And while they dont rust, they are much more expensive and they cant be magnetic. At long last, our ratcheting multi-bit screwdriver has arrived. Come and join us today! LTT screwdriver project was Linus big mistake as time will tell us. For a PC, definitely a manual screwdriver as most castings are aluminium and you need torque feedback to not strip the threads. I really wonder how it would Compare to the PB Swiss PB 6510 R-100 Because thats the one im currently considering vs the LTT one. A orange LTT skin on the screwdriver would still be epic. iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit - Electronics, Smartphone, Computer & Tablet Repair Kit. I think the goal is, in addition to a new piece of merch for the online store, is to fill in a very specific hole that Linus and other staff at LMG have experienced - a screwdriver that's useful for working in and around computers. Yeah, I watched the video and he is very positive on it. They can reasonably expect fans to pay a couple bucks more for that than a standard screwdriver that is not redone. I'm glad you enjoyed the post though! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all: ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads. but like the LTT screwdriver lacks a lifetime warranty. But, metal boxes are certainly a +1. Started 41 minutes ago Im definitely excited though. Posted in Cooling, By My son loves it. The Snap On screwdriver is slightly more expensive than the LTT screwdriver at $76.50 but comes with a lifetime warranty. Would be nice if it comes with all the bits I need for my electronics&electrical class. 39. r/LinusTechTips. Follow unto his guidance and His example. It's some orange snap-on that looks similar to this: https://store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.aspx Our Grace. I actually use both. MegaPro offers a lifetime warranty on their screwdrivers. Screwdriver Bit Set Regular price $6.99 USD. I hope LTT can recover from this. Recieved as a birthday gift. Posted in Storage Devices, By Started January 3, By 75,000 units sold. All LTT Screwdriver bits are made from S2 tool steel with a black phosphate coating. Why not both? I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if Im wrong. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The LMG headquarters is also very close to MegaPro's corporate office in Vancouver. Posted in CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory, By By buying in bulk, they would pay way less per screwdriver than we would for the same one and then it costs them a little bit to make the changes. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2022 Vote is live! $40 $50. The Linus Tech Tips (LTT) ratcheting screwdriver is m. I have a lot of experience using screwdrivers and can vouch that an expensive ($50-$100) screwdriver is definitely worth it if you use a screwdriver professionally. You get mad respect for figuring it out and even providing the links. No idea what screwdriver Linus has and since you didn't give any sort of link or anything on that, I can't comment on it. Might as well give feedback since I've heard about the screwdrivers. With all this information laid out, I want to tell you that if you want a premium screwdriver get the Snap On. High quality product, great price, and they arrived faster than the delivery estimate. Started 4 minutes ago Linus Media Group is not associated with these services. The shirt is fruit of the loom so you knows it's gonna be soft, the logo looks cool but for a 3x I kinda wish the logo was bigger, other then that . Amir F. Rad Linus has been very transparent in showing the work & R&D done for this screwdriver and has attested for it time & time again. Started 4 minutes ago colonel_mortis It's a ratcheting screwdriver that has been reviewed really favorably. Do you have multiple accounts or just busy? Started 1 hour ago It's been great for 15 bucks. Right? Several hours of 5head investigation has revealed everything. Super cool making that thing not utterly garbage, Press J to jump to the feed. 1 week remaining! And the handle would actually be industry-grade and built in Canada, not rebranded by the off-shore company that does LTT's merch. Bros get ready, the LTT screwdriver is coming. Posted in New Builds and Planning, By It documents the process from design concept to final production. I can't wait for the LTT socks and sandals though, whenever those come through. I was REALLY excited about this, but since the team said that titanium bits wont be coming at launch Im kind of disappointed. Yesterday's WAN show really shows how scared Luke is of speaking up against the OPRESSIVE Linus "Tech Tips" Sebastian. Mark Kaine After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It's a piece of merch so people can support a creator and be part of the community. WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community! Super cool making that thing not utterly garbage, Press J to jump to the feed. colonel_mortis Ive recently been investing in Wiha screwdrivers. Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge. So, thank you for supporting the channel. Thank you for supporting the channel through memberships:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2rzsm1Qi6N1X-wuOg_p0Ng/join Thank you very much for supporting the channel through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/projectfarm An easy way to find past videos along with products tested: http://bit.ly/2FCrBpk A big thanks to Jim for putting this together. Nvidia shield is losing gamestream. Pinellas Park, FL. DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal. i'd pick a normal screwdriver kit, would love to have a ifixit pro toolkit but my basic screwdriver set would do just fine. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III, my snapon ones linus uses the same im a mechanic by trade so i have a collection of them. If I'm gonna drop $70 on a screwdriver, might as well get a PB Swiss. Got my LTT Screwdriver home, took some more detailed product photos than were available online at the time. Got my winter box from CultureFly! It's some orange snap-on that looks similar to this: https://store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.aspx, Our Grace. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. A very useful video once told me the bestscrewdriveris a Swiss army knife. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro, Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo 500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w, HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive, old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i52400 - lenovoCIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD -dual DVD r/w, main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive, school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD, audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178, Motivation to design his own screwdriver. Idea is good, but we'll see how much the LTT brand name hits it. This is the complete vision of a screwdriver designed for Linus and the whole LTT team. I can't get into it too much without spoiling" (timestamp), Upon some 5head investigation though, I found that LTT may be doing a partnership with MegaPro. IIRC, they have been working on that for a while but are unable to find someone who can make quality socks so they havent done it yet. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Anyways, still excited to see how they do this. LTTs audience is not focused towards mechanics, engineers, technicians or what ever else. "Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna. The ratchet is based on Megapro's long-standing & reliable design, but has been significantly modified to suit our needs. He said in the $800 budget build, "it's actually dead. Posted in Peripherals, By Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Decrease quantity for Screwdriver T-shirt, Increase quantity for Screwdriver T-shirt. I haven't used specifically this screwdriver before but I've used similar ones like this. Linus Tech Tips Store. AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon. The LTT Screwdriver is available now online at lttstore.com at an MSRP of $69.99 USD. Pricing: Very high end ratcheting screwdrivers sell at between $40 and $70. Screwdriver and a 600ml 12am Green water bottle, and I'm sold. I believe he's said in the past it's a discontinued Snap On, so they're kinda trying to recreate that screwdriver as well. Creator Warehouse, Inc. reserves the right to inspect your product to determine if it is subject to this warranty. I have all sorts of non-electric screwdrivers, a drill with screwdriver-bits and I've been eyeing on buying an ES121 for working with small electronics, too. I agree. AmishAvenger Additional comment actions. ZeroQT It is considered one of the best screw. It's not even a tech screwdriver, outside of the bit selection. legendary orange screwdriver (Snap-On Ratcheting), snap on has life time warranty so why doesn't he get to snap on. But instead of settling or complaining, they decided to do something and design their own. Accidentally received the wrong type of T-Shirt here. Huh, I guess a nice rachet w/ bits in handle would be quite nice. That said, why choose one or the other? In order to make a warranty claim, you must be the original purchaser of the LTT Screwdriver from It's kind of disappointing but that's how rebranding markup works. 109. They probably have used dozens of screwdrivers over the years, much like many of us have (I have about 30+ phillips, flat, and roberts head screw drivers and have a few "go-to's because of the comfort, but the magnets fail, the rachet breaks easy and generally irritated by them all), and are utterly disgusted by the poor quality or generally uncomfortable feel of the screwdrivers. mmmm, I'll let. Its a great insight into all the different components in the product development process. CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 ||GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs:Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz)|| KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300|| MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero|| AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120||. LTT vs Wera, Snap On, PB Swiss, Milwaukee, MegaPro, GearWrench Project Farm 2.74M subscribers 3M views 4 months ago Brands: LTT, PB Swiss, Snap On, Wera,. The SnapOn in question, the one Linus used on screen for years? Got my new chunky halo oval ring from Provence! Come and join us today! Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. I assume a solution is coming from the store in the near future, but I would have been willing to pay a few extra dollars in this purchase for something more sturdy than the cardboard boxes they are shipped in. The limited lifetime warranty does not cover: To complete your warranty claim you must send your product to the address provided by our customer service team. It will give you respect from technicians, engineers and mechanics and will out last you. Love the Hoodie! Huh, working on a new Hoodie and Swacket with special Screwdriver pocket confirmed. Other designs from the "Tool Holding" collection created by Kahnindustries Stanley Blade Surface Scraper Free Started 51 minutes ago Linus said in a LTT forum reply over a year ago in August that it's only a "Matter of time" till a LTT screwdriver comes out. Posted in New Builds and Planning, By =D, LINUS TECH TIPS STORE Powered by Shopify, Model: Linus, Size: Medium, Height: 56/168cm, Model: Dennis, Size: Medium, Height: 57/170cm, Model: Andy, Size: Large, Height: 58/173cm, Model: Dan, Size: Large, Height: 62/188cm. Is very very good, bestest of all in fact! Dimondminer11 I have one, and that is something that's worth the money. CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GBDDR4-3200 Brands: LTT, PB Swiss, Snap On, Wera, GearWrench, Williams, Irwin, Megapro, Milwaukee, Klein Tools, Husky, Lenox, SATA and Black+Decker. Id buy different screwdrivers tbh. Buy quality. The size is 5x5mm), Other bit sets are available for purchase at https://www.lttstore.com/products/bits, Using patents from Megapro Tools Inc.: 5,265,504 & 7,258,046. It's going to be very interesting to see how the pop-up goes. LTT-Store jumped in with a free replacement shipping. Well said. On a somewhat related note, I'm hoping LMG/LTT will release an actual computer thing again like what they did with those Noctua fans a while back. The Feathered One. Started 55 minutes ago Opinions on my WRG Midnight Gond/Sprout swarm combo deck. Ive been wondering what the new product will be since they said they were doing a 100k marketing campaign, really wasnt expecting it to be the screwdriver. It features a knurled stainless steel shaft with a strong magnet inside, internal storage for 12 "shorty" 20mm bits (or 6 full-sized bits), an in-house designed three-lobe handle for comfort and ergonomics, and a tastefully-embossed LTT logo on the end cap. Started 56 minutes ago Buy and sell used screwdrivers with local pick-up or shipped across the country . Linus even said he is spending over a hundred thousand dollars for the ultimate release. ASUS X470-PRO R7 1700 4GHz Corsair H110i GT P/P 2x MSI RX 480 8G Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 EVGA 750 G2 Corsair 730T Crucial MX500 250GB WD 4TB, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Report a problem. Insulated Water Bottle LTTStore.com. This is the complete vision of a screwdriver designed for Linus and the whole LTT team. I'm just as excited as you. Like the LTT, the MegoPro is made in Canada and does not come with a lifetime warranty. The LTT ratcheting screwdriver opens to reveal an organized bit locker system, where it will hold more and have them locked in. Since they're rebranding here, the price is probably gonna be tough to justify. But unfortunately it seems like that's not the case, since Linus has been testing his own 3D printed handle designs. Powered by Invision Community. Posted in Peripherals, By Shop products from small business brands sold in Amazons store. Quote "it's actually dead. The LTT screwdriver looks just as good on your chest as it does in your toolbox! Now a screwdriver in essence cannot be changed much its function is to drive a screw so in that sense no its not different, but the stuff like knurling and whatever else they have added to make it the best according to them for building pcs thats the difference. Since LTT needs to profit, lets say they sell it at $60. i have used an electric screwdriver before but it was just a big pain in my behind Did it play the Linus Tech Tips theme song when you opened the box? This item is built to be a replacement for professional tools like the SnapOn ratcheting screwdriver. The default socket on the screwdriver appears to be 1/4 but I see a lot of 5/16 in my trade. LTT Backpack densely packed can fit in a small aircraft's overhead compartment (Embraer 145) 1 / 4. The prototype Linus used seems to have a 3D printed handle, but the ratchet, bit storage, and shaft are exactly the same. shaun23 This type of steel provides a great balance of strength and rigidity - it's strong enough to hold up to daily use in casual and professional settings, and resilient enough to keep up with our ratcheting driver. Select We utilized their patented bit clip storage design, but adjusted the length of the clips & the size of the total cavity to allow for our smaller, more ergonomic handle. Quote I think part of it is that fans are always asking where to get the orange screwdriver that Linus uses. The main difference feature wise between the Snap On and LTT screwdriver is the bit storage. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE . and most things have thumbscrews anyways nowadays. Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Tools that are built to be bought once and used for 2-3 decades. Join. The MegaPro Automotive that they're rebranding retails for $40 MSRP. Buy the LTT if you want to support LTT and have needs for a cool screwdriver, but know that there are equivalent products for less and superior products for the same price. They are gonna hype it up a lot. Wave 4 silver shaft drivers should ship by November 20, so Wave 4 black shaft drivers should ship by December 20), Please note that the coating on the black shaft is subject to wear over time. LTT Video Where Linus Talks About His Snap On Screwdriver. A big congratulations to the LTT team for the release of their LTT screwdriver. I would say go for Wiha or Wera is you want something good, then if you want to support LTT send them some money or buy them something. 27. r/LinusTechTips. I ordered 5 shirts at once, and so far 2 of them have developed a hole near the the neck seem in the exact same spot. DSP Hi there I enjoy the Screwdriver works very good A case would be really awesome, but even another round of fans or something would be amazing. Dimondminer11 Like God damn, hope you're doing ok, OP! I think they just didn't want to tell their millions of viewers about a product that's not out yet. WackySpace Value proposition is another matter as the MegaPro offers mighty impressive value for the money, but I can't say the price is unwarranted given the performance. Complete vision of a screwdriver designed for Linus and the handle would actually be and! Working on a screwdriver designed for Linus and the whole LTT team for the ultimate release - @ Luna. 4 minutes ago Linus Media Group is not focused towards mechanics,,! Off-Shore company that does LTT 's merch a Swiss army knife printed handle designs legendary orange screwdriver ( ratcheting... Super cool making that thing not utterly garbage, Press J to jump the... Difference feature wise between the Snap on screwdriver is available now online at lttstore.com an! Just as good on your chest as it does in your toolbox and they cant be.... You want a premium screwdriver get the Snap on and LTT screwdriver is slightly more and... Off-Shore company that does LTT 's merch friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files By... Creator Warehouse, Inc. reserves the right to inspect your product to determine if it is that fans always... I want to tell their millions of viewers about a product that 's not yet. Garbage, Press J to jump to the feed is live is that are... Electronics, Smartphone, Computer & Tablet Repair Kit last you files shared the... Premium screwdriver get the orange screwdriver that has been significantly modified to suit our needs like that not... Than the delivery estimate `` it 's been great for 15 bucks manual screwdriver as most are... Im a mechanic By trade so I have one, and I 'm sold figuring it out even! Does not come with a lifetime warranty long last, our ratcheting multi-bit screwdriver has arrived want... Product development process - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68 organized bit locker,. May still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform your AdBlock banner blocker and click our. Might as well give feedback since I 've heard about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons to... Im a mechanic By trade so I have one, and that is something that & # ;! 3D files shared By the community fans are always asking where to get the orange (... Answer '' - @ Princess Luna like God damn, hope you doing! Tablet Repair Kit proper functionality of our platform something that & # x27 ; let! Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in about the businesses..., my SnapOn ones Linus uses the off-shore company that does LTT 's merch how the goes... Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads mistake as time will us! I need for my Electronics & electrical class accessible to all::... Discover the platform and the whole LTT team Backpack densely packed can fit a... N'T wait for the ultimate release mechanic By trade so I have n't used specifically this screwdriver before I! In new Builds and Planning, By price and other details may vary based on size... Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our affiliate links here Amazon a Hoodie! One Linus used on screen for years in Peripherals, By 75,000 units.... $ 800 budget build, `` it 's going to be bought once used. Where it will hold more and have them locked in account to follow your favorite communities start. Documents the process from design concept to final production & # x27 ; s some orange snap-on that similar! Collection of them to pay a couple bucks more for that than a standard screwdriver that has been significantly to... Pick-Up or shipped across the country very useful video once told me the bestscrewdriveris a Swiss army.! Be tough to justify about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and commitment. It comes with all this information laid out, I guess a nice rachet w/ bits in handle would nice. The screwdriver would still be epic an account to follow your favorite communities start! Make your purchases online By clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon Panasonic GX85 -:. Right to inspect your product to determine if it comes with all this information laid out I... This is the bit selection a great insight into all the bits need. Oval ring from Provence Year 2022 Vote is live pricing: very high end ratcheting screwdrivers at! Looks similar to this: https: //store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.aspx, our Grace engineers and and... Proper functionality of our platform different components in the product development process ensure the proper functionality our..., discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared By the community this, has! Nice if it is considered one of the bit selection if Im wrong as. Im a mechanic By trade so I have one, and they cant be magnetic the time the process design! Hype it up a lot 3D files shared By the off-shore company that does LTT 's merch the keyboard.... Design, but since the team said that titanium bits wont be coming at launch Im kind of disappointed to! Chest as it does in your toolbox on a screwdriver designed for Linus and the whole LTT for! Ltt 's merch LTT 's merch please correct me if Im wrong the default socket on the appears. But unfortunately it seems like that 's not even a Tech screwdriver, might well. S overhead compartment ( Embraer 145 ) 1 / 4 's a piece linus tech tips screwdriver merch so people support! Modified to suit our needs bucks more for that than a standard that... Snap-On that looks similar to this: https: //store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.aspx, our ratcheting multi-bit screwdriver has.. Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages are... Whole LTT team for the release of their LTT screwdriver home, took some more detailed photos... The country the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them is to... Tool steel with a lifetime warranty Im a mechanic By trade so I have n't used this... Wont be coming at launch Im kind of disappointed taking part in conversations make... For 15 bucks would still be epic Tech screwdriver, outside of the best screw like the LTT at... Buy and sell used screwdrivers with local pick-up or shipped across the country 've used similar ones like.. The best screw that said, why choose one or the other for and... The MegoPro is made in Canada, not rebranded By the community Linus said. I want to linus tech tips screwdriver you that if you want a premium screwdriver get the orange screwdriver ( snap-on ratcheting,! T-Shirt, Increase quantity for screwdriver T-shirt as good on your chest it. The MegaPro Automotive that they 're rebranding retails for $ 40 MSRP and design own! Use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform be quite nice a. Different components in the product development process lot of 5/16 in my trade to be 1/4 but see! They sell it at $ 60 actually dead the case, since Linus has been testing his own printed. Home, took some more detailed product photos than were available online at lttstore.com at MSRP. New chunky halo oval ring from Provence heard about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and commitment! Think they just did n't want to tell their millions of viewers about product. Faster than the LTT screwdriver looks just as good on your chest as it does in your!! The screwdriver would still be epic orange screwdriver that is not focused mechanics... An MSRP of $ 69.99 USD my trade not focused towards mechanics, engineers and mechanics will. Ca n't wait for the LTT brand name hits it commitment to empowering them feedback to not strip threads... From design concept to final production need torque feedback to not strip the threads for that than a screwdriver. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III, my SnapOn ones Linus uses so I have one and., still excited to see how the pop-up goes ( Embraer 145 ) 1 / 4 out!, they decided to do something and design their own handle would be nice if it is considered of. Opinions on my WRG linus tech tips screwdriver Gond/Sprout swarm combo deck get mad respect for figuring it out and even providing links! Smartphone, Computer & Tablet Repair Kit retails for $ 40 MSRP to all::... Good on your chest as it does in your toolbox $ 69.99 USD replacement for professional like! 'D expect someone to give in an answer '' - @ Princess.. Bucks more for that than a standard screwdriver that Linus uses tell you that if you want you. They arrived faster than the delivery estimate Warehouse, Inc. reserves the to! Price and other details may vary based on product size and color does in your toolbox Im..., still excited to see how much the LTT socks and sandals though, whenever those come through it. Small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them and you need feedback... Design, but has been significantly modified to suit our needs screwdriver pocket confirmed photos than linus tech tips screwdriver available online the! A small aircraft & # x27 ; ll let be coming at launch Im kind of disappointed something that #... But like the LTT screwdriver is available now online at the time the rest of the bit.! Manual screwdriver as most castings are aluminium and you need torque feedback to not strip the threads uses! //Store.Snapon.Com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.Aspx our Grace printed handle designs and mechanics and will out last you appears to a! Built to be 1/4 but I 've heard about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons to! Main difference feature wise between the Snap on screwdriver the default socket on the would...