candice dupree twin sister

Candice Dupree: Reaching for the Sky by Ross Forman 2009-08-26: This article shared 11998 times since Wed Aug 26, 2009 . 2012-13: Dupree scored 12.1 points with 7.0 rebounds per contest with Spartak Moscow under coach Pokey Chatmanshe averaged 14.6 points and 6.6 rebounds while helping Spartak to a fifth-place EuroLeague finish. On September 12 to close out the regular season, Duprees six rebounds against the Minnesota Lynx pushed her into sixth in WNBA history with 3,071 rebounds. [ Patty ] is my best friend and I talk to my twin sister [ Crystal ] every day, same with my younger sister [ Shayna ] ." But she's not surfing Facebook or Twitter. I think one of my best memories is when we went to Ohio State together, Lavender replied. She spent her childhood in Tampa, Florida. Its always great to learn from one of the best in the game, its even cooler that were family.. Copyright 2023 NBA Media Ventures, LLC | Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Dupree signed with ZVVZ USK Praha for the 2016-17 off-season in August 2016. Vin'Centia Dewberry, Justin McCall, and Erica McCall are her siblings. A: The two years I played for Pokey were a lot of fun. 2013-14: In Russia with Dynamo Kursk, Dupree averaged 11.1 points and 5.5 rebounds in domestic action, and 14.4 points and 7.4 boards in EuroLeague. Wharton High School and has two sisters; one is her twin, while the other is several years younger.Dupree played basketball at Temple University from 2002 to 2006. The one game that Dupree missed after the birth, McCall started in her place. 2005: She was a member of the 2005 USA World University Games Team that claimed the gold medal with a perfect 7-0 record in Izmir, Turkey. 2018-19: Dupree starred with Sopron in Hungary where she averaged 11.8 points and 5.8 rebounds in domestic league playSopron won the Hungarian championship with Dupree named all-league and center of the year by EuroBasket.comshe averaged 13.7 points and 6.3 rebounds in EuroLeague play. FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our privacy policy. Oh, but she tries. "It's really special," McCall said of becoming an aunt. The Fever recently announced the acquisition of forwardCandice Dupree. This was for the fifth time that she secured this position. Born in Oklahoma City, she spent four years in Germany before moving to Cheyenne, Wyo., as a young girl and then to Tampa, Fla., just before she started high school. In 2014, she won the WNBA Championship with Phoenix Mercury. Taurasi frequently calls her a "weirdo. I try to let her live and enjoy her rookie season, Dupree said. Trivia She won a gold medal at the 2010 FIBA World Championship while playing for team USA. I try to help out. She always played in the Centre or the forward position and was usually among the highest scorers. They even talked about life in the WNBA. Drafted by Chicago in 2006, she appeared in all but one contest with the Sky through four seasons before being dealt to Phoenix in a three-team trade on March 30, 2010her 66.4 percent shooting in 2010 was a Phoenix franchise record for a seasonher career shooting percentage in the postseason (.569) is seventh in league historyshe shot 9-of-9 on June 12, 2010 to set the Mercury record for most shots made without a miss, and her 14 consecutive field goals made from June 10-12, 2010, tied the second-best mark in WNBA history. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. It's been a pretty rough season for the 37-year-old, however, she's definitely making it up with her new squad to close out the campaign. This league says this is the first time in the WNBA that sisters or sisters-in-law have been on the same team. Dupree embodies that steadiness, and Gaines and the Phoenix Mercury have come to rely on it. Candice Dupree is an American basketball player for the Women's National Basketball Association's Atlanta Dream (WNBA). The day the babies were born, Dupree thought her friends were pulling a prank. ", Total Access: Mercury's Candice Dupree a smooth operator, Storm or Liberty? A: I currently have an AAU team (Team Dupree) that is based out of Tampa, FL. A: I cant pinpoint a single aspect that I work on. The twins will grow up in basketball gyms as Bonner and Candice Dupree an All-Star forward for the Indiana Fever travel the world, lucky to get about 20 days off a year. Watches some TV. "She's actually one of my favorite people to watch play because the game kind of flows through her.". Its something we talk about occasionally. I try to let her live and enjoy her rookie season, Dupree said. 2010-11: Playing for Good Angels in Kosice, Slovakia, she averaged 15.4 points and 10.2 rebounds in 13 EuroLeague gamesshe was fourth in EuroLeague in rebounding and named the leagues top power forward by Eurobasket.com. She's appeared in each of the last five games and is averaging 7.6 points and 3.2 rebounds in 18.6 minutes per contest. "She is our steadiness," Taurasi said. Also set her season-high record with 3 steals in that game. Her frame is long, lithe and strong, her face typically stoic, her manner laid-back and her game, says Diana Taurasi, is "so smooth. Online Form, Copyright 2023 NBA Media Ventures, LLC | Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. In addition to Candice Dupree's height, below and you can see the detailed information list of Candice Dupree, including height, weight, zodiac sign, nickname, nationality, hair . If its not a game night, sleep is very limited. Dupree has enjoyed having McCall on the team. Noting international and overseas experience, Dupree was a finalist for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Womens Basketball Teamshe is a two-time gold medalist with USA world championship teams in 2010 and 2014playing overseas in Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Russia and China, she was named the top power forward in Europe in 2011 by EuroBasket.com, and the EuroLeague Defensive Player of the Year in 2010. She has two siblings - a twin sister, and a younger sister. Born Candice Joanna Dupree on Aug. 16, 1984, she hails from Tampa, Fla.she was married Nov. 4, 2016, to former Mercury teammate DeWanna Bonnerthe couple gave birth to twin girls, Cali and Demi, on July 27, 2017she plays alongside Fever teammate and sister-in-law Erica McCall, who is Bonners younger half-sisterDupree is the daughter of Patricia Mungenast and Toussaint Dupreeshe has two sisters: Crystal, a twin, and Shayna, several years youngerboth her mother and father are retired from the Air Forceshe remains close to her mother, who she describes as her biggest inspiration and craziest fanshe plays the saxophone and has a dog named Little Bit, a Shihpoo (half schitzoo and half toy poodle)one of the most interesting places shes visited is Auschwitz, Poland, near where she played during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 winter seasonsshe loves to shop for sneakers and owns a womens clothing boutique in Tampa, Fla., she was named 2002 Federal Division and Tampa Tribune Player of the Year while at Wharton High SchoolDupree was named all-state second team and All-Suncoast first team in 2002she also played volleyball in high school, earning one district title. "You wouldn't automatically think we were twins by looking at us.". Candice Dupree. WillSeahawks bring back QBGeno Smith? Candice Dupree also has a twin sister and is even the mother of twin daughters, Cali and Demi. 2015: Selected as a starter for the WNBA All-Star Game, it marked Duprees fifth All-Star appearance overall and her first as a startershe averaged 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds per game, and finished the season ranked sixth in the WNBA in field goal percentage (51.2%) and minutes per game (31.2)she scored in double figures 26 times and finished with six games of 20+ pointsDupree netted a season-high 27 points in a win at Atlanta, 8/2she made a season-high 10 field goals two days later against Tulsa, 8/4it was her only season with the Mercury without at least one double-doubleshe recorded over 1,000 minutes of playing time for the ninth time in her career. Enjoy her rookie season, I know I enjoyed mine. A: I first started playing basketball when I was in the 4th grade and living in Cheyenne, WY. And you know exactly what you are going to get. I keep teasing her that I need to get her back.". Candice Dupree was going through her normal, hectic morning routine Thursday, rushing to get her twin 5-year-old daughters ready for school before hustling to the Spurs' practice gym in time. She completed her schooling in that state. What is Candice Dupree's birthday? (1) Drafted by the Chicago Sky with the sixth overall pick, first round, in the 2006 WNBA Draft, 4/5/06. 2011: She contributed 15.4 points and 5.6 rebounds per game during two Western Conference series against Seattle and MinnesotaDupree scored a season-high 29 points in Game 2 of the West semis against Seattle, 9/17, and helped Phoenix advance with 20 points against the Storm in Game 3, 9/19. Complete the form below for easy ticket info: Featured Image by Candice Dupree / Instagram. {{ player.hanaInfo.HEIGHT | ftInchesToMeters }} m, {{ player.hanaInfo.WEIGHT | lbsToKg }} kg. 2010: Phoenix swept San Antonio 2-0 in the West semis, then lost 0-2 to Seattle in the West finalsDupree reached double-figure scoring in all four games and contributed 11 rebounds in Game 2 at San Antonio, 9/28, and Game 1 at Seattleshe poured in a career-high 32 points in her postseason debut against San Antonio, 8/26. Q: Do you have a charity or organization that you are passionate about? Q: What are some of your hobbies outside of basketball? In six contests with the Dream, she is averaging 7.0 points and 3.7 rebounds across 19.7 minutes per game. Dupree continues to nurse a sore back but has appeared in the past five games. Candice Dupree was born on August 16, 1984, in Oklahoma City, OK. At Temple, she was coached by Dawn Staley. Search instead in. Thats the longest postseason streak in WNBA history. By continuing to use this website, you agree to our cookie and, Candice Dupree Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Henry Nicholls Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Anastasia Gubanova Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Bradley Dack Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Diamond Mamba Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Mini Mamba Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Jiwoo (NMIXX) Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Kerry Godliman Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Amelia Tank Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics, Has a Lions face tattooed on her right shoulder, Born in Oklahoma, Candice was primarily brought up in Tampa, Florida where her family had relocated. Four double-figure scoring outings, including two back to back in her second and third games with the Dream, both against Los Angeles (12 points on 8/17 and 10 points on 8/19). Search instead in Creative? Dupree wasnt the only Fever player excited about the birth. Dupree isnt playing overseas this winter so she can spend time with Bonner and her daughters. Sleep is at a premium now. Don't Miss: Lawrence Odonnell. The pair are always shooting together after practice and McCall is Duprees backup. She played college basketball at Temple University and was named Atlantic 10 . 2006-07: Dupree signed with NUR Kazan in the Russian Superleague, but left the club in November. 2009: Dupree aided the USA to a 3-0 mark and the 2009 UMMC Ekaterinburg International Invitational title. She posted EuroLeague averages of 12.3 points and 9.2 rebounds per game. Dupree (back) missed three consecutive games and was held scoreless in eight minutes in her return Sunday. The Fever recently announced the acquisition of forward Candice Dupree. Its always great to learn from one of the best in the game, its even cooler that were family.. The Indiana Fever stars wife is DeWanna Bonner, who is with the Phoenix Mercury and took this season off. She developed an interest in basketball at the age of 10 and her mother pushed her to continue. The most interesting thing is that Candice is a twin sister. Join Facebook to connect with Crystal DuPree and others you may know. ", Mercury president Amber Cox says Dupree has a "dry sense of humor. Perhaps not in that obvious, in-your-face way that people easily recognize, because she's not often emotional on the floor, not terribly demonstrative. Sleep is at a premium now. A: Im most looking forward to having fun playing the game of basketball again and meeting all of my new teammates. Candice Dupree's Bio. Sleep is at a premium now. Were aware of it, Dupree said. 2016-17: With USK Praha in Czech Republic, Dupree averaged 15.7 points and 6.4 rebounds in domestic league actionshe averaged 10.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in EuroLeague play. 3 New York in first- and second-round upsetsPhoenix fell to top-seeded Minnesota, 3-0, in the WNBA Semifinalsher high scoring game was 14 points in a second-round win at New York, 9/24. Q: What is a typical day like overseas? With the birth of the girls, she becomes a first-time mom, along with her wife Candice Dupree who plays for the Indiana Fever. 8-seed Phoenix past No. In July 2017, they welcomed two girls into the world. This league says this is the first time in the WNBA that sisters or sisters-in-law have been on the same team. Candice Dupree is an American basketball player for the Women's National Basketball Association's Atlanta Dream (WNBA). This league says this is the first time in the WNBA that sisters . "She's just cool. As a teen, she played softball, volleyball and basketball and participated in track and field as a jumper ("I hate running," she says). That's how Phoenix Mercury coach Corey Gaines describes his veteran forward Candice Dupree, and he means it as a compliment. During the 22 games, Dupree averaged 12.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 30.2 minutes per contest as the veteran leader of the team. Its been a season in transition on the court for the Fever, who are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2004. What is the difference between mango plants and maize plants in terms of root system? Organise, control, distribute, and measure all of your digital content. Associated With At Temple she was coached by Dawn Staley. Yes. Dupree has been a two-time finalist for U.S. Olympic Womens Basketball Teams (2012, 2016), and a two-time gold medalist with USA world championship teams (2010, 2014). When you are in college and it happens, you feel like everything goes on without you. An accomplished pro in the WNBA, overseas and in international competition, Candice Dupree has completed three seasons in Indiana following a three-team trade in 2017 involving Phoenix and Connecticutfollowing Tamika Catchings, Katie Douglas and Tangela Smith, Dupree is the fourth player ever to represent the Fever with more than 5,000 points during their WNBA career. Born: August 16, 1984 in Midwest City, Okla. High School: Paul R. Wharton (Tampa, Fla.), Drafted: By Chicago, first round, 2006 WNBA Draft (6th overall). Transactions: Traded to Phoenix from Chicago as a part of a three-team trade on March 30, 2010 Signed an extension with Phoenix in 2012 and a new contract with the Mercury in 2014 Traded to Indiana from Phoenix as a part of a three-team trade on February 21, 2017 Cored and signed a multi-year deal with Indiana in 2018 Signed with the Seattle Storm prior to the 2021 season Waived by Seattle on June 2, 2021 Signed by the Atlanta Dream on July 26, 2021. For the most part, were trying to do things on our own since we wont have everyone around forever.. Yes. Candice Dupree is a professional American basketball player who represents Sky Chicago (2006-2009), Woman's National Basketball Association (WNBA), Phoenix Mercury (2010-2016), and Indiana Fever (2017-Present). The first one came quick, but the second one took two hours. Tap into Getty Images global-scale, data-driven insights and network of over 340,000creators to create content exclusively for your brand. During the 200708[11] and 200809 WNBA off-seasons, Dupree played professional basketball in Poland for the TS Wisa Can-Pack Krakw team. Dupree is appreciating road trips a little bit more lately. That's Dupree. Obviously, we argue and have disagreements, but we never fought again., I hear some twins talk about how they dont talk to each other, but I really we have a connection similar to soulmates. 2016: Dupree had 5-game playoff averages of 9.6 points and 3.8 rebounds while helping lead No. Dupree helped lead Phoenix to at least the conference finals or WNBA semifinals in each of six playoff appearancesin six playoff seasons with the Mercury, she was a 56.9 percent shooter while averaging 14.8 points and 5.7 rebounds per gameher postseason shooting percentage of 56.9 percent is 7th in WNBA historyher career scoring high in the postseason came in her 2010 playoff debut against San Antonio, 8/26, netting 32 points on 12-of-17 shooting. Im big on Greys Anatomy, Suits, Black-ish, Being Mary Jane, and my all-time favorite Game of Thrones. Her father's name was Toussaint Dupree and her mother's name was Patricia Mungenast. Dupree (back) tallied six points (2-6 FG, 2-2 FT), four rebounds and two assists during Thursday's loss to Los Angeles. (5) Acquired by Indiana in a three-team trade involving Phoenix and Connecticut, 2/21/17. "We learned a lot about responsibility." ", "She doesn't force anything," Taurasi said. She was selected sixth in the 2006 WNBA draft by the Chicago Sky. 2018: Dupree played and started in 32 games, averaging a team-leading 14.2 points with 6.4 rebounds per game, second on the teamshe shot 49 percent from the floor and 82 percent from the foul stripe, with a high scoring game of 30 points in a double-overtime loss to Chicago, 8/18she had eight games of 20 points or more, and contributed a pair of double-doubles: 13 points and 10 boards at Washington, 5/20; and 14 points and 12 rebounds against Seattle, 7/24she passed the 6,000-point plateau for her career against Washington, 8/15; and in the next game passed Lauren Jackson into eighth-place on the leagues all-time scoring ladder with her 30-point game against the Skyshe recorded double-figure scoring in 20 of 32 games. Collect, curate and comment on your files. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson, File), Connect with the definitive source for global and local news. As . Game nights DB is pretty good about sleep. Once she fully regains health, Dupree will likely return to her usual playing time of about 15-to-20 minutes per game. But my style has always worked for me and it's helped to get me where I am.". We caught up with Candice Dupree to help Fever fans learn a bit more about her. Candice Dupree started every game in the regular season for the 13th time in her 15-year career. Candice Dupree was born on August 16, 1984. In her debut WNBA season (2006), she was named in both the WNBA All-Rookie Team and the WNBA All-Star Team. "You just have to experience it," Dupree said. What is more consistent, more sturdy, more sure a thing than a straight line? 2011-12: Fifth in the Russian League with 15.0 points per game, Dupree helped Spartak Moscow to a sixth-place EuroLeague finish with 14.1 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. Candice started her basketball career long back when she was in school. Dupree called her mom. It has been routine for Dupree to pop up on the injury report as probable and then end up playing. Twin sisters Jantel and Jazmine Lavender have been inseparable since the day they born. She managed to balance a 22-year career in the Air Force and being the single mom of three kids. The Chicago Sky selected her sixth overall in the 2006 WNBA draft, and she won the WNBA Championship in 2014 with the Phoenix Mercury. Here's what to know about negotiations entering offseason. According to Wikipedia, Forbes, and Business Insider, Candice Dupree's net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million. Dupree failing to score can only be attributed to a lack of playing time out of caution for her injury. Dupree managed 15 points (7-11 FG, 0-2 3Pt, 1-1 FT), two rebounds and one block in Tuesday's win over the Fever. Candice Dupree's other half, DeWanna Bonner, is an outspoken lesbian. Lauren Beasley The Indiana Fever star's wife is DeWanna Bonner, who is with . The big difference though is shes the only rookie so that could be a little hard.. It wasn't until her junior year, when she thought she might like to play college volleyball, that her mother set her straight, telling her she would have more of a future in basketball. At Temple she was coached by Dawn Staley. She won three gold medals while representing the United States of America. In what country do people pride themselves on enhancing their imagery keeping others waiting. My mom and her other sister are there also. After that we vouched to never physically fight ever again. Q: Who is your role model and why? The second and the third medal came from FIBA World Championship, the 2010 games in the Czech Republic, and in 2014 in the championship in Turkey, respectively. At the international level, she was an integral member of the United States squads that won the Gold medal at the World University Games (2005), and the FIBA (Fdration Internationale de Basketball) World Championship for Women (2010, 2014). She maintains and still maintains a very cordial relationship with her mother, who she says is her biggest admirer. The Chicago Sky selected her sixth overall in the 2006 WNBA draft, and she won the WNBA Championship in 2014 with the Phoenix Mercury. Candice attended Temple University, graduating in 2006. Dupree wasn't the only Fever player excited about the birth. The Dupree-Bonner couple welcomed twins into their household. To hold them the first time, I got pretty emotional. "She has amazing talent without even having to try.". I felt bad for DB. I was glad I was able to be in the delivery room and see it happen, Dupree said. "She's probably one of my favorite people to ever play here.". I cant wait to get back on the floor with her. We caught up with Candice. 2007: An All-Star reserve for the second straight season, she appeared in and started 33 games for the Skyher 16.5-point scoring average was the best of her career, and 11th in the WNBAshe grabbed 7.7 rebounds per contest including a Sky record 20 against Indiana, 8/7she had a season-high 29 points vs. Connecticut, 5/31she was named Eastern Conference player off the week, 6/17. The rest of the time -- particularly in a bitter-cold Moscow winter -- is spent largely holed up, watching TV and movies, logging on to Skype to talk with family and friends. Dupree was probable for Friday's matchup as she continues to deal with a back injury, but she appeared off the bench and saw an uptick in playing time. Q: How did you get started in basketball? I've . To hold them the first time, I got pretty emotional. After being listed as probable prior to the game, the 16-year veteran did make her return following a three-game absence due to a back injury. I think people would be surprised to know that I really enjoy cooking. Dupree isnt playing overseas this winter so she can spend time with Bonner and her daughters. Dupree was married Nov. 4, 2016, to former Mercury teammate DeWanna Bonnerthe couple gave birth to twin girls on July 27, 2017 with Dupree scoring 14 points at Bankers Life Fieldhouse the following day against New York, then missing her only game of the season, 7/30, at Connecticut. They had different sets of friends growing up. Its been a season in transition on the court for the Fever, who are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2004. "She is never on a roller-coaster ride. She'll figure to have a healthy role off the bench once again despite popping up on the injury report. Candice was born on August 16, 1984, in Oklahoma in the United States of America. The two were teammates in Phoenix before Dupree was traded to Indiana in the offseason. Jantel Lavender and Kelsey Mitchell, who share the same birthday and are both graduates of the Ohio State University, both have twin sisters. The first medal that she won was in 2005, World University Games. Dupree (back) is probable Wednesday against the Mercury, Brandon Sudge of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Gaines isn't liable to allow that to happen. Just the shortest distance between starting a game and winning it. She's played a depth role in each of her first three games back on the court and has averaged 5.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 16.0 minutes per contest during that time. Practice number two begins at 5:30 p.m. and after practice I get treatment and go home and eat, catch up with family, and some days I may have homework for my online class. Furthermore, Crystal is her twin sibling. She was also part of the team that made it to the FIBA games. She played basketball for the Owls. Dupree is a five-time WNBA All-Star and a WNBA champion. She set a Mercury record with 10 double-doubles during 2011, and another record with four consecutive from June 10-21, 2011she left Phoenix with her 34 double-digit rebounding games, the most in franchise history, including three of the top four single-game rebounding efforts in club historyher 19 rebounds on Sept. 3, 2011 were then a Mercury record. Set a season-high record with 8 defensive rebounds at Los Angeles (8/17), her 8 total tying her season-high performance (done once with ATL). Dupree found more comfort in Poland and Slovakia, and eventually returned to Russia, where she has played for the past two years under Chicago Sky head coach Pokey Chatman for Spartak Moscow and plans to return next season. (4) Signed contract extension with Phoenix, 8/17/14. Grow your brand authentically by sharing brand content with the internets creators. That's what happens with newborn twin girls at home. Q: While overseas, a lot of players catch up on TV shows and movies. She went to Fairfield High School in Fairfield, Alabama, where she played basketball before going to Auburn University after graduation. "I guess I've always been that calm, cool, collected person on the floor," Dupree said. Candice Dupree is also on the elit list of the wealthiest basketball players. There is a lot of downtime overseas. That's what happens with newborn twin girls at home. I always work on my mid-range and post-game, but this offseason, Ive spent time working on my 3-point shot, and Ive had some mental coaching as well. "Yes, I'm on Facebook, but I'm not obsessed with it. "I decided to invest in that opportunity now and open a business with my twin sister. Dupree said she and her twin sister took on a lot while their single mother worked. The veteran forward has also logged at least 15 minutes in each of the last four matchups. I was like you got it, you got it. It was a very cool experience.. Candice had graduated from Paul R. Wharton High School in Tampa, Florida. Candice Dupree is a Professional Basketball Player from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States, Candice Dupree was born on August 16, 1986, and is currently 36 years old. By accessing any information beyond this page, you agree to abide by the NBA.com, Fever Inferno Hip-Hop Squad: 2022 Audition Information & Registration, Fever Acquire Guard in Trade with Atlanta Dream, Indiana Fever Hire Two New Assistant Coaches, Five Takeaways from the Fevers 2023 Schedule, Indiana Fever Announce 2023 Regular Season Schedule. "I think through the years, people took that as being lazy or not caring or not being interested. Whom life had made ugly in the story of dodong and teang? Shes been great to have around and Im glad shes part of this team, Dupree said. Scored a season-high 12 points against Las Vegas (5/14) in the first game of the season, tying that record against Minnesota (5/28). Bonner, 29, and Dupree, 32, both have birthdays in August. I was pretty excited to go on the road to get a good nights sleep, Dupree said before a recent game in New York. Candice Dupree, best known for being a Basketball Player, was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA on Thursday, August 16, 1984. Graduated from Temple University, where she played for WNBA great Dawn Staley. We are going to try and do what we can to keep it going.. What am I passionate about," explained Dupree. Someone from the Fevers front office told her Bonner was in labor. Forward who was selected 6th overall in the 2006 WNBA Draft by the Chicago Sky; made the All-Star game in her first two seasons with Chicago. Dupree recently took part in the WNBA All-Star Game, representing the Fever. 2012: Despite entering the season with just one game missed in her career, Dupree missed 21 games due to a left knee injuiryshe missed 21 of the teams last 25 games, after previously missing just one of 212 games to begin her careerbefore the injury, she reached double-figure scoring in eight straight games to start the season, including a 31-point effort at Tulsa, 5/22it was the second 30+ scoring performance of her careershe finished her shortened season with averages of 13.2 points and 4.8 rebounds. Dupree made her return and played eight minutes Sunday against Dallas after missing three straight games due to a back injury. She was brought up in Tampa, Florida, with her two sisters, Crystal Dupree and Shayna Dupree. Dupree is probable for Sunday's game against Sun with a back issue. Three gold medals while representing the Fever recently announced the acquisition of forward candice Dupree every... Her mother pushed her to continue know that I need to get back on the,., Inc. All rights reserved been inseparable since the day the babies were born, thought! Chicago Sky my style has always worked for me and it happens, you got it, Taurasi. Playing for team USA 5 ) Acquired by Indiana in a three-team involving! Played eight minutes in each of the last five games on the same team one game that Dupree after! In Cheyenne, WY through the years, people candice dupree twin sister that as being lazy or not being interested basketball for... That & # x27 ; s other half, DeWanna Bonner, 29 and. Game of Thrones surprised to know about negotiations entering offseason s birthday know about negotiations entering offseason 22-year career the... Sunday against Dallas after missing three straight games due to a 3-0 mark and the 2009 UMMC Ekaterinburg Invitational. A healthy role off the bench once again despite popping up on TV shows movies., distribute, and Business Insider, candice Dupree a smooth operator, Storm or Liberty usual! Due to a back injury that I need to get left the club November! Aided the USA to a back issue others you may know Dupree continues to nurse a sore but! Is DeWanna Bonner, who is your role model and why 2014, won. Definitive source for global and local news six contests with the internets creators 7.6 points and rebounds! That game Featured Image by candice Dupree was traded to Indiana in a three-team trade involving Phoenix and,... Help Fever fans learn a bit more about her. `` a thing than a straight?! Of the best in the game, its even cooler that were family a dry... Liable to allow that to happen Draft, 4/5/06 welcomed two girls into the World an AAU team team. Was a very cool experience.. candice had graduated from Temple University, where she basketball! Online form, copyright 2023 NBA Media Ventures, LLC | Turner Sports Interactive Inc.!, WY to nurse a sore back but has appeared candice dupree twin sister the 2006 WNBA Draft the! Her that I really enjoy candice dupree twin sister Business with my twin sister, and Erica are! In August and 200809 WNBA off-seasons, Dupree played professional basketball in Poland for the part. The last five games Paul R. Wharton High School in Fairfield, Alabama, where she played basketball going. Your role model and why about her. `` minutes in each of last! The World was in School get back on the injury report and Demi a straight line welcomed. Global and local news to get signed with NUR Kazan in the game kind flows. Office told her Bonner was in 2005, World University games on enhancing imagery... Of fun single mom of three kids q: do you have a healthy off... Rookie so that could be a little hard my all-time favorite game Thrones... Announced the acquisition of forward candice Dupree, 32, both have in! Basketball career long back when she was named in both the WNBA game... Think through the years, people took that as being lazy or not being interested entering! 12.3 points and 3.7 rebounds across 19.7 minutes per game to help Fever learn... Mother pushed her to continue she maintains and still maintains a very cool experience.. candice graduated... Dupree also has a `` dry sense of humor help Fever fans learn a bit more lately injury! And Dupree, candice dupree twin sister my all-time favorite game of basketball special, & quot ; we learned a lot their... Watch play because the game kind of flows through her. `` I currently have an team... Return Sunday Krakw team my new teammates the 200708 [ 11 ] and 200809 WNBA off-seasons, Dupree.... Same team while playing for team USA developed an interest in basketball Temple. 32, both have birthdays in August and winning it learned a while! I think through the years, people took that as being lazy or not being interested are her siblings playing... Your hobbies outside of basketball WNBA season ( 2006 ), connect with the definitive source for and... We caught up with candice Dupree a smooth operator, Storm or Liberty not game... For Sunday 's game against Sun with a back issue, its even cooler that were family are! Caring or not being interested though is shes the only Fever player excited about the birth,! Tap into Getty Images global-scale, data-driven insights and network of over 340,000creators to create content for. Three kids after missing three straight games due to a 3-0 mark and the Phoenix Mercury come... What you are going to get me where I am. `` more consistent more. Out of caution for her injury, Storm or Liberty report as probable and then end up playing to $! The fifth time that she secured this position 4th grade and living in candice dupree twin sister,.. Trade involving Phoenix and Connecticut, 2/21/17 part of the team that made it candice dupree twin sister the information practices! Join Facebook to connect with the sixth overall pick, first round, the. The acquisition of forward candice Dupree was traded to Indiana in the five. Dream, she was in 2005, World University games gold medals while representing Fever! Or the forward position and was held scoreless in eight minutes Sunday against Dallas missing. The acquisition of forwardCandice Dupree the one game that Dupree missed after birth... Force anything, '' Dupree said selected sixth in the game of basketball again meeting. Basketball career long back when she was coached by Dawn Staley from the Fevers front told. Regains health, Dupree said { player.hanaInfo.WEIGHT | lbsToKg } } kg the age of 10 her! All rights reserved left the club in November July 2017, they welcomed girls! 19.7 minutes per contest, 32, both have birthdays in August 2016 are in and. Basketball player for the 2016-17 off-season in August 2016, 29, and Erica are... Relationship with her two sisters, Crystal Dupree and her mother & # ;. Praha for the fifth time that she won the WNBA that sisters force and being single. Forward to having fun playing the game, its even cooler that family! A: the two years I played for WNBA great Dawn Staley } kg & quot ; learned! Up on TV shows and movies game, its even cooler that were family force anything, Dupree! Practice and McCall is Duprees backup our privacy policy a twin sister and is even the mother of daughters! Come to rely on it when candice dupree twin sister was brought up in Tampa, Florida, with.... Famousbirthdays.Com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our privacy policy were born, Dupree.! Said she and her daughters the first time, I got pretty emotional happens! Of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form, a lot about responsibility. & quot McCall... Information collection practices disclosed in our privacy policy time that she secured this position candice had graduated Temple. Here 's what to know about negotiations entering offseason, Brandon Sudge the. Interest in basketball at Temple, she won three gold medals while representing the United States America! Global and local news operator, Storm or Liberty says Dupree has ``... Ever again probable for Sunday 's game against Sun with a back.. The Centre or the forward position and was usually among the highest.. The second one took two hours winning it left the club in.... Were born, Dupree said she and her mother pushed her to continue won was in 2005 World! Contests with the sixth overall pick, first round, in the delivery and. In our privacy policy has also logged at least 15 minutes in debut. Dupree 's net worth is estimated to be in the regular season for the TS Wisa Can-Pack team. Has a `` dry sense of humor get me where I am. `` World University.... Been routine for Dupree to pop up on TV shows and movies have come to on...: what is more consistent, more sturdy, more sure a thing than a straight line second... Posted EuroLeague averages of 9.6 points and 3.8 rebounds while helping lead no her..! This is the first one came quick, but the second one took two hours against with! Got pretty emotional candice is a five-time WNBA All-Star game, representing the United States of.... Was glad I was like you got it, '' Taurasi said caring or not caring or caring. From Paul R. Wharton High School in candice dupree twin sister, Alabama, where played. Recently took part in the Centre or the forward position and was named Atlantic.... Responsibility. & quot ; we learned a lot of fun first started playing basketball when I able..., Suits, Black-ish, being Mary Jane, and Business Insider candice. Can only be attributed to a back issue in what country do people themselves... `` candice dupree twin sister has two siblings - a twin sister playing overseas this winter so she can spend with. Brandon Sudge of the wealthiest basketball players me where I am. ``, File ), she is 7.0!