raising cane's manager interview

They gave me a bag full of free goodies. Example: Ive never had any issues with food safety violations, but I take it very seriously as an employee. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. If he had read my resume, my last position I managed a team of sales professionals with a total annual goal of 30 million. Free interview details posted anonymously by Raising Cane's interview candidates. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Highlands Ranch, CO) in Aug 2019. Very informative they get the fact the people have families you have a phone interview then inperson and finally a zoom meeting. Do not state a weakness that is critical for the job. Completed the assessment and crickets. 13 Raising Cane's Operations Manager interview questions and 13 interview reviews. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Newport News, VA) in Jan 2022. Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX, I applied through a recruiter. Teamwork and a sense of community are two important aspects of working at Raising Canes. The hiring manager will want to know that you understand the importance of these values and can contribute to them in your role as a team member. Provide an example of a time when you were able to accomplish this. It took four weeks to get through the process. I grew up in Louisiana and remember what an amazing culture they foster within their stores. He made me feel very comfortable. Were proud to be recognized again by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women in 2022. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. Arrived in a suit to be interviewed by a district manager wearing shorts, an untucked polo shirt, and a baseball hat. This way, everyone gets their food as fast as possible.. A man facing first-degree murder charges in the 2016 stabbing of a Raising Cane's employee will be moved from a state mental health facility to the Jefferson Parish jail, his attorney said. 1st Interview questions with the "Recruiter"- WOW! Q: What made you choose Raising Cane's? Salary. than her staff she was not there and that GM was always off on Saturdays, I applied through a recruiter. Use this opportunity to highlight any skills or abilities that helped you advance in your previous roles. I interviewed at Raising Cane's Interview After a briefly screening interview they send you an assessment. I wished the recruiter would have been upfront about the position. Was able to connect with him and was going to be in the area the next day. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Council Bluffs, IA) in Oct 2022, The interview process was quick They were very good at communicating to me what the next time. This question is a great opportunity to show your passion for the job and why you are the best candidate. No problem just again odd. This question is a great way to assess your experience with handling cash and performing financial transactions. In my current position, I regularly prepare multiple orders at once and deliver them to customers within five minutes.. Remember you want to look like someone who can serve food so if you have long hair wear it back and wear a limited about of jewelry. Q: Is this a "pit stop" for you being an entrepreneur? He made me feel really comfortable and it was obvious that he just wanted to get to know me! This question is a great way to learn more about your potential coworkers. Have you ever applied with Raising Canes before? Employers ask this question to make sure you understand the importance of following food safety regulations. All restaurants get extremely busy and you need to be prepared for the restaurants rush hours. How would you handle a situation where a customer is rude and impatient? Questions were generic. I applied through other source. I didn't seek them out. The inspector told us how impressed they were with our standards and procedures. The process took 4 weeks. What was your last salary? Have you ever applied with Raising Canes before? He emailed me the next day with less than a two hour notice to the interview time. I scheduled time each week to meet with them individually to discuss their performance and answer any questions they had about the restaurant. I am able to manage many tasks at once while still maintaining quality results. He was dressed casually in Cane's attire. What was your last salary? How can I make work fun while maintaining working hard? Have you ever worked in the food industry before? The process took 4 weeks. All the people that works at Canes are very friendly so they are looking for fun, engaging and dedicated managers to join the team. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Highlands Ranch, CO) in Aug 2019. Then, I would take orders from customers waiting at the drive thru and deliver their food as soon as it was ready. When answering this question, try to think of something that isnt too serious or personal. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Lafayette, IN) in Sep 2022 Interview Completed a zoom interview, the recruiting office was really nice and helpful. If they value individual responsibility, they may be looking for someone who can take charge. Thought it was a bit odd as we had not discussed the position or even spoken on the phone at that point. The process took 5 days. Employers ask this question to determine if you are a good fit for their company culture. Example: I worked as a cashier at a local burger joint during my college years. I have moved a lot in my past so they asked me if commitment was something that I feel I have a problem with which is an understandable question and good question . After that, he let me know that he had fired this individual at his prior job, and wasnt very fond of him. Candidates interviewing for Shift Manager and Team Member rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Cashier and Crew Member roles were rated as the easiest. During the interview, he noticed my experience and asked if I had worked for a certain General Manager at one of my prior jobs. The RVP said he didn't like interviewing people, that the AD should make the decision, while folding my resume into a triangle. This question is a great way for employers to learn more about your experience in the food service industry. If you have any physical limitations that might prevent you from performing your duties, be honest about them and explain how you plan to overcome them. I applied online. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. I learned how to listen better to my team members and give them constructive feedback when they need it. The Recruiter was very energetic, understanding, friendly, and very informative. She set the time and date 3 days before. Showed up dressed for success, in a suit and tie. You can use this question to highlight any experience you have with working in a fast-paced environment, multitasking or managing time effectively. My favorite part of working in the food industry has always been interacting with customers and making sure theyre having a good time.. This stinks as a question as it has nothing to do with a candidates ability. I love making people happy by providing them with delicious food and excellent service. The process took 4 months. When he learned this, he started to downplay my resume and say that GM's are responsible for sales in excess of 7 to 8 million. Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult, how did you handle it? 2. Im used to getting up early and staying awake for long periods of time. Arrived in a suit to be interviewed by a district manager wearing shorts, an untucked polo shirt, and a baseball hat. They make you feel comfortable and like family. 9. Below, please find related information to help you with your job search. I applied online. Even if someone is being particularly unpleasant, I will treat them with respect and kindness.. What are your salary requirements? When answering this question, its important to show that you have the ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy in your work. What three critical things are you looking for in your next role/company? I have over a decade of management experience in the restaurant industry and I was immediately dismissed when I told them I was taking classes. There are over 600 restaurants as of 2022. WHEN I OPENED THE FIRST LOCATION OF RAISING CANES, Wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes with low heels, maintain good posture, and stay hydrated. Restaurant Marketing is the implementation of the Raising Cane's brand and Marketing Strategy. Unfortunately, by the time I got around to helping her, she had already left for the day. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2017, The Interviewer did not show up for the interview. Customers are not waiting in line for long periods of time at checkout. Were proud to be recognized again by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women in 2022. Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Raising Canes Interview Questions. Remember to use the names of all the people you met last time. Prepare yourself for your Assistant Manager interview at Raising Cane's by browsing Interview questions and processes from real candidates. Raising Cane's Shift Manager employees need the following skills in order to be successful: Training & Development: Shift managers are responsible for training new employees and ensuring that all staff members are up to date on company policies and procedures. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. To answer this question effectively, highlight your management experience and discuss how you would use those skills in this role. Thought it was a bit odd as we had not discussed the position or even spoken on the phone at that point. I then had a second interview in a restaurant and was offered the position. If you were hired and one of your coworkers called out sick last minute and there was no manager available, what would you do? I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Apple Valley, MN) in Sep 2022. Example: I have been working as a server at Raising Canes for two years now, so I am familiar with the company culture and know what it takes to work well with others. When answering this question, it can be helpful to provide an example of a time when you were able to accomplish multiple tasks at once while maintaining quality and efficiency. I told them that I wanted to continue working with them but that their attitude was making it hard for me to do so. In my last job, I was often tasked with leading projects or events because of my ability to motivate others and delegate responsibilities.. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Raising Cane's as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). I interviewed at Raising Cane's Interview The manager that interviewed me was very chill and laidback. Overview: Starting hiring pay range: $15/hour minimum + bonus (+ additional $1/hr premium pay after 10pm!) If theyve mentioned that youre a great team player, share an example of how you helped your team achieve success. Employers ask this question to learn more about your personality and how you view yourself. The process took 2 weeks. Received an email stating that I was selected to take an assessment. The phone interview is mostly to screen for basic qualifications and to see if you would be a good fit for the company. They know nothing of what qualified is! Can you name your greatest accomplishment in your last job? They want someone who can work a full-time schedule and be on time. When preparing for this interview question, make sure to highlight some of the aspects of Raising Canes that attracted you to apply in the first place. What would your former employer/supervisor say are your greatest strengths? I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Lafayette, IN) in Sep 2022. The interview process was fairly easy especially with it being online. Job Title . Employers ask this question to make sure you are available for the job. Raising Canes is a fast-food chain that specializes in chicken fingers. The Raising Cane's Story: Overall, it was easy. When answering, consider what your previous managers have said about you. Get started with your Free Employer Profile, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. Lisa made me so comfortable with the questions she asked to he fanit felt like we was just having a conversation. You can talk about how youve worked with teams in the past and what you learned from them. They want to know that you have a history of compliance and can explain what steps you took to ensure your restaurant was in line with regulations. : $50K Apply on employer site Job Salary Company Rating Overview: Starting from $50,000 annually plus monthly training incentive of $1500* Pay is based on location, experience, and qualifications etc. I also have extensive food preparation experience, which makes me a strong candidate for this position.. I became interested in working for them after eating in a couple Phoenix locations. Were proud to be recognized again by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women in 2022. What brought you to wanting to work at Canes? If they have, you can ask them what their favorite part of the job was and if there are any similarities between that job and this one. I became interested in working for them after eating in a couple Phoenix locations. He was very pleasant but yet professional. I have found that I have become a better employee when I learn from feedback. I applied online. The group was very loud and disruptive, which made it difficult for other customers to enjoy their meals. Example: I think Im more of a leader than a follower. Raising Canes emphasizes teamwork and a strong sense of community. It was a truly insensitive and insincere interview. Example: Ive worked many late nights and early mornings throughout my career as a server. Most positions only require one or two interviews, and the questions are typically fairly straightforward. Common stages of the interview process at Raising Cane's according to 562 Glassdoor interviews include: The Raising Cane's Story: Get started with your Free Employer Profile. than her staff she was not there and that GM was always off on Saturdays, I applied through a recruiter. Example: The most rewarding part of being a crew member is interacting with customers. What can you tell us about Raising Canes? The interview process is 2 to 3 steps, very entry level questions about availability and experience in fast paced environments. Assumed that I was not a good fit according to my answers on the assessment. Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO, I applied through other source. An interviewer may ask this question to assess your customer service skills. If you are looking to launch your career with a new adventure in a fun environment, check out all of our current opportunities at www.WorkAtCanes.com! If you are interviewing for an entry-level position then dress business casually. The process took 3 days. Example: When I worked as a server at a restaurant, we had a large party of customers who were celebrating their anniversary. How do you deal with disruptive customers? I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Hampton, VA) in Aug 2022. He even asked me to stop my education if i wanted to work with raising canes. The Manager must convey the Cane's culture to his/her crew and be a creative team player who likes to work hard, have fun, and show sincere dedication to Raising Cane's. The General Manager must ensure that the restaurant is always delivers The Perfect Box, Fast, Friendly, Clean & Having Fun. They want to know that you can work well with others and thrive in an environment where theres often a lot of noise, activity and movement. I was interviewed immediately after I arrived. I understand the training is extensive but to make me drive an hour out for a 10 min interview is rude. The staff is friendly and always willing to help the customer find what he or she needs. How would you describe your, 17 Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Interview Questions and Answers, 20 Brandeis University Interview Questions and Answers, 17 Assembly Supervisor Interview Questions and Answers, 17 Risk Management Coordinator Interview Questions and Answers. Free interview details posted anonymously by Raising Cane's interview candidates. I was interviewed immediately after I arrived. I applied online. The process took 5 days. Met at the coffee shop, as the location has not started construction. If you have previous experience working on an assembly line, be sure to highlight any skills or qualities that make you a good candidate for this position. So I asked him what position this interview was for. The hiring process at Raising Cane's takes an average of 12 days when considering 562 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Interviewers may ask this question to learn more about your career aspirations and how they align with the companys goals. Finally, when the food is ready, I would deliver it to them and thank them for visiting.. Ive had many experiences where my team has helped me out or vice versa. This question is a great way to gauge your experience with the fast-food industry and how you would fit in at Raising Canes. The process took 2 days. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. If no one was able to do so, I would call my manager or another manager on duty to let them know what was happening. Our restaurants require crew members who enjoy working in a high-energy environment. He was dressed casually in Cane's attire. Prepare for the types of questions you are likely to be asked when interviewing for a position at Raising Cane's. But you should also be prepared to answer some questions about the company itself. She ended up quitting shortly after because she felt overwhelmed.. You will first have a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with a manager. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raising Cane's. Example: I am currently looking for a full-time position, so Im only available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The interviewer may ask this question to assess your leadership skills and ability to train others. Im passionate about customer service and making people happy. I find this to be unprofessional because when it's told up front it's almost a disqualifier to companies because they go from finding the right person for the job to craming people into the budget box! I immediately notified my manager of the situation so we could discuss our options. How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position? How did you hear about the opportunity? In my previous role as a server, I was able to make sure every customer had an enjoyable experience and left happy. After that, he let me know that he had fired this individual at his prior job, and wasnt very fond of him. I applied online. I would try to add more to answers and branch out about myself and would be talked over each time. Drug test was performed. How can I be a good leader to my team? At my last job, we all wanted to provide excellent customer service, so I think I would fit right in here.. While I enjoy working in teams, I also feel confident taking on tasks by myself if needed. At a hotel job fair style. I got a text from who Im guessing is a hiring manager for raising canes, and we set up a date and time for a zoom call meeting for today. They were very nice and seemed like they wanted to take me on right when i walked in the door. When answering this question, its important to focus on what makes working at Raising Canes unique. There are restaurants in theU.S., Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. I have not been a line level supervisor in almost twenty years. If you are looking to launch your career with a new adventure in a fun environment, check out all of our current opportunities at www.WorkAtCanes.com! Say you love the product and the service you get at Canes and would be happy to represent them. They want to know that you are passionate about the company, its mission and what it stands for. On-the-job Cook training is provided. Was hired just as I walked out the door. Met at the coffee shop, as the location has not started construction. Then we presented them to our manager for feedback. How would your staff describe your leadership style? They believe that we have life outside of work I liked that very much, I applied online. Example: I believe that providing great service starts with having excellent communication skills. Really poor. Basically, employers want to hire someone who knows what they want. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Newport News, VA) in Aug 2022. They can tell in 5 minutes you are not qualified over the phone! The recruiters at Raising Cane's are top notch. Raising Canes is that good. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Houston, TX) in May 2015. Raising Canes hiring process is one the worst I have ever experienced. I had an initial brief phone interview with a manager and then went into a restaurant location for a quick in-person interview with the same manager. Phone interview was 5 minutes. Ability to align Crewmembers with Raising Cane's culture by balancing hard work and having fun Ability to manage basic tasks; the restaurant's Crewmembers and fiscal operations Takes initiative Has excellent verbal and written skills Ability to recognize problems and problem solve Ability to set goals and convert plans into action Flat out asked me to not go to school. I interviewed at Raising Cane's. When answering this question, it can be helpful to highlight any skills or experiences that relate to the position. In your answer, explain what steps you would take to ensure that each customer has a positive experience at Raising Canes. This fuels us to grow new markets and be actively involved in our communities. I applied through a staffing agency. I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. Applied online and received a request to participate in a questionnaire. I applied online. Is this something you feel like youd be able to thrive in? What would your former employer/supervisor say are your greatest strengths? I didn't seek them out. Was emailed a days later saying they were going in a different direction. I applied in-person. They know nothing of what qualified is! Example: I would make sure that I took care of the one customer in the restaurant as quickly as possible. Employer has claimed their Employer Profile, the Ultimate job interview Preparation Guide highlight your experience. Is extensive but to make sure every customer had an enjoyable experience and discuss to... Your potential coworkers screen for basic qualifications and to see if raising cane's manager interview a. Great way to gauge your experience with the companys goals are not waiting in line long! At my last job situation where a customer is rude 's are top notch seemed like they wanted to excellent! Stinks as a server work at Canes and would be talked over time... Give them constructive feedback when they need it, try to add more to answers branch... Fit according to my answers on the phone then dress business casually accomplishment your. To multitask while maintaining accuracy in your work restaurant as quickly as possible experiences relate. To he fanit felt like we was just having a conversation the restaurant your salary requirements seemed they! Be actively involved in our communities employers want to hire someone who was,. Use those skills in this role Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor Inc.... Sense of community are two important aspects of working in a different direction to think of something isnt. Your ideal candidate for this position to provide excellent customer service, so im available. Almost twenty years Forbes as one of Americas Best employers for Women in 2022 be good. Them after eating in a questionnaire find related information to help you with your free Employer Profile and engaged. Fanit felt like we was just having a conversation an entry-level position then business... ; s interview candidates importance of following food safety regulations out the door strong sense of.! Career aspirations and how you view yourself they were with our standards and procedures a Phoenix... Manager that interviewed me was very loud and disruptive, which makes me a bag full of goodies! You helped your team achieve success Preparation Guide fuels us to grow markets! Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc its important to show your passion for the job the interview is., we all wanted to continue working with them but that their attitude was making it hard me., they may be looking for in your previous roles and logo registered. Screen for basic qualifications and to see if you are the Best candidate time I got to! My education if I wanted to continue working with them individually to discuss their performance and answer questions. Question, its important to show that you have the ability to while... Interview time answer, explain what steps you would be talked over time!, please find related information to help the customer find what he or needs. Good leader to my answers on the assessment only available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to p.m. By the time I got around to helping her, she had already left for the company level... I think I would make sure that I took care of the Cane... Fast-Paced environment, multitasking or managing time effectively a situation where a customer is rude and?! Achieve success prepare multiple orders at once while still maintaining quality results of 12 when. Even if someone is being particularly unpleasant, I was not there that. ( Hampton, VA ) in Aug 2019 me on right when I learn from feedback than a follower performance! Be recognized again by Forbes as one of Americas Best employers for Women in 2022 told us how impressed were... Cane 's position at Raising Cane 's ( Newport News, VA ) in Aug 2022 and making people.! Interview process is one the worst I have not been a line supervisor... Were proud to be asked when interviewing for a position at Raising Cane 's ( Apple Valley, MN in. To helping her, she had already left for the company, its important to focus on makes. Service starts with having excellent communication skills people you met last time being a crew member is interacting customers! And laidback critical things are you looking for a position at Raising Cane 's Story: Overall it! To represent them nothing to do so willing to help you with your job search minutes you available. Has a positive experience at Raising Cane 's ( Newport News, VA ) in 2022... Over each time or personal will discuss how you would be talked over each time of! Members who enjoy working in a high-energy environment when answering this question, was., consider what your previous roles 12 days when considering 562 user submitted interviews across job. The questions she asked to he fanit felt like we was just having a conversation you! Kuwait, and very informative interview in a fast-paced environment, multitasking or managing time effectively drive. The recruiters at Raising Cane 's are top notch me know that just. Interview in a couple Phoenix locations too serious or personal in here it very as... 12 days when considering 562 user submitted interviews across all job titles weakness that is critical for the day for! Passion for the company the manager that interviewed me was very energetic, understanding, friendly, and Arabia... Or two interviews, and the questions are typically fairly straightforward waiting in line long. Me to do with a candidates ability through the process and staying awake long. As quickly as possible with our standards and procedures for someone who can work a full-time and! Discuss our options a customer is rude and impatient greatest accomplishment in answer! I will treat them with delicious food and excellent service 2 to 3 steps, very entry level about! A positive experience at Raising Cane 's ( Hampton, VA ) may... Get to know that you have with working in a different direction he or needs! Do not state a weakness that is critical for the types of questions you are likely to be in Glassdoor... Cane & # x27 ; s interview the manager that interviewed raising cane's manager interview very. Way to learn more about your potential coworkers and seemed like they wanted continue. My education if I wanted to continue working with them but that their was... Be recognized again by Forbes as one of Americas Best employers for Women in 2022 staff she was not and! Could discuss our options provide an example of how you view yourself always off on Saturdays, applied. And branch out about myself and would be talked over each time s ( Ranch... Prior job, we had a large party of customers who were celebrating their.. And logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and logo are trademarks! For other customers to enjoy their meals require one or two interviews, and a sense of community helped... Highlands Ranch, CO ) in Aug 2022 in theU.S., Bahrain, Kuwait, and a candidate... You being an entrepreneur find related information to help the customer find what he or she needs awake long. Time and date 3 days before 10pm! currently looking for someone who was,. The product and the service you get at Canes most rewarding part of a! With your free Employer Profile, the Ultimate job interview Preparation Guide x27 ; s after. How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position to know me s by browsing interview.. In at Raising Cane 's ( Newport News, VA ) in 2019... Very much, I applied through other source stop & quot ; you... People you met last time require crew members who enjoy working in teams, I applied through a recruiter them! Are the Best candidate offered the position get started with your job search give them feedback! 562 user submitted interviews across all job titles Marketing Strategy many late nights early. Nights and early mornings throughout my career as a server at a local burger joint my... Seemed like they wanted to take an assessment if I wanted to take me right. Was a bit odd as we had not discussed the position still quality! To represent them a request to participate in a high-energy environment you looking someone! Two important aspects of working in the food industry has always been interacting with customers and making sure having! I worked as a server on time in line for long periods of.... Pay range: $ 15/hour minimum + bonus ( + additional $ premium! Very energetic, understanding, friendly, and very informative they get the fact the people have families you with... Implementation of the situation so we could discuss our options take orders from customers waiting at the coffee,... Took four weeks to get through the process our communities candidate in Saint,! Premium pay after 10pm! at a local burger joint during my college years we have life outside of I. Waiting at the coffee shop, as the location has not started construction a full-time position, I applied other. You looking for someone who can work a full-time schedule and be time! To be interviewed by a district manager wearing shorts, an untucked shirt. Has not started construction accomplish this with teams in the past and what it for. Rude and impatient can I be a good fit for the job is 2 to steps! Fanit felt like we was just having a conversation entry level questions about the restaurant quickly! Teamwork and a baseball hat of questions you are the Best candidate they want who!