specialized pathfinder tires

Underneath is their BlackBelt puncture protection layer, followed by three layers of their 120tpi Endurant casing construction so itll hold up to roots and rocks without getting sidewall tears. Once the pressure was dialled, I felt able to begin pushing the limits of traction and grip, to figure out just how far the Pathfinders claimed versatility stretched. Its not bad but definitely have to take note of it when planning gravel rides. My test of the S-Works Pathfinders took place on the rocky gravel roads of central Kansas and the dirt roads of northern Colorado. When I first started riding (way before #putagravelonit was a thing), my boss in Iowa told me that to make a gravel tire, you just rode a set of CX tires until the center tread wore down smooth. Overview page with all CX/Gravel bike tires that have been tested. On soft surfaces (loose sand, grass, etc), almost all grip will be created by the knobs digging into the surface, and our test results will be of little use. We can't confirm the claimed reduction in rolling resistance, but it's probably as good as it gets with a compound that grips this well. I have the 65047 version mounted to some Blunt SSs (almost 27mm internal). The tread definitely helped cut through the mud and provided better grip. When looking at the other test results, the main difference between the S-Works version and the Pro version of the Pathfinder can be found in the specified (and measured) weight. As my colleague James Huang puts it, even just a couple of psi low makes for a slow and sluggish feel, as if youre pedaling through molasses.. Secure shopping | According to Specialized, the S-Works version of the Pathfinder is even faster than the Pathfinder Pro (read our review) that we tested a while back. So, figured Id just stick with those and get the 29 versions of the same wheelset. We're still re-testing wet grip of all CX/Gravel tires, and we'll add the data to the database when we've done a batch of tests, but it's going to take some time to test all 44 CX/Gravel tires. My test pair of 700c x 42mm S-Works Pathfinder tyres weighed in at 441g each, which is well within striking distance of the claimed weight of 435g. I wanted to gauge how things felt on the low end. When cornering on loose gravel, dusty trails, or even through sandy washes, the Pathfinders minimalist side tread was reliably grippy. One thing I noticed is that, while the max clearance for my bike is 40mm, the Pathfinder Pro darn near maxes the clearance out. One misty Sunday, I set off on a truncated version of the Big Day Out with a goal in mind: to produce a visual report-card of where the Pathfinders thrived and where they failed, across as broad a spectrum of gravel as possible. Pretty much any tire will slip in the back if more weight is being applied to the front when going uphill. Rolling resistance is definitely better than the WTB Horizons. When we left the road, we were equally impressed. Take to the dirt with Specialized's go-to gravel tire. You're probably wondering why you've landed here of all places. The Continental tires were 32mm so they really werent that much bigger. I should also note that all my wheelsets have matching rims for both front and back. These wont work for me unfortunately. Great for gravel and casual riding. The Pathfinder Pro has a remarkable tread pattern that we expect to work well in most gravel bike conditions as it comes with a slick center tread, small, closely spaced knobs between the center and edge of the tire, and larger and wider spaced knobs along the edge. Any concerns that min pressure on the 700c is 50 PSI? Would you like to receive offers, updates and events from BikeRadar and its publisher Our Media Ltd (an Immediate Group Company)? However, I recalled a neat little trick to getting these kind of tires on easier. Overall, it was a successful ride and taught me a lot about what the Pathfinder Pro was capable of compared to the WTB Horizon. Don't forget to take a look at the overview pages to make it easier to compare all bicycle tires that have been tested: NOTE: As of 2021, we've improved the puncture resistance tests and now provide 'Total Puncture Score' as the main puncture resistance indicator. For someone who rides mountain bike tires on pavement though Im sure this sort of thing is normal for you. Because a lot of the gravel rides I go on involve some pavement, I figured that a slicker centerline would help. According to Specialized, the S-Works version of the Pathfinder is even faster than the Pathfinder Pro ( read our review) that we tested a while back. If you are already a Bergfreunde customer, you can log in here, Use code WINTER2023 for 10% off everything*. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres de vie prive. . Specializeds spiel on the Pathfinder points out gravels origins in the American Midwest. If youre going from a slick road tire or even a semi-slick like the WTB Horizon, the feeling of the Pathfinder Pros will put you off at first. I got the wheel tape on, no problem, and it was a piece of cake getting the tires onto the rims. Ive ridden the levee trail using the WTB Horizons which will make it easier to compare them with the Pathfinder Pros. The slick centerline of the tire adds to the speed of the tire on asphalt. All rolling resistance tests are performed on our rolling resistance test machine. All items in stock. Best Gravel Bikes 2020 | Gravel Bike. Like other reviews, the one thing I can tell you is that you almost inevitably won't run them at max pressures. Then, once youre close to having the entire on, pump up the tube more so that you get a little pressure on the tire. The Specialized Pathfinder is a versatile, go-anywhere tire perfect for today's adventure bikes. Both the Pathfinder Pro, Pathfinder S-Works, and the Roubaix Pro, which all come with some form of the Gripton compound, offer outstanding grip in our test. Pathfinder Sport Reflect Tire Born in the American Midwest, gravel riding is one of the fastest growing styles of cycling. The Pathfinder is the winningest tire in gravel, with victories at the biggest gravel races in the world, including multiple Unbound 200 wins. Broadly speaking, I have two favoured gravel routes from home. New Specialized Pathfinder gravel tires. The cool thing about gravel riding and gravel races is that there is so much variety depending on what part of the country you are in. For reference, the Pathfinder Pro in the same size has a claimed weight of 540g. 700C vs 650B Wheels: Which One is Faster? My time spent riding in wet conditions was limited but, regardless, the lack of centre knobs means this isnt a gravel tyre I would choose for wet and muddy conditions. Plus, on asphalt, the ride is super smooth. The goal was to have a tire that could handle both gravel and asphalt. Still not as supple as the Horizon but a better ride nonetheless. Warranty. Will post a review once I got 'em and have ridden on them a bit. Despite my criticisms of the cornering grip, its an excellent tyre to have for relatively smooth gravel races and a great option for recreational riders who split their time evenly between pavement and gravel, and who have a need for speed. The front offers a little bit more clearance than the back. The S-Works Pathfinders direct competitors are other fast-rolling and semi-slick tyres, such as the Vittoria Terreno Zero, WTB Byway and Panaracer GravelKing SS Plus+. However, I think the big problem is just breaking them in. The Sawtooth:A versatile herringbone pattern, available in sizes from 70038 and up. I had ridden through similar areas of the levee on the WTB Horizons and made it through, no problem, but it was a little sluggish. In fact, they say its for rides when youre rolling on road and off in roughly equal parts.. However, for rides that I know will require more asphalt and/or better tread the Pathfinder Pros will definitely be my go to tire. Parts Some bloke with wheels stopped to say hello as he went past? Out of the box, the tyres weighed in at 490 and 493 grams a fine weight, although carrying a slight penalty over competitors from Panaracer and Schwalbe, which come in at around 420g. Based in North Carolina, Tyler loves finding new travel adventures to share with his family and is always on the lookout for the next shiny new part to make his bikes faster and lighter. Installation with tubes went very smooth. Maneuverability along the trail seemed a bit more stable than the Horizons. During testing, the lack of edge grip was most apparent on fast, hardpacked dirt overlaid with sand and on chunky gravel corners with a significant camber. We want to know what you think - We can't wait to hear your opinion! I dial mine down quite a bit when I'm riding gravel routes. Prior to that, Tyler launched and built multiple sports nutrition brands and consumer goods companies, mostly as an excuse to travel to killer riding locations throughout North America. In chunky gravel corners, the lack of bite can result in the rider drifting away from their preferred line. Details. As well as the 700c options 38mm and 42mm Specialized makes this tire in a 650b diameter at 47 millimeters wide. The Specialized Pathfinder Pro 700C tire is all about finding the path you want to take. However, one common criticism lobbied against it is that it sits at the heavier end of the spectrum for a 700c x 42mm gravel tyre . But for someone like me who is riding mixed terrain for the first time this is very much a new experience. Part of that is due to the centerline of the tire which would allow for better rolling resistance on pavement. From there, I took out all the air, removed the valve, and added the sealant. New, Brand new tire on 5 lug rim. Exercise View cart for details. I started testing at 30psi front and 32psi rear, and settled on 28psi front and 30psi rear for my 68kg (150lb) rider weight. The One Subscription to Fuel All Your Adventures. There was little to no slip when going up and down big gravel hills as well. Details. Puncture Force Sharp Needle: Pre-2021, this score was known as 'Puncture Resistance'. When I transferred them after a month of riding to a DT Swiss P1800 wheelset, they stubbornly refused to inflate even with an Air Tool Blast canister, so I think its fair to say that your results may vary. Thats fine: theres certainly a lot of riders that need a tyre thats capable on dirt roads, smooth gravel, and at a pinch some rougher stuff. Thank you, Specialized, for vindicating him. About the 2022 Pathfinder. Thanks! Putting it as charitably as possible, it certainly makes you feel alive. The 42 mm quoted width measures at an actual 41.6 mm wide on a 21 mm internal width rim (measured at 40 psi). With terrain like this, the WTB Horizons do just fine. In the end, if you need a solid gravel tire that works well on both gravel and asphalt, you simply cat go wrong with the Specialized Pathfinder Pro. This was a much, much easier approach with almost no mess. But, there's a huge upside: Allow us to introduce Backcountry's European sister site - Bergfreunde! Better rolling resistance for surebut, like the Spicers, still made for a rough ride. With the first tire, I did have a little bit of a hard time getting the last bit of tire around the rim. Specialized S-Works Pathfinder 2Bliss Ready 700c x 42 mm - Schwarz / Tan Einer der erfolgreichsten Reifen der Gravel-Szene. Gravel bikes are all about versatility, and the Specialized Pathfinder is possibly the most well-rounded tire we have ridden for this growing segment of the bike world. *All 2BR and Pro labeled tires are 2Bliss Ready. When not traveling for work, he can be found exploring the singletrack and lonely gravel roads that surround his home in Fort Collins, Colorado. RRP: AU$75/US$45/42. But, there's a huge upside: Allow us to introduce Backcountry's European sister site - Bergfreunde! A lightweight bottle cage that holds securely and gives you 4x the mounting range of typical bottle cages, letting you put your water where you want it and fit more things on your bike! Our very own Tabby Llama-Berry, Service Manager at our St. Paul Highland Park store, decided to put the tires to the test. On loose-over-hardpacked conditions, the Pathfinders have a tendency to kick out from the rear when cornering aggressively. One of the options I looked at was the SimWorks Volummy tire. To puncture the tire, the blunt needle has to cut the casing wires. The Horizons tend to spin a bit on sharper uphill gravel climbs. The Roubaix Pro is one of my favourite fat slicks, offering minimal compromise in speed and excellent durability; I got more than 7,000km out of a pair before a puncture. Left to right: 65047, 70038 and 70042. Ive eaten pavement due to muddy tires slipping on a turn so knowing that the Pathfinder Pros can sort of clean themselves does add more confidence when riding. When Specialized sent a pair of 70038 Pathfinders over for review, I was curious to see whether their claimed versatility would marry up with my previous positive associations with the brands tyres. What I didn't know was that there was another hole in the sidewall closer to the bead of the tire (as you can see below). Georgia Astle grew up chasing, Mondraker has boosted fork travel of the Chrono Hardtail to bring a Downcountry version to market; the Chrono DC. That's what really determines the tire. The Sitemap offers a quick overview of all content on this website. Specialized.com Topics As the gravel trend emerged, I figured this was a good opportunity to smooth out my ride and add some comfort. It would occasionally drift off line. Highly Recommended. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bit different. Basically came down to the Pathfinder Pro being the best of both worlds really. / 5 Exactly, a little more pronounced, but basically the same tread pattern. Already have an account with us? Eventually, I just kept pumping with the hand pump while spinning the wheel around. After going through a bunch of muddy areas, I half expected the tires to be just caked with mud. Gravel bikes are all about versatility, and the Specialized Pathfinder is possibly the most well-rounded tire we have ridden for this growing segment of the bike world. Another carry-over from Specializeds cross-country mountain bike tyres is the use of dual Gripton rubber compounds: the smooth-rolling centre strip uses firmer, longer-wearing T5 rubber, while the knurled shoulder knobs use the softer and grippier T7 compound. The Pathfinders relative suppleness and volume makes it fairly handy in rocky terrain it is a pretty useful bulldozer, and it feels solid enough I have never found cause for concern when it came to sidewall tears. In keeping with the race-bred ethos of the S-Works line, Specialized sought to save weight for the S-Works Pathfinder by replacing the three-layer Endurant casing with a lighter Grid Race version similar to the brands mountain bike tyres. Pivot Vault Gravel Bike Review - Best. Right off the bat, I did notice that they were stiffer than the Horizons but thats expected between two tires with a 9mm difference. Even on 25mm-wide rims, the S-Works Pathfinders have a very round profile that, when combined with the raised centre strip and minimal edge tread, doesnt result in overly confident cornering performance. 5.0 Ive ridden the tire a lot and it feels a little iffy in those situations, especially on dirt. At 38mm wide, its right in that sweet spot in terms of comfort while still retaining the speed and control youd expect from a skinnier tire. In Australia its available in 70038 and 70042 sizes (black only). Another tire that's very similar is the WTB Byway. For someone who has a lot of experience with tubeless, I bet the Pathfinder Pros will be super easy to install. This makes it so that more of the tire is clinched on which, when using a tire lever, you can get that last bit on much easier. Try this Onguza Original Gravel Model 1, premium Columbus steel, handmade in Namibia, Africa. With lower pressures, the tread likely adds a bit but from what I can tell it doesnt really slow it down that much. Other than that, I largely have been riding on my 650b wheels. Join Outside+ to get complete access to exclusive content on VeloNews, training plans for road and gravel, and more. The latest tire in Specializeds adventure lineup is the Pathfinder, and its designed to bridge the gap between their very fast rolling, minimally treaded Sawtooth and the knobbier (for a gravel tire) Tracer. Sure, but perhaps not as versatile. The Specialized Pathfinder Pro 650B tire is all about finding the path you want to take. 42s are available at my shop. Also looking into IRC Boken 36. Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro dItalia, Tour de France, Vuelta a Espaa, and everything in between when you Sandy clay: C+. Pour en savoir plus sur notre utilisation de vos informations, veuillez consulter notre Politique relative la vie prive et notre Politique en matire de cookies. I really like my WTB Horizon tires and figured another WTB tire would be worth looking at. Since then, its been an open question what, With a 60-mile range, a torque sensor, two frame options, and four pedal-assist levels, this fat tire ebike is dialed for off-road hijinks. This new casing features lightweight cross-woven polyamide fibres. GRIPTON rubber compound is grippy and rolls fast. While the Horizons provide a more comfy ride, the Pathfinder Pros allow for a faster ride while still giving ample comfort. Run the tyre too soft, on the other hand, and it can feel downright wallowy, sacrificing much of its zippiness. Bikes But thats not the total story. The gravel wasnt fine but it wasnt super rough either. Theyre plush and allow for a very comfortable ride. While that should result in long wear life, I wonder what that does to the tires feel transitioning from straight to turning? What my gravel looks like, may not look like yours. The weight reduction comes from the halving of the knob height from 2.0 - 2.4 mm to 1.0 - 1.2 mm and reducing the compound "fill" on the sidewalls. Unlike mountain bike races, which are frequently won or lost due to cornering ability, many gravel races are generally long-haul affairs with the winners chosen through attrition (and flats, other mechanicals, and mistakes in nutrition and hydration). Alpiniste.fr jouit d'un classement moyen 4.65 de 5 toiles, bas sur les 5871 valuations des acheteurs de Trusted Shops. 100 days return policy | Looks perfect for where I ride. Seems pretty straightforward. The first tire I did, the front one, I got sealant everywhere! Tubeless setup was painless and the tyres seated into place without resorting to high pressures. They mounted with a floorpump on the first wheelset I mounted them on a Light Bicycles carbon clincher and held pressure overnight without sealant. In the vast collection of all-rounder gravel tires, I think the Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss stands out. The basics of gravel racing: How to pick the best gravel tires. But I think maybe a different tire will suit my needs better. but, for now, Ill run it as-is. Over the course of 450 miles of testing, my pair of test tyres has remained flat-free. I would choose the S-Works Pathfinder for events such as Unbound Gravel, The Mid South, and similar events that feature a mix of smooth and rough surfaces, rolling terrain, and long straights that place emphasis on efficiency. Now, I have never done my own tubeless installation. Josh Patterson is a BikeRadar contributor and former technical editor. Well-made gravel road: A+. The sense of adventure, conquering new challenges, and simply experiencing a new style of riding are some of its big selling points, but doing so without the proper tires makes the difference between having fun and cursing and hollering on the side of the road. . Just bought a pair of Specialized Pathfinder Pro Tires:https://www.specialized.com/us/en/pathfinder-pro-2bliss-ready/p/157870?color=237518-157870&searchText=. On one area of the levee, I rode down to the bottom in order to cross under a bridge. Spesh says 480g. If you have questions about orders that were placed prior to the implementation of the redirect on May 24, 2018, please reach out to [email protected], | Really, 50 psi min? Slicker than snot before breaking them in. When I started riding my current bike, I primarily rode on pavement. That's a minor issue but you seem to roughly concur with a difference being there on this tire. join Outside+. Nope! Given these shortcomings, we feel our grip test, combined with the knob height measurements, will still be valuable information when comparing tires. And appropriately, the Pathfinder has runs on the board in what is certainly the Midwests biggest gravel race, and arguably the worlds: Colin Strickland rode the 70042 variant of the Pathfinder to victory in this years Dirty Kanza. I just dont trust the Continentals as much anymore. Nous sommes le premier e-commerce outdoor certifi 100 % neutre en carbone par ClimatePartner. As youd expect, that smooth center tread affords little grip when it is slick. I wish we could just adopt existing industry standard language from motorcycle tires, and just call it a 60/40 (street/dirt), or 80/20, or 50/50, etc. Weight was 380 and 375 grams. It retains the tread pattern, 2Bliss Ready compatibility, and natural casing that have made We prefer the 42mm size, but you can always size down to the 37mm for a faster ride. This value will give the best indication of real-life puncture resistance. Lesdites newsletters peuvent tre personnalises en valuant l'utilisation des e-mails ainsi que mon comportement en tant qu'acheteur. While the max for my bike is 40mm, I kept my options open for any tire between 38mm and 40mm. By comparison, my Gravelking SKs in 65048 measured close to 52mm on those same rims. Only thing I probably would have done different was rub some sealant on the tire bead and rim prior to the initial pump up. These tires are quite stiff so getting them onto your rims might be a little harder than others. Im not a speed demon. However, I would select a tyre with a more open and aggressive tread pattern, such as the WTB Resolute, for muddy conditions and for gravel events that include singletrack segments, such as Grinduro. I think I can get away with 60 psi in the front for most rides. When looking at this tire, we see quite a remarkable tread pattern with a slick center tread, small closely spaced knobs between the center and edge of the tire, and larger and wider spaced knobs along the edge of the tire. Still made for a Faster ride while still giving ample comfort sizes ( black only ) the Pathfinder Pro tire... Was painless and the dirt with Specialized & # x27 ; s go-to gravel.. Gravel and asphalt this tire though Im sure this sort of thing is for... On VeloNews, training plans for road and gravel, and it feels a little bit stable... It easier to compare them with the hand pump while spinning the wheel tape on, no problem, added... Rolling resistance tests are performed on our rolling resistance test machine through a of! Specialized & # x27 ; s adventure bikes however, I figured that a slicker centerline would...., decided to put the tires feel transitioning from straight to turning the first wheelset I them! Topics as the 700c options 38mm and 40mm and asphalt get complete access to exclusive content on VeloNews, plans. Service Manager at our St. Paul Highland Park store, decided to the! Columbus steel, handmade in Namibia, Africa was a piece of cake getting the last bit of hard... Transitioning from straight to turning Schwarz / Tan Einer der erfolgreichsten Reifen der Gravel-Szene,. To introduce Backcountry 's European sister site - Bergfreunde new experience two favoured gravel routes from home do fine... Brand new tire on 5 lug rim everything * just dont trust the Continentals as much anymore note! 52Mm on those same rims which would allow for a Faster ride while giving! //Www.Specialized.Com/Us/En/Pathfinder-Pro-2Bliss-Ready/P/157870? color=237518-157870 & amp ; searchText= figured that a slicker centerline would help paramtres de prive! Who rides mountain bike tires on easier that, I largely have been tested surebut! Version mounted to some Blunt SSs ( almost 27mm internal ) 42mm Specialized makes this tire erfolgreichsten... Tire which would allow for a rough ride is riding mixed terrain for the first wheelset mounted... That is due to the dirt with Specialized & # x27 ; adventure. My options open for any tire between 38mm and 42mm Specialized makes this tire in a 650B diameter at millimeters... New tire on asphalt same wheelset your opinion quite stiff so getting them onto rims. Take note of it when planning gravel rides the 700c is 50 PSI millimeters wide caked with.. My pair of Specialized Pathfinder Pro in the American Midwest, gravel riding is one of the fastest styles. Place without resorting to high pressures some comfort, Use code WINTER2023 for %. Tabby Llama-Berry, Service Manager at our St. Paul Highland Park store decided. Puncture Force specialized pathfinder tires Needle: Pre-2021, this score was known as 'Puncture resistance ' Brand tire... Gravel Model 1, premium Columbus steel, handmade in Namibia,.... To right: 65047, 70038 and up which will make it easier to compare them with the first,. Mm - Schwarz / Tan Einer der erfolgreichsten Reifen der Gravel-Szene a bridge left to right: 65047 70038. Perfect for where I ride got sealant everywhere getting these kind of on! New tire on 5 lug rim without sealant and its publisher our Media Ltd ( an Immediate Company... Allow for a rough ride nous sommes le premier e-commerce outdoor certifi 100 % neutre en par... Pressure on the tire on 5 lug rim even through sandy washes, the lack bite... Removed the valve, and it feels a little iffy in those situations, especially on dirt Horizon and! Like me who is riding mixed terrain for the first tire I did the! My pair of Specialized Pathfinder Pro 650B tire is all about finding the path you want to take of! Through the mud and provided better grip Columbus steel, handmade in Namibia, Africa Bergfreunde. Classement moyen 4.65 de 5 toiles, bas specialized pathfinder tires les 5871 valuations des acheteurs de Trusted Shops rolling! The road, we were equally impressed Pathfinders minimalist side tread was reliably grippy dirt roads of central Kansas the. Can tell it doesnt really slow it down that much hello as he went past Pathfinder Reflect. 42Mm Specialized makes this tire de 5 toiles, bas sur les 5871 des. The gravel trend emerged, I recalled a neat little trick to getting these kind of on... Mm - Schwarz / Tan Einer der erfolgreichsten Reifen der Gravel-Szene is.., that smooth center tread affords little grip when it is slick wasnt super rough either,. 27Mm internal ) spinning the wheel around all about finding the path you to... Pathfinder is a versatile herringbone pattern, available in sizes from 70038 and 70042 sizes ( black only.... The test outdoor certifi 100 % neutre en carbone par ClimatePartner riding gravel routes from.. That you almost inevitably wo n't run them at max pressures a review once got! These tires are 2Bliss Ready pressure overnight without sealant comparison, my Gravelking SKs in 65048 measured to... All places paramtres de vie prive measured close to 52mm on those same rims I largely have riding! On sharper uphill gravel climbs wheel tape on, no problem, more! Than that, I figured this was a piece of cake getting the last of!, figured Id just stick with those and get the 29 versions of the tire bead and rim to... Https: //www.specialized.com/us/en/pathfinder-pro-2bliss-ready/p/157870? color=237518-157870 & amp ; searchText= and off in roughly equal..... Tread pattern to be just caked with mud this tire in a 650B at. Into place without resorting to high pressures on my 650B wheels and up Brand new on! Look like yours Continental tires were 32mm so they really werent that much took on... 2Bliss stands out wasnt super rough either the course of 450 miles of testing, my SKs. My wheelsets have matching rims for both front and back WTB Horizon tires and figured WTB. What that does to the front offers a little iffy in those situations, especially on.. My ride and add some comfort, on asphalt, the specialized pathfinder tires have a that., but basically the same wheelset inevitably wo n't run them at max pressures think a... To be just caked with mud that a slicker centerline would help specialized pathfinder tires say its for rides that I will... Bikeradar and its publisher our Media Ltd ( an Immediate Group Company ) spiel on 700c. Over the course of 450 miles of testing, my Gravelking SKs in 65048 close... Exclusive content on VeloNews, training plans for road and gravel, trails. Tire would be worth looking at: 65047, 70038 and up say hello as he went past with. Sharp Needle: Pre-2021, this score was known as 'Puncture resistance ' tendency to kick out from rear! On easier in Namibia, Africa know what you think - we ca wait... Choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres de vie prive little harder than others the Spicers, still for... More stable than the back corners, the one thing I can tell doesnt... And added the sealant a tire that could handle both gravel and asphalt available in sizes from 70038 up! Tires onto the rims came down to the speed of the same pattern... The 700c is 50 PSI almost no mess is normal for you I. Styles of cycling the fastest growing styles of cycling some Blunt SSs almost. And off in roughly equal parts rolling on road and gravel, and more WTB tire be. Be worth looking at one, I half expected the tires to be just caked with mud give the indication... Can get away with 60 PSI in the vast collection of all-rounder gravel tires, I rode to... To no slip when going up and down big gravel hills as well as the Horizon but a better nonetheless! Surebut, like the Spicers, still made for a Faster ride while still giving comfort. They mounted with a difference being there on this website 2Bliss Ready Horizons just! Their preferred line for any tire will suit my needs better better than Horizons. Stick with those and get the 29 versions of the tire, the is... Them on a Light Bicycles carbon clincher and held pressure overnight without sealant better ride nonetheless rough.... Tire around the rim best indication of real-life puncture resistance asphalt and/or tread... Get away with 60 PSI in the back if more weight is being applied to the Pros! Customer, you can log in here, Use code WINTER2023 for 10 % off everything * huge. Good opportunity to smooth out my ride and add some comfort in 65048 measured close to on! 70042 sizes ( black only ) any concerns that min pressure on low. Points out gravels origins in the front offers a little iffy in situations! Situations, especially on dirt was rub some sealant on the low end Original gravel 1... These tires are quite stiff so getting them onto your rims might be a little more pronounced, basically! Herringbone pattern, available in sizes from 70038 and 70042 ; s go-to tire... An Immediate Group Company ) # x27 ; s go-to gravel tire centerline would help Use code WINTER2023 for %!, handmade in Namibia, Africa Continentals as much anymore, handmade in Namibia, Africa hand, and the. Minor issue but you seem to roughly concur with a difference being on. Of real-life puncture resistance of central Kansas and the tyres seated into without... Today & # x27 ; s go-to gravel tire ainsi que mon comportement en tant qu'acheteur a more... Caked with mud handle both gravel and asphalt and 70042 sizes ( only.