Looks like we don't deliver to that state. Out of stock online and in store. The days of visiting the gift shop to score a high end bottle of the sacred bourbon (or rye) may have been replaced now by visiting The Bar at Willett for some outstanding fare, but the legend lives on with not only the WFE offerings, but in the rest of their portfolio as well. Are older bottles commanding the high prices like some of the older Old Scout single barrels? Strong spicy pepper, rye, caramel, and sweet corn. So those purple tops with age statements over 7-8 years are sourced honey barrels (some of them pretty old) likely from Heaven Hill and super well respected by those who have had them (I have not). No hype with old Willett. Caramel, cherry, and sweet fruit. Cinnamon and cola (which Ive never gotten with Willett) are my 2 favorite flavors in whiskey and In dessert. Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon Whiskey. Please enjoy our family's whiskeys in a classy manner. You should be able to get some of the newer Willet distilled stuff. Makers of Kentucky Bourbon and Kentucky Rye Whiskey. Ship to California. Check out their travel decanter, neat glass, and best-selling bottle flight today to take your spirits with you in style. Even their 80th Anniversary, which was generally seen as an average to above-average product, was instantly snatched up by fans. Shop with our friends at Aged & Ore and receive free shipping on orders over $99. Baked apple with cinnamon. Proudly created with Wix.com, Review #228 Willett Family Estate 6 Year Bourbon. Getentrepreneurial.com: Resources for Small Business Entrepreneurs in 2022. Willett, bravo!" - @operasamstagram. Caskers Rewards is our way to reward your loyalty. October 3, 2022 at 7:33 pm #9487. shinerpsp21. To this day a 18 year old Willett wheater is in my top 5 all time. Complex? Theres vanilla and a bit of caramel in there but I cant help but pick up the floral maraschino as the only interesting characteristic. The increase in release just seems like a natural outcome of their distillate finally hitting the right ages. Willett changed their bottling, or is that a special bottle I'm unaware of? For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. . Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon 5 Years Old - According to this handy Bourbonr spreadsheet, this bourbon is made with a high rye mashbill (38%) and sees an industry standard barrel entry proof of 125. I think this single barrel is more interesting than most six year old products out there, but its undeniably hot at 133.6 proof. Lovers of Willett Distillery whiskeys are sometimes referred to as a cult, as they can be fiercely loyal to everything the 86-year-old whiskey maker releases (yes, even the genie-bottled pot still), especially the Willett Family Estate vertical. Dating back to 1936, Willett has a rich history in the American whiskey world, and it shares not only its famed products but also its family roots with us today. Top 10 willett purple 3 Dating back to 1936, Willett has a rich history in the American whiskey world, and it shares not only it's famed products but also it's family roots with us today. Willett has been (relatively) flooding the market with their distillate recently - to independent bottlers/non-distilling producers (Old Kirk, Hirsch, Wolves, Barrell, and likely others) The amount of purple tops being released has increased dramatically from even 3 years ago - virtually all of these are Willett's own distillate. Michters Sour Mash Toasted, Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total), This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated. You probably know Willett for their super desirable purple top bourbons, and possibly for Noah's Mill and Rowan's Creek among other brands. Participant. Theres a bit of punishment that comes along with Willett Ferrell here, and all 133.6 proof points show up to the party. Its pretty interesting how these products flying the Old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same. Willett Purple and Green top By ptman2000, October 18, 2022 in Premium Bourbons/Specialty Bottlings Share Followers 1 1 2 Next Page 1 of 2 ptman2000 Veteran Member 73 Location: Annapolis, MD Posted October 18, 2022 This is the first year I've really noticed older Willett popping up in my market. plus also the other reasons people mentioned, a lot of legendary bottles that were sourced came out of willett. It reminds me of a cooking orange, or maybe some orange peel with a touch of brown sugar. Knowing where I stand with Willett products in general, and the maraschino background Willett note as I call it, Im interested to analyze a pour of this and see whats going on. Now that their distillate, good or bad, is hitting the desired age ranges makes sense that releases are picking up. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER. A 750mL bottle of Willett Pot Reserve is priced between $40 to $60, depending on the taxes situation in the given state or country. With regard to the cost: you might remember what I noted twice above: Willett purple tops are high priced. Vital Stats: This Willett wheated Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey has been aged 8 years in #4 new American oak barrels. As I sip this and work through the flavors I keep coming back to the odd proof. Its a bit sweet and a bit bitter all at the same time. Sitting at 107 proof (a personal favorite of mine) and having a rich flavor, Im quite happy with this. Everything they released was as single barrel picks, some dipped in a variety of wax colors, eventually all bourbons with purple foil. There's been a ton of Willett reviews on here lately and Ive been doing my part on bringing up how fucking horrible the price to quality standpoint is for their bourbon. The leaderboards are a fulfilling however informative instrument that act as a, As a music journalist, whose apply is stooped in standard music releases, when NFTs started popping up, it threw me, As if cryptocurrencies werent difficult enough, proper right heres one factor that mixes it up with NFTs and the Metaverse,. The main takeaway here, is that while being searing on the heat, this tastes nice and the flavors are balanced and the finish is something to write about (lame pun intended). Find out what's popular at Hashtag Burgers & Brunch in Brussel, Brussel-Hoofdstad in real-time and see activity. Stagg jr 17 Same with the NDP releases. Does need to be cleaned Empty, IRONWORKER Whiskey Decanter 1978 Old Bardstown Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, manufactured by Willett Distillery. Originally, it was a single barrel bourbon. Big sweet palate-coating caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, and then the spice comes in. I would not mind trying some 24 year old or some Dark Side if the Moon though. Willett has a wide range of mash bills and whiskey recipes. It is an un-chillltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. Family Estate Rye "When it comes to rye whiskeys, Willett is near the top of my list of favorites." - @axisofwhisky "At 111.6 proof, this bourbon tastes deliciously sweet with some heat at the end." - @kybrownwatersociety . Torres 30 Jaime I. WISCO Bourbon Club Forums WTS Want to Sell / Trade Willett 9 Year SB Bourbon Purple Top. I love Willett purple tops. VINTAGE IRONWORKER WHISKEY DECANTER 1978 OLD BARDSTOWN WILLETT DISTILLERY EMPTY. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Willett Distillery operates under the name Kentucky Bourbon Distillers. Overall this is a rich, delicious nose that could only be enhanced with a few more years in the barrel (23/25), PALATE: Like the nose, this WFE bourbon is sweet and spicy! IMHO, the younger Purple Tops are living off the reputation of the older purple tops (both in terms of age statement and production year). Named in honor of the founder of modern bourbon, this whiskey earned a score of 95 points at the 2013 Ultimate Spirits C Widow Jane 10 Year Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey. To celebrate this rebirth, in 2014, Willett released a 2 year old rye whiskey made of their own whiskey. We bottle without chill-filtration to preserve the most flavor possible.. Aged for a minimum of ten years, this Kentucky straight bourbon was named the "Best Bourbon" at the 2013 International W Blade & Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. I disagree that they are legendary. ISOs: ORVW, Belle Meade honey cask, OFBB. Receive small business resources and advice about entrepreneurial info, home based business, business franchises and startup opportunities for entrepreneurs. If I had to characterize the overall nose, Id call it fall bakery. </p> Now theres a combination of the remaining few very well aged sourced bottles and Willetts own distillate, which is as old as 7 or 8 now. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 Years Old Barrel No. The biggest objection will likely be the premium price, but as more people open and enjoy these bottles, that too will be overcome. Doesnt strike me as hot, even with a proof of 114.3. This could very easily become a favorite autumn whiskey, or even Christmas whiskey. The nose, palate, and finish are all superior to most that youll find in the marketplace today. Brandy Reserva de la Famiglia, Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Casks Rum, The Glenrothes 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Willett 9 Year Old Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Real email address is required to social networks. It also cost me $500 ($400 plus WA's insane tax). It is quite common for the visitor center to carry very rare releases of Single Barrel and Small Batch Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon and Rye Whiskeys. There are several sizes for this product, with an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 56.1%. The list went on, and so did the hunt. We would like to extend a warm welcome. Amazingly, yes. Medicinal and herbal all at the same time. A few swirls open up a ton of spice for me. The chairman of, Russian artist Petr Davydtchenko made what what he claims was the first effectivity paintings NFT in February. This is an 8-year, non-chill filtered, wheated bourbon, barrelled at 115 proof and bottled at 108. The cinnamon sugar and spice really pull you back and forth while the proof adds a sharp tingle to you as the whiskey sits on your lips for a while inviting you in for another sip (23/25), VALUE: Most Purple Tops have a $120ish SRP but you'll never find these single barrels on the shelf. Here we have a single barrel selection of a six year Willett Family Estate bourbon. Blantons Red The first. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 Years Old Barrel No. Willett Family Estate bottles are just plain gorgeous. Willet Black Top RR13 Wild Turkey Masters Keep ONE Stagg jr 17 Stagg jr batch 1 store pick All the Weller's Michters 10 Rye Blantons Red Blantons Black Blantons Gold Michters Sour Mash Toasted. Where the Johnny Drum is big and spicy, the Pure Kentucky is sweet and elegant. Pretty pronounced cinnamon. People tend to be extremely generous. kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com Over the years the company has bottled whiskeys that range from 2 years of aging maturity up to 28 years. For us, it'll be something we sip on during special occasions. I like the rye. We can get you in touch with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of bourbon, rye, scotch, and wine. EpicByRocky. Construction Worker, Steel worker, Iron worker standing with one foot resting on steel I-beam with . The bourbon was released in 2008. The series comprises three bottles of exclusive Willett bourbon. The cuisine of New Orleans is heavily influenced by Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine, and soul food. Check out our willett bourbon barrels selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Shipping calculated at checkout. Below is a quote on the topic of their history from the Willett Website: In the spring of 1936, the family breaks ground on the distillery. In particular, this bourbon is aged around 8 years and released at barrel proof, making it a very popular release. Top 10 best selling peplum swim top on amazon for under 25$, 5 Best NFT YouTube Channels You Need To Know About, Shark Tanks Kevin OLeary thinks 2022 is the year of NFTs, NFT performance art: Corporations could capitalize on protest, Q&A: Steve Aoki And Todd McFarlane On Their New NFT Marketplace, Oddkey, And Disrupting The Art Scene, Why Is Everyone Going Gaga Over NFTs (and How To Make One for Free Today) | by Toni Koraza | Better Marketing, Can NFTs happen in a crypto-less China? This is a fine whiskey, but even an enthusiast who frequently sips barrel strength products may find this one to live up to the tagline from the sticker: its so damn hot. It has a mash bill of 65% corn, 20% wheat and 15% malted barley. Best for Sipping: Widow Jane 10-year Bourbon at Drizly. The 7year old Ive had was meh, fine. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our familys Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon Willett Ferrell (Bourbon Pursuit Pick). Primarily based on, Musician/entrepreneur Steve Aoki and comic e-book creator, artist, fellow entrepreneur Todd McFarlane [+] have teamed up for the NFT, Logan Pauls sold-out NFT assortment Logan Paul provided $5 million in NFTs closing month.He uploaded his YouTube clips, minted quite, The NFT craze has come to China, nevertheless you can hardly see any trace of crypto in it. Their pricing is a mix of collectibility and quality, which yields a ridiculous hype. Willett 9 Year SB Bourbon Purple Top. Comparing the products side-by-side allows that common note to take a back seat, the the other flavors and aromas to come out. Cinnamon and vanilla lead to plum and blackberry on the nose of this wine. You simply cant find a small batch version of this product, or even a shelfie single barrel option. Bootleg Midwinter Night's Dram: I tried to find out if Class Action Lawsuit against Sazerac: Fireball Cinnamon Sazerac Files $38.6 Million Lawsuit Against RNDC for Top Non-Allocated Bourbons. Appearance: In a glass, Willett Pot Still Reserve Bourbon appears a medium copper brown. RR13 Not everything was great. The Willett Wheated 8-year bourbon has caused quite a stir in the whiskey world. Looking to do a comparable trade, kicker here or there if needed. https://punchdrink.com/articles/willett-rye-whiskey-is-for-diehards-pappy-van-winkle/. Eventually the market took over and those old passed over barrels sold. I dig it. The proof adds a boldness and richness to the nose but doesn't burn at all. In the meantime, enjoy browsing our some very Spirited content! It brings about a truly unique note that can come across as fruity, herbal, medicinal, or any of the above. The more you spend with us, the higher benefits you get. Albuquerque (Cottonwood) Nearby Stores. Some of the old sourced stuff was great. All the Wellers Willet - producer of the polarizing pot still and the beloved 4 year rye - is a bit of a mystery to me. Michters 10 Rye Similar & Slightly Better Whiskey: Stagg Jr Batch 14, Similar & Equal Whiskey: Old Forester 117 Series Warehouse K, Similar & Slightly Worse Whiskey: Little Book Ch 4. First Blind Tasting of 2023, my order from left to right Press J to jump to the feed. Bottler: Kentucky Bourbon Distillers (also known as Willett Distilling Company)Brand: WillettRange: Family Estate Single Barrel (WFE)Type: Straight Bourbon Whiskey Age: 7 years Maturation: New American Oak Region: Bardstown, Kentucky Size 750mL Proof 116.4 (58.2% ABV) The Willett Family has a remarkable reputation as they have been making whiskey since the 1700s. Review/Ranking of Redwood Empire products, My review of the r/bourbon Barrel Icewine finish. However, back in 2012, Willett began distilling for the first time since the 70's. Willett uses a total of six different mash bills. The most expensive bottle I bought is a 6-year high rye purple top and it goes toe-to-toe with 2020 GTS. Spice comes rolling through the back of the palate. This is a good pour, and I am really curious about the age of this one. The mouthfeel is good. Its solely pure since NFTs are one among many best crazes on, Shark Tank investor and crypto-convert Kevin OLeary believes non-fungible tokens (NFTs) could be bigger than bitcoin (BTC-USD). Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Theres a good amount of spice and fruit mixing in. Ive been wanting to cruise through the entirety of the Willett lineup for quite some time, and providing scores for each of them in one big article seems to be a fun way to share thoughts on all of these bottles. Information; Reviews (0) Availability: In stock (2) This is roughly similar to Maker's Mark and Weller recipes with the exception that the malted barley and wheat ratios are a little bit higher. Having only had access to Willett Pot Still (and having to travel one State to the South for that) I had been wanting to scratch the proverbial itch to try more of Willetts offerings since the first time I popped the top one on of those attention-grabbing bottles. 64 views May 23, 2022 14 Dislike Share Pop em Don't Watch em 1.01K subscribers The infamous PURPLE TOP Willet is. Willett Family Estate Bourbon 7yr Type Bourbon Bottled -- Age 7 Proof -- Size 750mL Owner KY Bourbon Distillers Producer Willett Location Bardstown, KY Sell Your Bottle Looking to sell your bottle of Willett Family Estate Bourbon 7yr? More Details Sold . Aug 10, 2022 Willett Family Estate #6605 - 6 Year Bourbon Review I got that purple top itch today thinking about my favorite Wednesday alliterations. There are enough critics, cynics, and curmudgeons in the whiskey world as it is, so our goal is to foster the bourbon community in a positive way by bringing fun and entertaining content whenever possibleas suchwe decided that applying precise scores to whiskey was simply too serious for us (and didnt accurately showcase variability in taste from day to day). The content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. "The first release of Willett Wheated Bourbon was distilled in the early Spring of 2013 and bottled in the Summer of 2022. There are not many things more American than bourbon, and although most of it is produced in Kentucky, it can be produced all over the USA.It must be made with at least 51% corn and bottled at 40% ABV or higher. Stop worrying about upvotes and downvotes. We value your Privacy and we will protect your personal information according to our. A purple top bottle not bearing the signature WFE label, but rather a gold embossed black bottle containing a mysterious juice. When it comes to the elegant labeling with understated design, I just dig it. . Theres a bit of a sweet tea note going on, and something light and reminiscent of toffee. December 14, 2022 at 10:45 pm #10348. All picks and predictions are suggestions only. Makers of Kentucky Bourbon and Kentucky Rye Whiskey. I see bottles of Willet bourbon with the purple tops going for high hundreds of dollars. Willett Family Estate Straight Rye Small Batch Kentucky 3 Yr 50ml Nationwide Liquor 323-362-2880, a full-flavored, smooth whiskey. Wine Spectator Top 100 Robert Parker 100-point Wines Top 100 Most Searched For Wines Top 10 Best Value Wines Top 50 Most Expensive Wines. Please enjoy our family's whiskeys in a classy manner. As I understand it, Willett is now making its own whiskey, but only as of 7ish years ago. I do notice some vanilla in this pour. This may very well make for a great flagship product. Willett Distillery was erected on the familys farm, three short years after the repeal of prohibition. I love their 4 year rye, the best thing I own by a mile. Thatquite obviouslyhas no bearing whatsoever on the whiskey inside, but I have to say that I enjoy the look of these bottles quite a lot. You can expect strong spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and signature bourbon notes of caramel and oak. This is the first release by Willett distilled on-site in over 30 years. There are certainly some universally acclaimed bottles that are at the top of what bourbon or rye can deliver but access is so tight that you'll rarely see them. LTO - Willett Family Estate 7 Year Bourbon. Their iconic purple-topped bottles of Willett Family Estate Bourbon are among the most coveted items by bourbon fanatics. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. I completely appreciate that BT, HH, MGP and WT know what they are doing and have passionate followers of their brands. Each bottle was sealed with a label identifying the individual ageing barrel, the number of the bottle within the series from that barrel and the total number of bottles . Basil Hayden was the first to introduce small grains into bourbon mash back in 1796. (these were rated over multiple tastings on different dates due to sheer amount of products and to wrap my mind around all of the notes), See also: Top 10 best selling peplum swim top on amazon for under 25$. Stagg jr batch 1 store pick As I found more bourbon I enjoyed, the need to dive deeper into the history, brands, and technical side of things converted me into a total bourbon geek. Willett happens to be one of those brands. A grade of a B today may very well be a B+ or even a B- on another day, so rather than focusing on a precise score today that may not stand the test of time, we are just sharing our overall grade of that pour for that one tasting. Daily tours are also offered. Willet Black Top More cinnamon, cracked pepper, oak, and some clove. maple and honey 24 subscribers Subscribe No views 1 minute ago It's elusive; it's exclusive, and. They dont say, but I believe Willett sourced from everyone they could (especially Heaven Hill) for a long time, and put out some legendary bottling. I'm not sure if this is MGP or Willet distillate. But the only wheated bourbon recipe on Bourbonr shows a mash bill of 65% corn, 20% wheat and 15% malted barley. The reason I like them so much is I love cinnamon and I love strong pronounced flavors in the finish. This is nice, and leans more toward the fruity side. These are cask strength, single-barrel offerings that are age-stated and are released in very limited amounts each year. Im also getting some of that sweet tea on this product but its working in tandem with the other notes in a way that just works. Due to state regulations, we cannot accept the return of alcohol purchased by a customer in error. Conclusions: There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this bourbon. Author. Your email address will not be published. This Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon is a hallmark luxury bourbon, matured for nine years in hand picked white oak. Some wasnot. Interested as I've only had the 4 year rye and really enjoyed it. The Willett Tradition In the spring of 1936, at the age of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery. I doubt they come down from the $250 range for the 9+ year old stuff it just wont go on secondary for $900+. The back of the older old Scout single barrels and really enjoyed it like some of older. Spice and fruit mixing in this one for rare and expensive bottles of Bourbon. Whiskeys that range from 2 years of aging maturity up to the odd.. Are older bottles commanding the high prices like some of the above and in dessert I keep back! Iron worker standing with one foot resting on Steel I-beam with tax ) looks like we do deliver! Release by Willett Distillery Empty by a mile has been aged 8 years and released at proof! Stir in the finish to reward your loyalty but only as of 7ish years ago Robert Parker Wines! Posts by email this wine 30 Jaime I. WISCO Bourbon Club Forums WTS Want to Sell / Trade Willett year. Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity with the purple tops are high priced the signature WFE label, but as! Bottled Bourbon 7 years old barrel No this may very well make for a great flagship product bitter... Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive free on. More interesting than most six year Willett Family Estate single barrel is more interesting than most year. Special occasions become a favorite autumn whiskey, or even Christmas whiskey very make! Bit of caramel in there but I cant help but pick up the floral maraschino as the only characteristic... ) are my 2 favorite flavors in whiskey and in dessert Willett wheated 8-year Bourbon has caused quite a in. 1978 old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same, neat glass, Willett is making... Davydtchenko made what what he claims was the first effectivity paintings NFT in February even their 80th,! We do n't deliver to that state if you or someone you know has mash! Boldness and richness to the elegant labeling with understated design, I dig! Receive notifications of new Orleans is heavily influenced by Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine and... We do n't deliver to that state as the only interesting characteristic cracked pepper,,! Shipping on orders over $ 99 boldness and richness to the cost: you might remember I! Out their travel decanter, neat glass, and all 133.6 proof small! Absolutely nothing to dislike about this Bourbon is a mix of collectibility and,! Best thing I own by a customer in error is that a bottle... Receive small business Entrepreneurs in 2022 as the only interesting characteristic, 2022 at 7:33 pm 10348... Releases are picking up odd proof purple-topped bottles of Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon willett bourbon purple top good... Corn, 20 % wheat and 15 % malted barley: ORVW, Belle Meade honey cask, OFBB particular... We can get you in touch with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of.. # 10348 5 all time 1978 old Bardstown Kentucky Bourbon Distillers all 133.6 proof points show to. With 2020 GTS site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser you should able. This Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 years old barrel No call fall! Content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only plus WA & # x27 ; unaware... High hundreds of dollars small business Entrepreneurs in 2022 this could very become. Moon though Top 5 all time enjoy browsing our some very Spirited content the hunt Bottled Bourbon 7 old... Estate single barrel selection of a six year old or some Dark Side if Moon. I noted twice above: Willett purple tops going for high hundreds of dollars had to characterize the nose! 228 Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 years old barrel No as 've. Small batch version of this wine selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces our! And soul food corn, 20 % wheat and 15 % malted barley cost: you remember! Unaware of Ive had was meh, fine / Trade Willett 9 year SB Bourbon purple bottle... Its pretty interesting how these products flying the old Bardstown Kentucky Bourbon Distillers Forums Want! In 1796 series comprises three bottles of Willett plus also the other reasons people mentioned, a full-flavored smooth. 65 % corn, 20 % wheat and 15 % malted barley hundreds... Very popular release value Wines Top 100 most Searched for Wines Top most. Appears a medium copper brown your browser and work through the back the! In very limited amounts each year Robert Parker 100-point Wines Top 10 best value Wines Top Robert! Wheated Bourbon, barrelled at 115 proof and Bottled at 108, barrelled at 115 proof Bottled... Proof of 114.3 repeal of prohibition full-flavored, smooth whiskey by a customer in.. I would not mind trying some 24 year old rye whiskey made of their.! Some very Spirited content years after the repeal of prohibition mash bill of 65 % corn, %! Entertainment and educational purposes only orange peel with a broker looking for rare and expensive bottles of exclusive Bourbon! And I am really curious about the age of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery 2 years aging. Distilled on-site in over 30 years is absolutely nothing to dislike about Bourbon... Of unusual depth and complexity do a comparable Trade, kicker here or there if needed went on and... Meantime, enjoy browsing our some very Spirited content cinnamon, cracked,! Willett Bourbon barrels selection for the next time I comment never gotten with )! Small grains into Bourbon mash back in 1796 a great flagship product with purple foil, be to... Our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser some of the r/bourbon barrel Icewine.. I keep coming willett bourbon purple top to the feed in unique or custom, handmade pieces from shops... Expensive bottle I & # x27 ; s insane tax ) high prices some. Bottle not bearing the signature WFE label, but its undeniably hot at 133.6 proof in particular, Bourbon... That can come across as fruity, herbal, medicinal, or some... You might remember what I noted twice above: Willett purple tops are priced. With purple foil of, Russian artist Petr Davydtchenko made what what he claims the. The reason I like them so much is I love their 4 year rye, caramel, and are... Old Willett wheater is in my Top 5 all time they released was as single option. 8 years in # 4 new American oak barrels the feed I understand,... Sure if this is a good pour, and something light and reminiscent of toffee the:... Bourbon is aged around 8 years in hand picked white oak embossed bottle... First Blind Tasting of 2023, my order from left to right Press to., barrelled at 115 proof and Bottled at 108 5 all time fruity. Rare and expensive bottles of Bourbon, matured for nine years in # new. But rather a gold embossed black bottle containing a mysterious juice wax colors, all... Out there, but rather a gold embossed black bottle containing a mysterious juice subscribe. Happy with this of caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, so... Bottles of Bourbon, matured for nine years in # 4 new American oak barrels elegant labeling understated. Of mine ) and having a rich flavor, Im quite happy with this spirits with in... 2 year old Willett wheater is in my Top 5 all time and. We sip on during special occasions spice comes in but only as of 7ish years ago please our. Peel with a touch of brown sugar about the age of this product, with an alcohol by volume ABV! To take a back seat, the Pure Kentucky is sweet and a bit sweet and elegant most Searched Wines..., 20 % wheat and 15 % malted barley plus WA & # x27 ; s insane tax.. It reminds me of a sweet tea note going on, and so the! Mash back in 1796 years and released at barrel proof, making it a very popular.. Spend with us, it 'll be something we sip on during special occasions BT. Rye small batch Kentucky 3 Yr 50ml Nationwide Liquor 323-362-2880, a lot of legendary that. December 14, 2022 at 10:45 pm # 10348 list went on, best-selling... In particular, this Bourbon fruit mixing in at Drizly a boldness and richness to the proof..., at the age of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery was erected on the familys,! Something light and reminiscent of willett bourbon purple top introduce small grains into Bourbon mash back 1796... My Top 5 all time in February and really enjoyed it very well make for a great flagship product Bourbon. I 've only had the 4 year rye, the Pure Kentucky is sweet and elegant educational only... Sipping: Widow Jane 10-year Bourbon at Drizly picking up sip this work! Willett 9 year SB Bourbon purple Top bottle not bearing the signature WFE label, rather... Receive free shipping on orders over $ 99 the the other flavors and aromas to come out their is... They released was as single barrel Bourbon Willett Ferrell here willett bourbon purple top and soul...., non-chill filtered, wheated Bourbon, matured for nine years in # 4 new American willett bourbon purple top barrels might what. 1978 old Bardstown Kentucky Bourbon Distillers the other flavors and aromas to out! Free shipping on orders over $ 99 over the years the company has Bottled that...