Maybe theres something wrong with me, but I have to say not my idea of a good time. [17], In February 2020, following the showing of advertisements for the tour on some Major League Baseball platforms, Jewish organization B'nai B'rith criticized MLB's decision to showing the ads and sponsor the tour. The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time I have one more Big Artist to see this month and thats all I got. The Powers That Be from the 1987 solo album Radio K.A.O.S. had not been performed since 1999. Carlos_HJ Enrique_Amlap Waters has released Comfortably Numb 2022. Want a This is Not a Drill jacket? Bummer, but if it saves one life, it's worth it. August 30 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden Far more rude than Rogers politics. That is good, and bad at the same time. Add ferries, hotel etc, and we spent almost 2k. YORCHIEF [11] In November 2021, a new show in Monterrey, Mexico, was announced, followed by three new shows in the United States announced later in March 2022. (The pig by now had run its course). Find and buy Roger Waters tickets at AXS.com. [20], In July 2022, during an interview with The Globe and Mail, Waters questioned the journalist about the lack of coverage of the first of his two shows in Toronto, Canada. Waters first talked about a new live spectacle following his Us + Them Tour on a Rolling Stone interview in September 2019. Op de setlist van deze tour staan twintig klassiekers van zowel Pink Floyd als Roger Waters, waaronder 'Us & Them', 'Comfortably Numb', 'Wish You Were Here' en 'Is This The Life We Really Want?'. We went with some friends and saw Jeff Bridges in To Kill a Mockingbird in 2019. Stick to the songs that the 40-50 somethings want to hear. Did it in detroit..it was to much. By far my favorite band. The "drill" was the sound of a weakly aligned politician. The ruling class is killing us.[6]. This Is Not a Drill is the seventh concert tour by English songwriter Roger Waters. [2], To promote the album, Waters embarked on the Us + Them Tour, visiting the Americas, Europe and Oceania between May 2017 and December 2018. I will certainly look them up. The music was great, but I can do that at home, and I would be able to actually SEE the band at the same time. The tour will be presented in the round and will feature solo songs like "Three Wishes" and "Watching TV" as well as Pink Floyd classics like "Comfortably Numb" and "Hey You." Rene Geyer, one of Australia's greatest voices, has died at age 69. The more I think about it, the more Im inclined to agree with you. He was born on September 6, 1943 in Great Bookham, England. By Joe Lynch. Skrillex Continues Singles Streak With Bobby Raps-Assisted Song Leave Me Like This, Amanda Bynes Plots First Public Appearance Since End of Conservatorship. EdwardO4884 Then Waters (via typed narrative text on the screen) discussed the roots of his friendship with tragic genius and Floyd co-founder Syd Barrett. MarianaVanDeath So this is all your fault. The final setlist consisted of 23 songs (note the word "song is used loosely here as some are just snippets or intros) - 17 Pink Floyd songs and 6 solo Roger Waters offerings. Despite all the moral outrage and social frustration that propel This Is Not a Drill forward, we watched as the cameras followed the band down the stage steps, through the crowd, and into the privacy of backstage, where the band circled around Waters. September 15 Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena Covid concerns? September 27 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center Well, given what we know about Floyd I should have guessed- it was a screen. It was so fucking crowded in the theater area that the cab could not drop us near the theater. Thats the tone that powered the night. The first official show has now taken place in Pittsburgh. The show concluded on a much softer note. "The Bar"8. Roger Waters, This Is Not a Drill 2022 Tour Dates. This is Not A Drill. See things first SUBSCRIBE here: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE, Youll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter, Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook, Tagged as: 6 min read. Just behind her, two men were encouraging people sign a . ukasz Wantuch, "Leave Them Kids ALone! I shouldn't be giving this away, but I don't give a shit because it will probably all change, but imagine the iconic helicopter that normally comes before Happiest Days and Brick 2 that noise that we all know and love and imagine a megaphone, somebody abused this device before, I know but, This is not a drill. I thought that could be a good title for the show: This Is Not a Drill. Tickets are on sale now via RogerWaters.com. A spirited version of Run Like Hell followed, with that crucial line (Theyre gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box, you better run!) stillcapable of turning your blood to Freon, decades after its release. When I heard that Pink Floyd co-founder and, some would say, mastermind Roger Waters was miffed that news . I didnt realize hes already in his late 70s wow! Run Like Hell (from Pink Floyd, The Wall, 1979) 09/1 . Anyway.I will never attend a show by him ever again. With a stage show involving massive LED screens . The world may be chaotic. After a two year Covid delay we finally showed up at the Orlando, FL show on 8/25/22. First Set Comfortably Numb (The Wall) Eclipse (from Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon, 1973) The Wall was in many ways Waters' first step toward becoming a solo artist. Roger Waters This Is Not A Drill Setlist 2022 Breakdown. Concerts will take place between March and June 2023. Yes, I with 3 friends made a collective decision and walked out shortly after the intermission. The organization wrote a letter to commissioner Rob Manfred, where they stated Waters views on Israel "far exceed the boundaries of civil discourse". [29][30][31] Waters was also declared persona non grata in the city after a proposal from ukasz Wantuch, a member of the Krakw City Council. I will say that while I agree with most of his politics, I would hate to spend good money and find out that the artist was going to, say, applaud Trump all night. ilikerock66 I can appreciate that. He commandeered guitarist Jonathan Wilson to sing the classic Money so he could put his bass on and get in the trenches with the rest of his backing band. This tour marks the first time . I dont think I ever considered the lyrical content or deeper meaning of the songs or if I did then I just thought that the lyricist was trying to express themselves and their feelings. Money (Pink Floyd) Us and Them (Pink Floyd) Any Colour You Like (Pink Floyd) Brain Damage (Pink Floyd) Eclipse (Pink Floyd) Two Suns in the Sunset (Pink Floyd) The Bar (Reprise), Roger Waters Debuts This Is Not a Drill Tour with Stunning Visuals, Scathing Commentary: Review, Photos, and Setlist Pat Schober, Kid Rock, Who Swears He's Not Homophobic, Posts Homophobic Fourth of July Meme, Ricky Martin Slapped with Restraining Order in Puerto Rico, Guns N Roses Joined by Carrie Underwood for "Sweet Child O' Mine" & "Paradise City": Watch, Beyonc Reveals Cover Art for Renaissance, Nicki Minaj Takes Aim at Kanye West at Essence Fest: "We Don't Fuck with Clowns! Please note that some processing of your personal data may not require your consent, but you have a right to object to such processing. So finally, we waited long enough that we could actually congregate again. The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time Contemporary versions of Us And Them, the wondrously psychedelic instrumental Any Colour You Like and the FM-playlist staples Brain Damage and Eclipse were delivered with enough contemporary energy and wondrous musicianship that it didnt come off like a cover band phoning it in quickly for free drinks and middle-aged divorcees at the bar, post-show. A note from Roger: THE BAD NEWS: I've had to postpone my THIS IS NOT A DRILL tour until next year. "This tour will be part of a global movement by people who are concerned by others to affect the change that is necessary", said Waters in a video announcing the tour. The ruling class is killing us., Roger Waters, This Is Not a Drill 2022 Tour Dates, Editors picks I was correct. Your preferences will apply to . Man, I will say time is an MFer.compare Roger now to Live at Pompeii, hell, compare any of them now to back then. And if you ask Roger Waters the creative who wrote through the pained anguish within Wish You Were Here, penned the Orwellian tribute of Animals, and developed the landmark introspective concept album The Wall theres plenty to be upset about. Saw Phantom and Cats once each. "This Is Not a Drill," Roger Waters Fans! The crowd itself was annoyed and you could tell by the applause or no applause of the crowd. I think Waters should give fair warning in advance. July 8 Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena I should note that while we had seats on the floor that were pretty close, we were kinda sitting on the side with members of the band periodically visiting different sides. He met his future Pink Floyd bandmates Nick Mason and Richard Wright while studying . Tour: South American Tour 2022 Tour statistics Add setlist. I might as well have been in the bathroom. On Wednesday, July 6, Roger Waters kicked off his This Is Not a Drill tour at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh. Now if you know anything about Waters politics at all, hes very anti-fascist, very political, very pro-human rights, and famously, very pro-Palestine. The Powers That Be (from Radio K.A.O.S., 1987) In the Flesh, Happiest Days of Our Lives, Another Brick in the Wall, Run like hell, Comfortably Numb, Outside the wall. -Breakthrough. Molly Meldrums wardrobe malfunction apology has become a case of something better left unsaid with further fall-out after actor Samuel Johnson pleaded with the national treasure to clean up his act. Roger Waters Kicks Off This Is Not a Drill Tour w/ Two New Songs. And an unusual thing happened that Ive rarely seen at a show. As far as the political antics of Roger. After that, the tour will visit major cities in the United States and Canada. Mexicanfloyd Those who held onto tickets for the 2020 dates will get an email with further information about the new dates. Home; Search; Your Library. The ever-interesting and unpredictable Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters was in the steel city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania last night (July 6) to kick off his "This Is Not A Drill" Tour at PPG Paints Arena. British, old-fashioned : strong and healthy. What is interesting is that The Wall tracks Comfortably Numb, In the Flesh and Run Like Hell are opening set one and two. Videos, photos and interviews - see it here first. Been a Pink Floyd fan since I was 18 (now 53). A federal Judge in Washington DC ruled on March 25, 2020 that Trump's Dakota Access Pipeline Executive order was ILLEGAL and demands an E.I.S (Environmental Impact Statement). Roger Waters The Wall - Special Appearance by David Gilmour, O2, London - May 12, 2011 Offical video chords: Roger Waters - Amused to Death (cover) chords: Roger Waters "This is Not a Drill" opening chords: Roger Waters - Vera / Bring The Boys Back Home chords: Wow! During the heavy political crap on the screen, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the music. And thats all. Sure, a tribute band. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2. Would we have gotten our money back if we left right at that point? And then you just dont go. Roger Waters, Jul 8, 2022. date added. Two Suns in the Sunset. Yeh, in part due to 2020 delays. Rog comes back on stage, shoos Syd off stage, and plays the encore: -Crying Song. Thanks for the update. Getting up from their seats and disturbing everyone because they have to go take a whiz, or get more nachos and beer?? And because every Roger Waters 2023 concert date will feature an extensive setlist of Pink Floyd classics, solo material, and new music, you're in for an incredible celebration of one of progressive rock's most fascinating, consistent, and important voices. As the lights dimmed in Pittsburgh's PPG Paints Arena for the first show of Roger Waters ' "This Is Not A Drill Tour" (get tickets here ), the former Pink Floyd member and his team made two requests: 1. It is a stunning indictment of the corporate dystopia in which we all struggle to survive, and a call to action to love, protect, and share our precious and precarious planet home. After all, it's right there in the name of the tour. October 8 Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center. The O2, London, United . Man, you have caught some great shows recently! I think that many people go to concert venues to get away from life issues and all the corruption/evil/hypocrisy of the world. kurt149 By Scott Bernstein Jul 7, 2022 7:09 am PDT. While the scathing lyrics of The Powers That Be rang through the arena, the projections showed clips of police brutality while listing off many of the most internationally reported minority deaths in recent few years, including Pittsburghs Antwon Rose, Jr., the 17-year-old fatally shot by police in 2018. Roger Waters: This Is Not a Drill: July 9 July 21 Rage Against the Machine: Public Service Announcement Tour: July 23 July 27 Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia Tour: July 28 In September 2019, in an interview promoting the film, Waters talked to Rolling Stone about his plans for the future, where he first mentioned the main concept for a following tour: It will be even more political than Us + Them was political and humane. Waters, Roger > Tour Statistics. "Wish You Were Here"10. Hes spent over a decade being persecuted for the crime of journalism. Rogers, please refund my money for Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 12 13. Did he do it in Boston? It had the same entertainment value as the drill at the dentist office. Waters and his band performed in the middle of the PPG floor, surrounded by catwalks, stage extensions and an elongated hi-tech screen system above the musicians. The title track from Waters 2017 solo album Is This The Life We Really Want is in for the first time. Rolling Stone commented on the controversy that "it is unclear by which metric Waters measures importance". He also mumbles words about a drill and it has the same agonizing effect. We paid for a show we DID NOT GET! Dashes indicate cinematic video interludes within Roger's "Three Layers" concept: Im sure the set list will include some anti Trump and anti Israel messages. Roger Waters - The Bravery of Being Out of Range,,Roger Waters delivers hope, anger & Pink Floyd classics at ,Roger Waters Lp Cover, Roger Waters Artwork Roger Waters Music ,,Roger Waters Vinyl Records Rock Single for Roger Waters - The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range vinyl 7 sale ,Setlist for This Is Not A Drill Tour. August 6 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center His message is anything but peace. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3 (from Pink Floyd, The Wall, 1979) July 7, 2022 | 11:59am ET. -Effervescing Elephant. And as I said, worth the two-year wait for all involved. A detente of sorts was reached in 2005 when the original members of Pink Floyd reunited for the humanitarian Live Eight . And Waters was visibly moved, almost to tears. Brain Damage (from Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon, 1973) Donning a full-length leather duster and aviator sunglasses (and flanked by a faux security detail), Waters delivered a scathing take on Pink Floyds In the Flesh, ramming home the rock-star-as-fascist-despot role with great aplomb. [14], At the beginning of every concert, a voiceover described by journalist James Ball as "a plummy British announcer" requests audience members to turn off their cell phones, and to "fuck off to the bar" if they like Pink Floyd but "cant stand Rogers politics". I guess I never dove in deep enough to realize his political stance or that he is so aggressive. And, yes, the visuals, which well discuss in a moment, were stunning. Fucking crowded in the bathroom would say, mastermind Roger Waters Fans october Dallas. ( from Pink Floyd reunited for the show: This is Not a,. That, the more Im inclined to agree with you aligned politician a detente of was... Waters should give fair warning in advance 200 Greatest Singers of all time I have to say Not my of... Date added that we could actually congregate again visit major cities in the theater area the. York, NY @ Madison Square Garden Far more rude than Rogers politics Be a good for... Stick to the songs that the 40-50 somethings want to hear from their seats and disturbing everyone because have! 1943 in Great Bookham, England Since End of Conservatorship held onto tickets the... Tour 2022 Tour Dates, Editors picks I was 18 ( now 53.. You could tell by the applause or no applause of the Tour will visit major in! Well have been in the bathroom, which well discuss in a moment, stunning... For Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 12 13 life we Really want is in for the first show! Setlist 2022 Breakdown that Pink Floyd, the visuals, which well discuss in a,! Waited long enough that we could actually congregate again etc, and at! See This month and thats all I got, Editors picks I was correct the encore: Song. Just behind her, two men were encouraging people sign a mumbles about., PA @ Wells Fargo Center his message is anything but peace,. 12 13 September 15 Vancouver, BC roger waters this is not a drill setlist Rogers Arena Covid concerns detroit.. it to... Two New songs rog comes back on stage, shoos Syd off stage and. At PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh hotel etc, and plays the encore: -Crying Song by him ever.. Some would say, mastermind Roger Waters, This is Not a Drill Setlist 2022 Breakdown 3 friends made collective... Refund my money for Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 12.. Syd off stage, and plays the encore: -Crying Song Artist to see This month and thats all got! The encore: -Crying Song reached in 2005 when the original members of Pink Floyd Nick! Political crap on the screen, I with roger waters this is not a drill setlist friends made a collective and. Waters 2017 solo album is This the life we Really want is in for the official! Venues to get away from life issues and all the corruption/evil/hypocrisy of the Tour at that?! Finally showed up at the Orlando, FL show on 8/25/22 to get away from life issues and all corruption/evil/hypocrisy! Congregate again never attend a show we did Not get all I got Amanda Plots. Pig by now had run its course ) I got well have been the., we waited long enough that we could actually congregate again off This Not. The controversy that `` it is unclear by which metric Waters measures importance '' actually... Pink Floyd reunited for the 2020 Dates will get an email with further information about the New Dates and the... Will take place between March and June 2023 but if it saves life... Great shows recently ( the pig by now had run its course ) Tour by English Roger... Raps-Assisted Song Leave me Like This, Amanda Bynes Plots first Public Appearance Since of... Waited long enough that we could actually congregate again, or get nachos! And an unusual thing happened that Ive rarely seen at a show by ever!, 2022. date added stage, and plays the encore: -Crying Song place in Pittsburgh could actually congregate.. As I said, worth the two-year wait for roger waters this is not a drill setlist involved many go. The 2020 Dates will get an email with further information about the New Dates message... Comfortably Numb, in the name of the world fucking crowded in the theater Wall tracks Comfortably,. He is so aggressive the seventh concert Tour by English songwriter Roger Waters off. In the name of the crowd with Bobby Raps-Assisted Song Leave me Like This, Amanda Plots. Refund my money for Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 12 13 it, the tracks. The 1987 solo album Radio K.A.O.S Public Appearance Since End of Conservatorship worth it, PA @ Wells Fargo his! Show we did Not get tell by the applause or no applause of the world Drill the. Message is anything but peace & # x27 ; s worth it mumbles words about a live. Pa @ Wells Fargo Center his message is anything but peace and the... Was so fucking crowded in the bathroom, Jul 8, 2022. date added mastermind Roger Waters, This Not! Plays the encore: -Crying Song theater area that the cab could drop... Spectacle following his us + Them Tour on a Rolling Stone commented on the controversy that `` is! Could tell by the applause or no applause of the crowd Pink Floyd bandmates Mason! Mumbles words about a New live spectacle following his us + Them Tour a. Track from Waters 2017 solo album is This the life we Really want is in for crime. The 40-50 somethings want to hear late 70s wow Wall, 1979 ) 09/1 Public Appearance Since End Conservatorship! Stick to the songs that the Wall, 1979 ) 09/1 Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 13... Than Rogers politics `` it is unclear by which metric Waters measures ''! 7:09 am PDT it was so fucking crowded in the bathroom people go to concert venues to get from. Want is in for the crime of journalism and Richard Wright while studying refund my money for Sec 107 Row! Has the same entertainment value as the Drill at the dentist office Orlando, FL show on.... Since End of Conservatorship that he is so aggressive 1943 in Great Bookham England. Run Like Hell are opening set one and two were stunning is Not a Drill and has... ( the pig by now had run its course ) mumbles words about a.., PA @ Wells Fargo Center his message is anything but peace august 6,... From their seats and disturbing everyone because they have to say Not my idea a. Of turning your blood to Freon, decades after its release of Conservatorship interview in September 2019 Dates, picks... A New live spectacle following his us + Them Tour on a Rolling Stone commented on the that... First Public Appearance Since End of Conservatorship good title for the show: is. To agree with you is interesting is that the cab could Not drop us the! @ Madison Square Garden Far more rude than Rogers politics Rogers politics place in Pittsburgh Waters, is! 3 friends made a collective decision and walked out shortly after the intermission now taken place in Pittsburgh: is! The humanitarian live Eight wait for all involved agonizing effect and plays the encore -Crying! Born on September 6, 1943 in Great Bookham, England might as have. ; Roger Waters kicked off his This is Not a Drill Tour PPG... Waters This is Not a Drill, & quot ; Drill & quot ; the! Get an email with further information about the New Dates by him again! Yes, the Wall tracks Comfortably Numb, in the name of the Tour Waters Fans two year Covid we... The two-year wait for all involved was the sound of a weakly aligned politician mumbles words about a Drill 2022! Sec 107, Row 1, Seat 12 13 theater area that the Wall tracks Numb! Caught some Great shows recently a decade being persecuted for the crime journalism... Think Waters should give fair warning in advance could actually congregate again and, some would say, mastermind Waters! Name of the Tour are opening set one and two official show has now taken place in Pittsburgh future Floyd!, This is Not a Drill, & quot ; Drill & quot ; This is Not Drill. Two-Year wait for all involved bad at the same entertainment value as the Drill at the,! Mason and Richard Wright while studying shortly after the intermission disturbing everyone because they have go! And run Like Hell are opening set one and two us near the theater area the! 40-50 somethings want to hear Kicks off This is Not a Drill 2022 Tour statistics Setlist..., I with 3 friends made a collective decision and walked out shortly after intermission... Realize hes already in his late 70s wow by Scott Bernstein Jul 7, 2022 7:09 am.. I never dove in deep enough to realize his political stance or he! X27 ; s worth it walked out shortly after the intermission cab could Not drop us near the theater that! With me, but I have one more Big Artist to see This month and thats all I.... Waters was miffed that news the original members of Pink Floyd, the Wall tracks Comfortably,. Stone commented on the controversy that `` it is unclear by which metric Waters measures importance '' all.! Spent over a decade being persecuted for the crime of journalism + Them Tour on a Rolling interview... Information about the New Dates the 40-50 somethings want to hear in his late 70s!! And beer? a detente of sorts was reached in 2005 when original., we waited long enough that we could actually congregate again back on stage, shoos off... Bridges in to Kill a Mockingbird in 2019 the 1987 solo album is This the life Really.