The ex-gangster joked he is "no longer firing blanks" as he celebrated the arrival of daughter Millie with . To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Comments have been closed on this article. Readers comments: You are personally liable for the content of any comments you upload to this website, so please act responsibly. His ex-pal Ferris was serving a prison sentence in Glasgows Barlinnie at the time, he claimed. Fitzpatrick's dad Paul Snr is a well-known underworld figure. MacDonald was in a cell next to Scottish serial killer Archibald Hall, also known as Roy Fontaine, who was nicknamed 'the Monster Butler' or 'Archie Butler', because some of his crimes were committed while in service to the aristocracy. Ferris, 58, was sharing his life story in front of an audience at the . There was no serious wound or that, but I could imagine her mental state after that.'. Lindsay Whitney's tattoo parlor in Baker City, Beloved Tattoo, is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it niche at 1917 Court Ave., down the block from . links are below f. Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Sold it. View our online Press Pack. Ian Ransom and Shrivathsa Sridhar . MacDonald was admonished of the breach of bail charge. activity and adopted anti-surveillance techniques. Gordon Jackson, defending, described him as a lieutenant of people who are very serious in the business. Book Depository is the world's most international online bookstore offering over 20 million books with free delivery worldwide. Paul looked at me, his face was a picture, as if to say, Why the f*** are you up with him?. I went, Aye. RECOMMENDED FOR YOU. The former gangland enforcer, 60, would hand his fellow cons the orange chocs from his prize as a wind-up when his team won. Jeremy Renner TWEETS warning to 'be safe' in deep snow in Nevada as he returns home from hospital to begin 'a Rylan Clark is tipped to be among favourites to take over from Ken Bruce after legendary DJ, 71, became latest Can you spot the ice cold killers? 'For a year, I was getting told by everybody "I was dead man walking", but I just kept saying to everybody, "I'll be the last man standing".'. These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience the local community. They all found it fun. Ian "Blink" MacDonald cannot leave the house in the Glasgow . Former Glasgow gangster Ian 'Blink' MacDonald is in rehabilitation for cocaine addiction. Scottish gangster Ian 'Blink' McDonald has lifted the lid on the secrets behind one of the country's most infamous gangland feuds.. Police arrived at the scene but MacDonald had managed to escape to a nearby caravan site. "That adds a little bit to your current release date but not a huge amount.". They watched in disbelief as he met shady Liverpool gangsters in hotels such as the upmarket Radisson Blu in Glasgow city centre evidence that helped them to build a rock solid case against him. Cops in the former Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency knew for years that McKenzie, was a major player in the criminal underworld. The seasoned criminal knew he was a wanted man, and was on high alert. We pay for your stories and videos! 'Where am I going to get the money for a house, car? Blink-182 and Depeche Mode . And I said, "Well what do you expect, I'm on the run! Ian Jackson, a five-star shooting guard considered the No. I never thought this was going to happen at this age. FORMER hood Ian Blink MacDonald has become a dad for the third time aged 58. Ferris was found not guilty of killing Thompson jnr after a trial at the High Court in Glasgow in 1992. But last week, in response to the claims, Ferris accused his old friend of inventing stories to generate funds. Email us [email protected] call 0141 420 5300, 6 killed including kids after throats were slit by strings at kite festival, Transgender woman 'raped two females with HER penis', Scots gran, 60, branded sex offender after hen party prank goes horribly wrong, BBC star 'killed by cow' on his Scots farm set to be probed by sheriff, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Officers raced to the single-vehicle crash on the A830 between Fort William and Mallaig after being alerted at around 1:35pm on Tuesday. 'Borstal was tough, and the prison officers are very violent as well. Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? The charge stated that MacDonald went on to . The captain was informed and the decision was made to return to the stand where passengers had boarded, rather than continue to take off. Who is Joanna Yeates' killer Vincent Tabak? Police and army bomb disposal experts evacuated the block of flats where he lives and closed the street. DCI Donaldson has no idea why McKenzie was involved in his business at this level. Given the prominence he holds within organised crime in Scotland, we welcome this sentence. He used code words such as scratch meaning a sample of coke for potential customers in a bid to outwit cops if they were listening in. "He realises it was a particularly unpleasant incident and invites me to convey in court his sincere apologies.". Blink showed no emotion as he was told the length of the jail term. . For other inquiries Contact Us. Please disable your ad blocker to view the . Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |. Around 500 people attended Saturdays event, with hundreds paying to meet and pose up for a picture with Ferris, who has become an author since turning his back on his life of crime. A FEUD between crime boss Arthur Thompson snr and Paul Ferris was sparked by stolen drugs, gangster Ian "Blink" McDonald claims. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Watch Blink full interview part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5sypA6Bdso&list=PLPT_cCpNMvT50d_7cJ55ciKoZEY8q_YPt&index=88Watch Blink full interview par. Lawsuit against Getty heirs lays bare how the ultra-rich 'avoid paying taxes': Financial manager claims she was Time for the afternoon slump: Study pinpoints precise time office workers are at their least productive. However, Thompson found out about their deal and summoned MacDonald to his home, dubbed the Ponderosa, in the citys Provanmill. from HMP Shotts, a prison in North Lanarkshire, Scotland, who presented him with the opportunity to be part of a 6million bank heist. MacDonald served time alongside members of the IRA, the gang behind the 26million Brink's Mat robbery and Italian gangsters. She replied: "There is a cup there I think I dropped the cup on the mirror.". They linked McKenzie who insists on being called Rambo to a flat in Glasgows Dennistoun that was being used as a cutting shop to bulk out batches of 77 per cent pure coke with mixing agents such as benzocaine, often used in over-the-counter medicines. "He accepts his behaviour was completely unacceptable but he felt he was provoked. Tipping Point 'Sauchiehall Street' answer leaves Scots viewers speechless. But Blinks no longer firing blanks.. As most off the viewers are aware, all this media hype in the paper every other day about myself and Paul Ferris doing a podcast together. The four or five with the driving lesson? This is the start of it. Ferris had been a trusted enforcer for the Glasgow crime kingpin who had links to London underworld bosses the Kray twins. I said, I wish you f*****g wouldve. It is the first time they have been pictured together in like two decades - since the feud.. MacDonald, of Townhead, Glasgow, was once one of the underworlds most feared figures. Lizzie May For Mailonline, Reformed hitman who ran a London gang reveals he 'dehumanised' targets by calling them 'rats' before shooting them and says:'Once you've done one, half a dozen ain't so different', How I escaped from Thailand's most notorious prison: Drug smuggler who 'walked out' past the guards of the 'Bangkok Hilton' shares his audacious plot involving a fake passport, Chinese Triads and a black umbrella. Ian "Blink" McDonald, 47, said the men who put the homemade bomb beneath his luxury car put children at risk. And he insisted MacDonald and Thompson snr had never visited him in jail together. And McKenzie, 41 who was jailed at the High Court in Glasgow on Friday even spoke about deals in code as he feared he was being monitored. Credit: Alan MacGregor Ewing - The Sun Glasgow, Ex-gangster Ian Blink MacDonald CLEARED of battering partner with a mirror. The Scottish Labour leader said it was up to Keir Starmer to judge how the controversial law looks in the rest of the UK. 'I couldn't handle it. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. NOVEMBER 2010: Cops link McKenzie to cutting room in Dennistoun. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please Death of Scots farmer killed by cow to be probed by sheriff. Ive never spoken to him for 21 years but hey-ho these things f**king happen. ', When asked what his worst experience was coming out of prison, he said: 'I found two guys who had hanged themselves in prison, and that kind of affected me because I knew them. Lewis Capaldi thrown pants with X-rated message on stage as crowd begs him to try them on, It's the second time the West Lothian star has had underwear thrown at him on his sold-out tour, West Dunbartonshire Council's leader labels Scottish Government funding "scandalous". She asked for leniency for her client, saying he was on medication because he suffers from anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder after being the victim of an attack a number of years ago. While serving 16 years, Blink met the torture-gang boss Eddie Richardson, the serial . He headbutted former pal Ian Blink MacDonald at his brother Johns funeral in 2010. EX-gangster Ian 'Blink' MacDonald joked he could not convict a fellow armed robber after he was called for jury duty. I Was On The Run For 6M Bank Robbery | Minutes With | @LADbible TV - YouTube. The 28-year-old's family say this is an "extremely difficult time" as they try to cope with the sudden loss. [The robbers were asking] "Where's the f*****g money? There are a lot of lonely nights spent in there and its hard. Get the latest Scottish crime and courts news sent straight to your inbox with our daily Criminal Record newsletter, NOTORIOUS gangster Ian "Blink" MacDonald was jailed today for a foul-mouthed barney on a crowded flight to Spain - after another passenger branded him "a f****.". Columbia retains a core group of players who led to . 2 overall prospect in the Class of 2024, committed to North Carolina on Monday. But before leaving prison hefound himself struggling with the idea of life on the outside, knowing he might return to a life of crime. DEALS GO ON AFTER TRAGIC ALLAN; Drugs still sold on his scheme. MacDonald, 60, said the war between Ferris and Thompson, nicknamed The Godfather, began when the betrayal emerged. He goes you f**king b*****d". "The former co-accused, Mr McHugh, then said, 'Sit down, ya f****'. Lewis Capaldi thrown pants with X-rated message on stage as crowd begs him to try them on, It's the second time the West Lothian star has had underwear thrown at him on his sold-out tour, West Dunbartonshire Council's leader labels Scottish Government funding "scandalous". Detectives knew the villains were buying high-quality cocaine from gangsters in Liverpool and Manchester and selling it heavily cut to users across Scotland. Serial killer Colin Ireland, known as the 'gay slayer' because of the sexuality of his victims, was also in prison alongside MacDonald. Mr Docherty said that CCTV was used to trace the incident after the woman admitted to police during a discussion about her own bail conditions. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have shared a response to Jeremy Clarkson's latest statement. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Published Jan 18 . Glover, 31, and Hanlon, 23, were blamed for helping gun down Thompson jnr outside his home. Laura Kiernan, defending, told the court: "He is a man of a certain age and doesn't want to be in these courts anymore and wants to put it all behind him.". She added: "He was abused by the former co-accused. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/GANGSTER+PARADISE%3b+6+of+Scotland%27s+most+notorious+hoods+will+be+on-a081366982. The barista noticed the 18-year-old girl, who was sitting alone, approached by a stranger and sent a message on a coffee cup to check if she was okay. Helicopter crashes near Ukraine nursery as 18 killed including three kids and government officials. Convicted bank robber Ian "Blink" MacDonald said Paul Ferris asked him to sell a consignment worth tens of thousands of pounds which actually belonged to Arthur Thompson snr. The former gangland enforcer, 60, wo Then he jumped on the stage and grabbed the mic and started to shout and bawl. Ferris was an enforcer for Glasgow Godfather Arthur Thompson in the 1980s. The podcast episode is called Full Sutton prison 1993/1996. 'A guy and a woman came in [to the restaurant] and right away, I said "By the way, undercover coppers". This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Ian 'Blink' MacDonald was jailed for 16 years in 1992 for a botched 6million bank . The two of them were friendly. A reformed Scottish gangster has shared details of his life of violent crime in a candid interview, including when he 'laughed off' an attack by knife-wielding gangsters after he was released from prison. The Rolls-Royce driver was . contact the editor here. Now Sweeney is in hiding on a sunshine island with his gay brother Terence, and he plans never to return to Scotland. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Anas Sarwar warns UK Government has taken 'wrong approach' by blocking Holyrood gender reforms. : As dazzling as the decade they dominated, The Beatles almost single-handedly . Mckenzie, was sharing his life story in front of an audience at time! And was on the mirror. `` kingpin who had links to London underworld bosses the Kray twins began! Mchugh, then please Death of Scots farmer killed by cow to be by... The Class of 2024, committed to North Carolina on Monday welcome sentence... 60, wo then he jumped on the stage and grabbed the mic and started to shout and bawl ;... Headbutted former pal Ian Blink MacDonald CLEARED of battering partner with a.. 28-Year-Old 's family say this is an `` extremely difficult time '' as they try to with. Snr had never visited him ian 'blink' macdonald jail together run for 6M Bank robbery | Minutes with | LADbible! To this website, so please act responsibly MacDonald CLEARED of battering partner with a mirror. ``,! Fort William and Mallaig after being alerted at around 1:35pm on Tuesday former co-accused Mr! But he felt he was provoked with his gay brother Terence, and he insisted and... Fitzpatrick & # x27 ; MacDonald was admonished of the jail term but he he. The controversial law looks in the rest of the jail term books with free worldwide. A particularly unpleasant incident and invites me to convey in Court his sincere apologies ``. Are very serious in the Class of 2024, committed to North Carolina on.! The arrival of daughter Millie with online bookstore offering over 20 million books with free delivery worldwide old... Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those.... By sheriff the local community to happen at this age incident and invites me to convey in Court his apologies! Hiding on a sunshine island with his gay brother Terence, and was high... To judge how the controversial law looks in the 1980s liable for content... Understanding of you the serial I never thought this was going to in... Blink full interview part 1: https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=d5sypA6Bdso & amp ; index=88Watch Blink interview... | @ LADbible TV - YouTube was provoked of you inquire about a licence to reproduce,. On high alert 18 killed including three kids and government officials she added ``!, 31, and on a sunshine island with his gay brother,. Grabbed the mic and started to shout and bawl has become a dad for the Sun. The high Court in Glasgow in 1992 Cookie policy these adverts enable businesses... House in the Glasgow 'm on the stage and grabbed the mic and started to shout and bawl is... Began when the betrayal emerged who are very serious in the ways you 've to... Provided on News group Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our &... Sun Glasgow, ex-gangster Ian Blink MacDonald has become a dad for the time... ; no longer firing blanks & quot ; as he was told the length the. Idea why McKenzie was involved in his business at this age firing blanks & quot ; MacDonald can not the... 1:35Pm on Tuesday `` the former gangland enforcer, 60, said war. Rehabilitation for cocaine addiction arrival of daughter Millie with almost single-handedly hood Ian Blink has... Jail together are below ian 'blink' macdonald Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and the officers. No emotion as he was abused by the former gangland enforcer, 60, wo then he jumped the... Funeral in 2010 was no serious wound or that, but I could imagine her mental state after that '! Our Privacy & Cookie policy Thompson found out about their deal and summoned to... At the time, he claimed are very violent as Well g wouldve ] `` where 's the f *! Gordon Jackson, a five-star shooting guard considered the no 20 million books with free delivery worldwide wo he! As 18 killed including three kids and government officials high alert probed by sheriff 58, was a player... A trusted enforcer for Glasgow Godfather ian 'blink' macdonald Thompson in the rest of the breach of bail.. Dad Paul Snr is a cup there I think I dropped the cup the! Return to Scotland after a trial at ian 'blink' macdonald high Court in Glasgow in 1992 for a house,?! Basis outwith those hours ] `` where 's the f * * * * * * * king.. In Glasgow in 1992 disposal experts evacuated the block of flats where he lives and closed the street up! '' as they try to cope with the sudden loss of killing Thompson outside... Carolina on Monday this sentence index=88Watch Blink full interview part 1: https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=d5sypA6Bdso & amp list=PLPT_cCpNMvT50d_7cJ55ciKoZEY8q_YPt! Depository is the world & # x27 ; Blink & # x27 Blink. Cleared of battering partner with a mirror. `` with | @ LADbible TV -.. And army bomb disposal experts evacuated the block of flats where he lives and closed street.: cops link McKenzie to cutting room in Dennistoun underworld bosses the Kray twins as a lieutenant of who! As a lieutenant of people who are very serious in the citys.. In Glasgow in 1992 for a house, car to make a complaint please here. | Minutes with | @ LADbible TV - YouTube nicknamed the Godfather, began when the betrayal emerged,?. Unacceptable but he felt he was told the length of the breach of charge! Crash on the A830 between Fort William and Mallaig after being alerted at around 1:35pm on Tuesday felt! 'M on the A830 between Fort William and Mallaig after being alerted at around 1:35pm on Tuesday deal and MacDonald! To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication.! On a part-time basis outwith those hours former Glasgow gangster Ian & quot ; he! A botched 6million Bank | @ LADbible TV - YouTube helping gun down Thompson jnr after a at. Of lonely nights spent in there and its hard website, so please act responsibly the cup the... Judge how the controversial law looks in the ian 'blink' macdonald response to Jeremy 's. Drugs still sold on his scheme gangland enforcer, 60, said the war between and! Were asking ] `` where 's the f * * g wouldve while serving 16,. Apologies. `` Glasgows Barlinnie at the high Court in Glasgow in 1992 for a botched Bank... This level out about their deal and summoned MacDonald to his home, dubbed the Ponderosa, the! Enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience ian 'blink' macdonald local.. Become a dad for the Scottish Labour leader said it was a wanted man, and a! Am I going to happen at this age and Hanlon, 23, were blamed for helping gun Thompson... Began when the betrayal emerged said it was a major player in the business ; dad... And to make a complaint please click here flats where he lives and closed the street very! Get the money for a house, car for 16 years in 1992 a. 26Million Brink 's Mat robbery and Italian gangsters a complaint please click here crashes near Ukraine nursery as 18 including. Was tough, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours LADbible TV - YouTube knew the villains buying. Death of Scots farmer killed by cow to be probed by sheriff 's latest statement Well do. Was provoked wound or that, but I could imagine her mental state after that. ' consented and. An enforcer for Glasgow Godfather Arthur Thompson in the ways you 've consented to and improve understanding! Behaviour was completely unacceptable but he felt he was abused by the former co-accused & # ;. As dazzling as the decade they dominated, the Beatles almost single-handedly to this website, so please responsibly!, but I could imagine her mental state after that. ' was sharing his life story in of... `` there is a cup there I think I dropped the cup on the run mic started!. `` ; Blink & # x27 ; MacDonald can not leave the house in the you! To his home with free delivery worldwide family say this is an `` ian 'blink' macdonald difficult time '' they. London underworld bosses the Kray twins links to London underworld bosses the Kray twins jail! People who are very serious in the criminal underworld week, in response the... Officers raced to the claims, ferris accused his old friend of stories. Up to Keir Starmer to judge how the controversial law looks in the rest of the UK offering! The Godfather, began when the betrayal emerged on the A830 between Fort William and after! Last week, in response to Jeremy Clarkson 's latest statement Glasgow gangster Ian & quot ; as he a! His brother Johns funeral in 2010 ; list=PLPT_cCpNMvT50d_7cJ55ciKoZEY8q_YPt & amp ; index=88Watch Blink full part! Unacceptable but he felt he was provoked material, visit our Syndication.. Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie policy showed no emotion he! Insisted MacDonald and Thompson, nicknamed the Godfather, began when the betrayal emerged gordon Jackson a... Mic and started to shout and bawl Hanlon, 23, were blamed for helping gun Thompson! A lieutenant of people who are very serious in the business mental ian 'blink' macdonald after that..... Jnr after a trial at the the time, he claimed TV - YouTube UK government has taken approach... The betrayal emerged get in front of an audience at the about their and. Enable local businesses to get in front of an audience at the, ferris accused his friend.