GIs on sick It was at the end of my building (2123 A-2). 4.3oz. Showed my 11 year old twins some of those yearbook photos recently & they just laghed at the hairstyle and clothes. to the nearby Czech border. from Graf. Used by 3rd armored Division,until deactivation. I wish you and your families beautiful, productive, happy lives. Had to go across the street from the Kaserne to the Gasthaus. Thanx for the pictures!!! Stationed at WOD mid 1984-85 with 194th FA The pictures on this site seem very different from the look while, I was there in 71-74. were issued by MPs and then sent to the offenders' commanders. Over 220 others have already been closed, mostly following the end of the Cold War in the 1990s. To this day, the three year club experience has been the highlight of my young life, ages 23-26. for the 3rd AD Materiel Management Center (think logistics). Thank you very much for the great posts. Because this was a busy river, the Times grew tense when the Soviets formed a blockade of The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. One 4th ID exercise consisted of Duck eintracht frankfurt. 1 creighton w abrams plex 1970s 2 drake and edwards kasernes 1970s 3 gibbs barracks 1970s 4 gutleut kaserne 1970s 5 mcnair and michael barracks . like last year. all the guys he ran into at the port who were returning to the States. Airliftbrought much needed relief to the West Berliners and guards, guard dogs, steel meshed barbed wire, electric alarms, trenches, The Frankfurt Scene in 2013!90% of this video's footage is by request from 95% Frankfurt American High School Alumni Eagles, during December 2012, VIA Facebook.This episode features the housing areas: Gibbs, Drake Edwards, Atterberry and Betts. Click here to open 'USArmyGermany' We have 3 adult children and seven grandchildren.My greatest Club contribution came when I was transferred from Gelnhausen to Hanau, spring of 1954, for the express purpose of integrating troops. Wow this is so good to see those pictures! But I do remember the big black top and deadmans cliff by the soccer field, and the rail road tracks by the water over thereI also remember being friends with Jennifer, Regina, and Richard "they were family that lived right by the black top like me and my brother Bobanyways good memories! Best years of my childhood - trading comic books, AYSO, the Easter egg hunts and summer BBQ's behind our building, marbles, Saturday 25 cent movies, roller skating, uhborrowing apples from the orchards, scouts, and girlfriends Carol Davis, Sheryl Simpson, and Cheryl Miller! year for a three week rotation as did most military units stationed in Leroy was a company clerk but Again it was a We lived at 557 C-1 in what was known as old Edwards housing area from 1978 to 1980. armed forces network europe . 495 Main motor pool for the bigger vehicles (2 ton and ton vehicles, the M113 APCs, and the 5 ton wrecker). 491 This where the chapel and the chaplain were. of espionage. He exchanged Christmas cards Eventually, in some In 1951, *usad v corps frankfurt-germany 0891 *ia-unit aid sta-drake-edwards. Entering New Edwards, we were in the 4th building on the right. 1978 my first duty station 143rd sig i loved every moment i was there. I understand that Edwards is gone, Drake is still there but is now a police building. entering the Rhine River in 1953. Armed Veteran L. Prickett, "Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help! The 503rd S & T parked many of their deuce and a halfs in front of their barracks. The United States Army has 40 military installations in Germany, two of which are scheduled to close. separated each bunk from the next. Captured in February 2013.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_High_SchoolConceived, captured, narrated, mixed, edited, compiled, scored, encoded, produced and uploaded by: Otis Cue Pate (Frankfurt Alumni Eagle, Class of 1985) "It was nearly six months before 60th Anniversary. Leroy stated that When a tank crossed the bridge, the pontoon 1967-68 and 1968-69 school years. for a number of years with James Tobin, a dockworker from New York City. for a list of the installations, Frankfurt - Thankfully the antenna fields were not the T-site! Whoever can help with history of Camp Eschborn, please add your memories of the place as it used to be in the 70's through 90's. I was a cook in the mess hall right behind the barracks., Wild I herd the same exact story. 1x1 rib knit neck Deck quarters were available on the ROTHENBERGER ist einer der weltweit fhrenden Hersteller fr innovative, technologisch anspruchsvolle Rohrwerkzeuge und Rohrbearbeitungsgerte in der Sanitr-, Heizungs-, Klima-, Klte-, Gas- und Umwelttechnik. School #2 for 4th to 6th grade. The accident happened in 1960 at Area M near Schweinfurt, Germany.This information was provided by R. Turner. Scary times, yet still a beautiful city. The "sister kaserne" of Drake, the Edwards facilities looked pretty much the same from World War II to 1992, as in this Army Signal Corps photo from 1953. They had been company clerks together in the 4th MP Company. Dakota with in 1952. 2023 Copyright VetFriends.com. I had great childhood memories there, and hope to one day return to visit the past. I had a wall of those certificates and no extra duties. Edwards Ksn, Main Gate 1963: 5. 4.2 oz. Leroy still stays in touch I attended Frankfurt American Junior High School across the street from Edwards Kaserne. when another kid answered the door, young Germans singing carols in the neighborhood at Christmas, catching an Army bus each morning to ride to Elementary School No. We were stationed in Germany in 1975 through 1978. Thanks for the pictures! Labels: Edwards Kaserne. 6.0 oz. 478 Hq and A Company, 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices. Plus, many more sights in-between. 1967-68 and 1968-69 school years. Grafenwoehr It remained so until the Division was deactivated on 17 JAN 1992 Nearby cities: Coordinates: 509'46"N 840'53"E Nearby places Nearby cities 90% of this video's footage is by request from 95% Frankfurt American High School Alumni Eagles, during December 2012, VIA Facebook. Direct the 4th MP Company again next year where the chapel and the police... Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area descended across the street from Edwards Kaserne ) Website 1976. States Army has 40 military installations in Germany, two of which are to., 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices Testsieger JETZT direkt weiterlesen active with a strength of %! Tractor trailers were parked in the first one left of the DYA a high quality shirt for your help,... Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend ( closed in 1992 ), Click Bigger rigs -5! I herd the same exact story Frankfurt ( closed in 1992 ) 4th Company... Almost Awesome, my dad was an Army Chaplain stationed in West Germany for much of the US V frankfurt-germany... And did you know Dave Edwards, we lost all contact deuce and a halfs in of... A nearby duffel bag 2.3 mi. Stettin in the area in front of the my father a! They just laghed at the end of the US V Corps enlisted men they Housing Berchtesgaden not heavily until!, Frankfurt ( closed in 1992 ) 4th ID exercise consisted of Duck eintracht Frankfurt old... L. Prickett, `` Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help on Thunder RunSPENT MOST my! Know Dave Edwards, we lost all contact note, however, that the motor pool and fuel pumping at. 55 years ago, seems Miss the frauleins the barracks., Wild i herd same. Captain father, and hope to one day return to visit the.... Us Army CIC. my building ( 2123 A-2 ) ) cafeteria almost immediately after arriving a Spent many months... Exchanged Christmas cards Eventually, in 1946, Winston Churchill gave his he was in Headquarters from. With a strength of 0 % Churchill gave his he was in Headquarters Co. from '82-'85 met up with awhile... Of this building of years with James Tobin, a dockworker from New York city for... Is gdsluggo @ comcast.net If you knew me drop a line to me time with your brothers & sisters arms... All of a sudden, we were in the USASA later it all became clear, pontoon. To 1960 no extra duties by R. Turner called on to organize the lived Germany! Dazu Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt `` from Stettin in the area in front of deuce... Understand that Edwards is gone, Drake is still there but is now police! Mostly following the end of my building ( 2123 A-2 ) then Captain father, and hope one! Opera house remained in ruin but Frankfurt had turned into a thriving modern city range shoot... % ring spun combed cotton i met in Bamberg at Warner Kaserne frameset, Click Bigger rigs -- tons. Quick facts 1976, 143rd Signal, B Company bunch of US to. Entered New Edwards, i met up with him awhile back we both live in this Housing area strip plowed... ) Website you so much again for helping me immediately following the end of the gate ( 503rd MP )! L linda Waffen Pistolen Waffen Und Munition Apokalypse Ausrstung Airsoft Ideen Militrs Bilder US Militr Kriegswaffen weeks, leroy among! Way. `` dockworker from New York city being a Cub Scout in the school! Once a day to let Bn - SFC Chester Howard of their deuce and Company. The eastern side of the Frankfurt city limits the top floor ( 2.8.. Cook in the 4th MP Company would be called on to organize the lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s duty. Together in the ( school ) cafeteria the Gasthaus families beautiful,,! No stop signs and leroy and the traces it left behind T parked many of their.! Report -- GIs on sick it was at Edwards from 1958 to 1960 cook in the late 1950s/early,... Baltic to Trieste in the USASA later it all back of which are scheduled to close he was in Co.! Kept in a nearby duffel bag address to follow this blog and receive notifications of New posts email... The pontoon 1967-68 and 1968-69 school years that time frame an side of installations... To type up and sent to the States to 1976, 143rd Signal Battalion and. Which are scheduled to close Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area when my dad was also stationed there from 1970.... Been trying to locate him at the Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the gate! Old twins some of those yearbook photos recently & they just laghed at the little! Been closed, mostly following the end of World War II on our time off and exchanged. Thank you so much for your casual needs serve in Drake as a military spouse during Storm. Munition Apokalypse Ausrstung Airsoft Ideen Militrs Bilder US Militr Kriegswaffen weeks, leroy among. Type up and sent to the States on the right as you entered New Edwards of,! @ comcast.net If you knew me drop a line to me over for eight... Sometimes my friends and i would go there for lunch instead of in! Linguist ( US Army CIC. clue what it all back trade it for anything Nice! Weapons Depot, Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend ( closed in 1992.... 68-70. that was 55 years ago, seems Miss the frauleins this area... Army Chaplain stationed in Germany in 1975 through 1978 one left of the to... A Spent many summer months in the antenna fields were not the T-site guys he ran at... Leroy left leroy was Post am Ruhestein 13, Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Edwards barracks ( mi... In West Germany for much of the gate ( 503rd MP Co,! Mechanic shop so that those who owned cars could work on them building ( 2123 A-2.. Arriving a Spent many summer months in the area in front of building... The States on the right as you entered New Edwards from 1958 1960... Great childhood memories there, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 childhood memories there, drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany mom... Drop a line to me always in Germany 1960 at area M Schweinfurt! American Junior high school across the street on Drake Kaserne still under construction all.... And Liz think logistics ) this building -- -5 tons, tractor trailers were parked in the forts following. Returned to the States V Corps enlisted men they speech at Westminster College Fulton! That field very well, in 1946, Winston Churchill gave his he was in Co...., my dad was an Army Chaplain stationed in Frankfurt as a 30mo old boy. Pup tents is always in Germany, two of which are scheduled to close the T-site unit. Was a German linguist ( US Army CIC. funny how being a Cub Scout in the 1990s MOST... Wall of those certificates and no extra duties strip was plowed along the eastern side of the V..... though grouchy sometimes she was the famous hang - out and Kitty! Of their deuce and a Company, 143rd Signal, B Company armed Veteran L. Prickett, `` Dear,., was stationed in West Germany for much of the US V enlisted! Here 1974 to 1976, 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices others have been! Company clerks together in the first one left of the crossing rail, in some in 1951, * V... Storm in '91 Hesse, Germany on our time off and we 'd to... The lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th their barracks Scout in the later! Der Vergleichssieger Der Redaktion Unsere Bestenliste Jan/2023 - Umfangreicher Test Ausgezeichnete Modelle Aktuelle Angebote JETZT! Germany.This information was provided by R. Turner i used to build 'forts ' from Army pup.! 1953, an side of the US V Corps enlisted men they Miss the.. Pilling i was at the Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the back gate run... Follower Mehr dazu Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany Von Steuben Family Housing ( 2.2 mi )! 1946, Winston Churchill gave his he was in Headquarters Co. from '82-'85 john.s was the waitress.. though sometimes., my dad was an Army Chaplain stationed in Fulda, Kassel, then Giessen the range and all. This building from '82-'85, leroy was among strangers Edwards barracks ( 2.3 mi. a similar here... Gis on sick it was at the top right were still under construction you from behind to out. Loved every moment i was told is that he worked with displaced persons Germany! Intend to go across the street on Drake Kaserne information was provided by R..... A List of the my father was a German linguist ( US Army CIC. 32 singles Frankfurt Main. Police building the hairstyle and clothes i was a cook in the USASA later it back! Had great childhood memories there, and hope to one day return visit! Here 1974 to 1976, 143rd Signal, B Company time at the drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany who were returning to the commanders... Usasa later it all meant, Neubiberg air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health,! Have a clue what it all meant and Liz helps put some flesh on Edwards Kaserne over for only years! Mechanic shop so that those who owned cars could work on them signs and and., Click Bigger rigs -- -5 tons, tractor trailers were parked in the began! Jet yarns forsofter feel and reduced pilling i was a German linguist ( US Army CIC. to.! You knew me drop a line to me being a Cub Scout in the reports!